It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Police Force for a New Country

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:
df1

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zappafan1
There are those of us who have been there, done that, and have seen first hand what things are like.

Well pin on a medal and salute the flag, but this gives you no credibility even if we were to assume it is all true. But as things stand your just another annonymous poster. Try impressing us with sound information, logic and clear thinking. Your posting an article from a organization which admits to spreading misinformation just doesnt pass my idiot test.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Perspective is important here. Freedom is a foreign concept to most Iraqis, just as is law enforcement as we know it in the states. It takes time. When you think about the recruit lines, the bombings there, and how many more people step up to take the place of the dead, it has to mean something. Take away the religious strife, which isn't our doing, and Baghdad would be safer than DC is this month.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1
Well pin on a medal and salute the flag, but this gives you no credibility even if we were to assume it is all true. But as things stand your just another annonymous poster. Try impressing us with sound information, logic and clear thinking. Your posting an article from a organization which admits to spreading misinformation just doesnt pass my idiot test.

What else do you apply this standard to on ATS? You realize that people talk about ufo's here?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
EXACTLY Hogtie,

I would give you the cuppie doll if I could, because you hit the nail on the head.

Semper

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
And I would take it, gladly. Because I love dolls.

[edit on 14-7-2006 by hogtie]

df1

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hogtie
What else do you apply this standard to on ATS? You realize that people talk about ufo's here?

ATSNN is suppose to have more standards than the rest of ATS as I understand it. And, correct me if Im wrong, but to my knowledge no source other than the US military has admitted to intentionally spreading misinformation.

Please feel free to point out any other admitted liars and I will apply the same standard.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1

ATSNN is suppose to have more standards than the rest of ATS as I understand it. And, correct me if Im wrong, but to my knowledge no source other than the US military has admitted to intentionally spreading misinformation.

Please feel free to point out any other admitted liars and I will apply the same standard.

The key word there is "admitted". Unfortunately there is already a post going on about NYTimes. There are all kinds of news sources intentionally spreading disinformation. The difference is, the military admits to using strategy. I wonder if George Soros has any pull with the media. Maybe Ted Turner? Hmmm...

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Semper thanks for pointing out that there is a great deal of good coming out of Iraq. Schools, hospitals and yes even sewer lines are being built on an ongoing basis. Thanks for pointing out the positives.

Souljah, you are wrong. Police officers from all groups are being trained. Anyone who wishes to apply and meets the requirements are trained. How do I know that I'm sure you'll ask. Well, two of my co-workers just returned from Iraq training police and law enforecemnet and I asked them.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1

Originally posted by zappafan1
There are those of us who have been there, done that, and have seen first hand what things are like.

Weren't you just on another thread complainng about naming calling and rude behavior?

df1

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   

The difference is, the military admits to using strategy.

Strategy? So our once proud nation has sunk to level of calling lies and propoganda strategy. And concealing the truth about us foriegn policy from american citizens is called "national security". My problem is that government lies are not only acceptable to you, but you fervently defend the practice.

df1

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
Weren't you just on another thread complainng about naming calling and rude behavior?

Some annonymous poster wraps himself the flag claiming that he knows more than I because he wore a uniform and went to the middle east. I merely let him know that this gives him no credibility what so ever in my eyes.

I was not rude. Should I ever decide to be rude it will leave no doubt in anyones mind. Now go outside and play.

[edit on 14-7-2006 by df1]

df1

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Some annonymous poster wraps himself the flag claiming that he knows more than I because he wore a uniform and went to the middle east. I merely let him know that this gives him no credibility what so ever in my eyes.

I was not rude. Should I ever decide to be rude it will leave no doubt in anyones mind.
Now go outside and play.
mildly rude

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'm sure that these american policemen did their best to warp the minds of this "New police force".

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1

I was not rude. Should I ever decide to be rude it will leave no doubt in anyones mind.
Now go outside and play.
mildly rude

In "YOUR" eyes perhaps.

However in the eyes of the rest of the intellectual society, it is al the difference in the world. You, however, having no experience other than sitting there in front of your computer, complaining while others go out and DO something would/could never understand.

