It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aleutian Islands Missile Defense base fully active now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Hello all I have been looking at some google imagery and a bit of reading on the importance of this forward high security US air station called Eareckson Air Station in the Aleutians. In the link below is a great article on one of its purposes for Missile defence and its ability to forward base large specialized aircraft(Maybe the 747 air bourne laser or other large air assets) and etc.

www.globalsecurity.org...

Also below I have imagery that seems to be no more than 4 or 5 years old that shows many well maintained and updated specialized facilities. The large hangars and other bldgs leave me to believe this may be a Very important part of the North American missile defence shield with very high capabilities.

pg.photos.yahoo.com...

So given todays NK and China missile threats is it safe to assume this installation is very much active and buzzing?

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
pg.photos.yahoo.com...

In the pic above I cant tell if these are ABM silo's or ? Any of you knowledgeable folks want to chime in on this? Quite a distance for a US soverign base and easily overlooked. The above post's articles was a 2000 story and judging by the images has gone and finished and is operating.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
cool pictures, i was using google and looking through alaska, with the help of aeronautical maps. But i was curious as to where the base is that holds the new f-22 raptors.

I also think i found a base with a satellite dish, but zooming in, didnt really help because of the quality. But it kind of looked like one, on the aeronautical maps it had"base name RCO", does that mean reconasince?(mind the spelling).

new topics

join