It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Police Force for a New Country

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Thank you for that, Souljah

All seems to be going well.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Who said that everything is going well? I believe you’re afraid to even acknowledge that there might be something that's not going bad. If you only want to heare one side of the reporting so that your pre conformed views can be re affirmed then that’s unfortunate.

[edit on 10-7-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Who said that everything is going well? I believe you’re afraid to even acknowledge that there might be something that's not going bad. If you only want to here one side of the reporting so that you're pre conformed views can be re affirmed then that’s unfortunate.

What GOOD exactly is happening, if you can point that out?

I am just reflecting the Events in Iraq happening Today - and they are far, Far, FAR away from anything GOOD.

Checked your News lately?

And I do not mean "A New Police Force for a New Century", because I have just showed you what the Corrupt Shia Police force is already doing and what the Shia Militias are doing in Iraq.

Wake up and Smell the Coffee man!

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Again, it bears repeating for those that keep posting the bad news here.

If all you look for is the bad, you will find all you look for.

What souljah posted looks a lot like Mexico, yet there are those that want them to have free access to our borders.

I can give you HUNDREDS of news printings with murder, rape, beatings, stabbings and worse. I can show you starvation, floods, poverty and more. And all of this within the United States. Not just Iraq.

So what is your points?

This was a moment in time for a formerly brutally oppressed people, that found themselves being killed off by the thousands without the where with all to fight back; that now, just now has some good happening in their lives.
Just now they find that they have brand new shiny hospitals to go when injured or sick. They have wonderful new chalkboards in classrooms in brand new schools to send their children too. Electricity for a few hours each day; in homes that never had electricity before.

A starving man can find much joy in a dirty saltine cracker.

Please don't take from them their moment of joy. Even if you don't think it will last or it seems insignificant to you with all of our western wealth and luxuries, it is their moment in the sun, not ours.

Our pride is in watching them grow as a free people.

Semper

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Souljah of course you are, but you cannot tell me that no progress is being made in Iraq. I mean wow a new reformed country with its first all volunteer police force might be having problems? We have corruption here in the US let alone in Iraq, point is they are doing something even if it might not be perfect, that’s what you and others keep missing.

[edit on 10-7-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Again, it bears repeating for those that keep posting the bad news here.

Not Bad News - Just NEWS out of a Warzone.

If all you look for is the bad, you will find all you look for.

I ain't looking for Bad - this is the REALITY my Friend.

What souljah posted looks a lot like Mexico, yet there are those that want them to have free access to our borders.

Alot like Mexico?

How many People have died past week in Mexico?

Is there Secretarian Violence in Mexico?

Is there a Civil War in Meixco?

How many IED's go off in Mexico?

How many car-bombs explode in Mexico?

How many US troops are there in Mexico?

I can give you HUNDREDS of news printings with murder, rape, beatings, stabbings and worse. I can show you starvation, floods, poverty and more. And all of this within the United States. Not just Iraq.

Err, are you saying that the POLICE in United States is also involved in Kidnapings, Torture, Rape of Female Priosnes, Assassinations, Bomb Attacks?

That article was about CORRUPTION in the Iraqi - Mostly SHIA - Police Force.

So what is your points?

Read my Post again.

This was a moment in time for a formerly brutally oppressed people, that found themselves being killed off by the thousands without the where with all to fight back; that now, just now has some good happening in their lives.

Oh how caring of you that you remember how this People have been brutally opressed by a "Dictator", who was installed by the CIA, repeatedly supported by many US Goverments to fight THIER war against Iran. What people are you talking about exactly? The Shia? The Kurds? Because if you did not notice, Iraq is carved up in 3 separate religious/ethnic groups - thanks to the US "Liberation". And also engulfed in a Civil War.

Just now they find that they have brand new shiny hospitals to go when injured or sick.

They have BRAND NEW SHINY HOPITALS?

WHERE?

Inna Da Green Zone?

U.S. Gives Iraqi Hospitals Broken Promises in Place of Medicine
Iraqi Hospitals Remain Bleak Without US Aid
Iraqi Hospitals on Life Support

Dying of Neglect: The State of Iraq's Children's Hospitals

In Iraq's hospitals, children are dying because of shockingly poor sanitation and a shortage of medical equipment. In Baghdad's premier children's hospital, Al-Iskan, sewage drips from the roof of the premature babies' ward, leaking from waste pipes above.

In the leukemia ward, the lavatories overflow at times, spreading filthy water across the floor that carries potentially lethal infection.

Rubbish is piled on the stairs and in the corridors: old broken bits of machinery, discarded toilet cisterns, babies' cots filled with mountains of unwanted paperwork. The fire escape is blocked with discarded razor wire.

Nearby lie blankets still black with the blood of Iraqi soldiers wounded during the war - for months, they must have been fetid breeding grounds for disease.