You are apparently pretty good at attempting the high jack of threads, though.

Semper

df1

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
In "YOUR" eyes perhaps.

However in the eyes of the rest of the intellectual society, it is al the difference in the world.

Who died to and made you spokesperson for the intellectual society?

You, however, having no experience other than sitting there in front of your computer, complaining while others go out and DO something would/could never understand.

Are you a psychic or something? If so dont quit your day job.

You are apparently pretty good at attempting the high jack of threads, though.

Oh brother, the serial hijacker is trying to rove me by accusing me of his own crime...

The fact remains that you started a thread based on an article by admitted liars. It doesnt matter if you served in every battle since world war II and it doesnt matter if you run the flag up the pole everyday at dawn & dusk. Your source is still a group of admitted liars and yet you still believe. Its important that everyone know about your source, otherwise they might actually believe this propoganda.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1

Now go outside and play.
mildly rude

Oh no darling not even close to rude where I work daily. If Semper is telling us things he knows or she as the case may be by personnal experience I really don't see the point of calling him/her a liar especially since were you to talk to returning vets you would in fact hear much the same thing. Try it you might just fine it interesting. Now, you go out and play only this time play nice.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Semper once again thanks for trying to speak sense. I appreciate what you have done and continue to do. It is unfortunate that there will always be people who refuse to see or acknowlege to positives in this world. Negative people and actions will always exsist and it is up to all of us to seek out the positive aspects all around the world.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I started the thread df1, how can I high jack it?

Now back to the issues and away from the off topic commentary.

Courtesy of : Globalsecurity.org

Many Iraqi Police Service (IPS) officers and Facility Protection Service (FPS) officers were honored by commanders of the 1st Armored Division and a representative of the Ministry of the Interior 29-30 October 2003 at the Iraqi Forum. 124 awardees were honored during the IPS ceremony, including 24 medals for valor and 79 medals for sacrifice. Twenty-one medals for sacrifice were awarded posthumously to IPS family members. The FPS award ceremony, held in the same place, but on the following day, recognized 24 awardees for valor and 21 for sacrifice. The awards given out were golden medals, each emblazoned with an imprinted map of the country of Iraq, with Arabic script reading, "It is an honor to serve country,"

FORWARD OPERATING BASE DANGER, TIKRIT, Iraq – For some police cadets who graduated from Iraqi Police Services Cohort Training here recently, becoming an Iraqi police officer is an eyes wide-open, life-or-death commitment to the defense of Iraq.

“Here they taught us to defend ourselves first,” Salman said. “I think maybe we should defend the people first.”

“I want to protect my family,” Subar said. “The family unit is important to this nation. By defending it, I am defending all of Iraq.”

Courtesy of :
www.42id.army.mil...

Their dedication to persevere within the framework of a country devastated by a ruthless dictator, is nothing short of inspiring.

Semper

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by df1

The difference is, the military admits to using strategy.

Strategy? So our once proud nation has sunk to level of calling lies and propoganda strategy. And concealing the truth about us foriegn policy from american citizens is called "national security". My problem is that government lies are not only acceptable to you, but you fervently defend the practice.

I defend the practice of using disinformation to befuddle our enemies. Apparently it has befuddled you somewhat. Very interesting...

Part of the reason "national security" is important is because certain people would information it to harm our troops.

Reuters and BBC have a policy of refusing to call Palestinians who kill women and children "terrorists", so if you are looking for propiganda, why not give them a good look as well.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   

So our once proud nation has sunk to level of calling lies and propoganda strategy.

REPLY:
Noun; Propaganda
def: Information that is spread for the purpose of promoting some cause.

Propaganda can be the truth or misinformation, and something this nation, and most every other nation, has been using for centuries.

"....this gives you no credibility even if we were to assume it is all true.

REPLY: Assumptions aside, if anyone provides things that are in fact true, the attribution of credibility is a given.

From Hogtie:

Unfortunately there is already a post going on about NYTimes.

REPLY: You are sooooo right on about Ted Turner. For what it's worth, I believe I'm the one who presented the historical facts about the New York Times. Why is it an "unfortunate" thread?
[link] www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 15-7-2006 by zappafan1]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join