You are indeed a Walking Talking Pentagon Propaganda Machine.

I hope they throw some dollars at you for posting such things here.

Please don't take from them their moment of joy. Even if you don't think it will last or it seems insignificant to you with all of our western wealth and luxuries, it is their moment in the sun, not ours.

What Moment of JOY?

I think that People of Iraq have Forgotten the Meaning of that Word.

Or have you forgotten how US soldiers Rape and Massacre Iraqi Civilans?

Well if they don't get them, I am sure that some Corrupt Iraqi Cop will or a crazed Shia Militia.

Our pride is in watching them grow as a free people.

If you are Proud on what is happening in Iraq today, well... No comment actually...

[edit on 10/7/06 by Souljah]

df1

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The military have already told us that their disclosures will contain misinformation, so how can we consider the source article on which this thread is based as being anything other than military propoganda.

www.middle-east-online.com
To their credit, top US Pentagon officials cautioned journalists and the public, since the Iraq war’s early days, that the dissemination of misinformation would be a vital weapon in their war strategy. Needless to say, they have certainly held true to their word, notes Ramzy Baroud.

The military use a a softer term than propoganda, they call it Perception Management and they claim to only use it on foreigners. However with todays global media and the internet only a fool would believe this propoganda does not influence the american public.

A Leaked memo from the us ambassador in iraq to the secretary of state tells a vastly different story from the military version. The accuracy of the memo has much more credibility because it tells the unvarnished truth in what the ambassador believed to be a private communication to a superior.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
can't all the countries just get along and have peace?

(mod edit to remove huge and unnecessary quote of another members post, also removed off topic content from post)

[edit on 11-7-2006 by pantha]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Man it's hard to see with all the negativity blurring my vision.

If I miss one or two, please forgive me.

Alot like Mexico?

How many People have died past week in Mexico?

More than in Iraq. It is actually safer to live in Baghdad than in NY city.

Here you go, Now this is from a site that gets it's information for your most beloved news sources. I prefer more accurate sources, but as you are hung up on the news, I'll use it.

icasualties.org...

"During period 5, from 12-15 to present, 417 Military Fatalities"
"During June 06.... 870 Iraqi security force and civilian deaths"

According to the FBI crime reporting system. In less time, actually one year 2004, the most current year of stats.
There were 1,367,009 Violent crimes in the US.
Those are Murders, Manslaughter, Non-negligent Manslaughter, Rapes, Robbery and Aggravated Assault.
www.fbi.gov...

This in our wonderful safe country.

It's safer in Iraq.

Yet because of the popularity of the slant on the war, and other peoples use of the words Massacre etc, having no idea what they are talking about, the Newspapers you all love, continue to blare out anything that is negative and all the blood and guts lovers suck it up like candy.

They have BRAND NEW SHINY HOPITALS?

Yes
www.parsons.com...
www.portaliraq.com...
www.arabicnews.com...

All of these projects are under way and many in the final stages of completion or completed.

What Moment of JOY?

I think that People of Iraq have Forgotten the Meaning of that Word.

Or have you forgotten how US soldiers Rape and Massacre Iraqi Civilans?

Well if they don't get them, I am sure that some Corrupt Iraqi Cop will or a crazed Shia Militia.

What hatred you have inside of you!!!

It is sad that you can not open your eyes to anything except the death that is going on in a war torn country. Yes there is death there, yet 100's of thousands are now not dying at the hands of a dictator.

Look at the photos and see the hope in their eyes. They deserve a chance, we are there helping them get that chance.

Semper

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

You have voted semperfortis for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Semper, thansk for trying to inject some common sense into the discussion. SOuljah's beliefs are, at best, far off from reality. He lives in a world where the US is the root of all evil, overturning dictatorships is easy and bloodless, and soldiers are simply bloodthirsty barbarians.

Don't mind him. Fight the good fight.

DE

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
semperfortis, no offence but you're taking an Apple and an Orange and trying to compare them both.

For your to be able to do this, many factors have to be taken into account. One of these is population statistics. The number of people divided by the number of victims of crime. You also then have another problem, what is a crime in the United State's might not be a crime in Iraq. Furthermore, you have the problem of official crime statistics against the actual amount of crimes that happen. To compare Iraq and the United State's, you need to be able to show evidence of every single crime committed compared to the population of both nations and I am afraid you are unable to do this.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Semper I know you want the best for those people, but lets remember one thing, its not suppose to be good over there. No one should expect things to be fine and dandy in Iraq. The place has been a warzone for some years now. The tensions of the religious war over there are on edge and it just went through a government change.

To expect anything less then murder violence and hard time would be niave. Im not saying there isn't good to be done but I think that its common sense iraq would be dangerous. It probably will be for the coming years.

Semper I want you to chew on something for me though, about the post you did above. You said that the US is more violent then iraq (or something to this extent). I would have to agree. My government is spending all this money to "protect" us from terrorist, but I see more people in my country dying then in warzone places. What does that tell me? Why should I worry about Mahamound in Iraq being blown up by a car bomb, I have to worry about the crackhouse a couple blocks from here. They are talking about "we need to make iraq safe to the iraqi people" MY government is saying that. What ever happen to "we need to make america safe for the american people". I mean I am all for people protecting themselves whenever they can, but lets face it, if your going to spend money on securing something secure our borders.

I mean look Los Angles. every 4 years in Los angeles they had enough murders to compare to 9/11. In the major cities for murder in the US you get between 400-600 murders a year. Whats the difference between a terrorist attack and the murder rate, average people still dying?

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Man it's hard to see with all the negativity blurring my vision.

I see perfectly Clearly thankyouverymuch.

More than in Iraq. It is actually safer to live in Baghdad than in NY city.

Why don't you Move there then!

According to the FBI crime reporting system. In less time, actually one year 2004, the most current year of stats.
There were 1,367,009 Violent crimes in the US.
Those are Murders, Manslaughter, Non-negligent Manslaughter, Rapes, Robbery and Aggravated Assault.
This in our wonderful safe country.
It's safer in Iraq.

Again let me Point out the fact, that these Crimes in United States are done by CRIMINALS, not by POLICE, is that correct?

Are there Milita Gangs patrolling the cities of USA?

Are there Clericks armed with Armies controlling the States?

And if Iraq is Safer the USA - again, why do not you MOVE THERE?

The World’s Most Dangerous Place
Some of the most dangerous cities in the world

Hey! Where is New York?

Yet because of the popularity of the slant on the war, and other peoples use of the words Massacre etc, having no idea what they are talking about, the Newspapers you all love, continue to blare out anything that is negative and all the blood and guts lovers suck it up like candy.

And how would you describe the Sitution in Iraq?

Excellent?

Great?

Well Done?

Mission Accomplished?

Yes
www.parsons.com...
www.portaliraq.com...
www.arabicnews.com...

All of these projects are under way and many in the final stages of completion or completed.

'Iraq was awash in cash. We played football with bricks of $100 bills'

At the beginning of the Iraq war, the UN entrusted $23bn of Iraqi money to the US-led coalition to redevelop the country. With the infrastructure of the country still in ruins, where has all that money gone? Callum Macrae and Ali Fadhil on one of the greatest financial scandals of all time.

n a dilapidated maternity and paediatric hospital in Diwaniyah, 100 miles south of Baghdad, Zahara and Abbas, premature twins just two days old, lie desperately ill. The hospital has neither the equipment nor the drugs that could save their lives. On the other side of the world, in a federal courthouse in Virginia, US, two men - one a former CIA agent and Republican candidate for Congress, the other a former army ranger - are found guilty of fraudulently obtaining $3m (£1.7m) intended for the reconstruction of Iraq. These two events have no direct link, but they are none the less products of the same thing: a financial scandal that in terms of sheer scale must rank as one of the greatest in history.

Because the Iraqi banking system was in tatters, the funds were placed in an account with the Federal Reserve in New York. From there, most of the money was flown in cash to Baghdad. Over the first 14 months of the occupation, 363 tonnes of new $100 bills were shipped in - $12bn, in cash. And that is where it all began to go wrong.

"Iraq was awash in cash - in dollar bills. Piles and piles of money," says Frank Willis, a former senior official with the governing Coalition Provisional Authority. "We played football with some of the bricks of $100 bills before delivery. It was a wild-west crazy atmosphere, the likes of which none of us had ever experienced."

The environment created by the coalition positively encouraged corruption. "American law was suspended, Iraqi law was suspended, and Iraq basically became a free fraud zone," says Alan Grayson, a Florida-based attorney who represents whistleblowers now trying to expose the corruption. "In a free fire zone you can shoot at anybody you want. In a free fraud zone you can steal anything you like. And that was what they did."

Wonderful!

Playing Football with Money belonging to People of Iraq?

Want More?

IRAQ: Corruption Plagues School Repairs
IRAQ: Corruption, Missing Millions and Two Dead Contractors
Follow the Money
Poor Planning and Corruption Hobble Reconstruction of Iraq

It is sad that you can not open your eyes to anything except the death that is going on in a war torn country. Yes there is death there, yet 100's of thousands are now not dying at the hands of a dictator.

Oh Goodie!

Now Tens of Thousands are Dying at the Hands of "Free and Democratic" Iraq under the so-called Protection of United States.

Tell me - what is Worse?

Look at the photos and see the hope in their eyes. They deserve a chance, we are there helping them get that chance.

Ofcourse they deserve a Chance and a Change - but who is going to Give them that?

Certainly not the Corrupt US or Corrupt Iraqi Goverment.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx

You have voted semperfortis for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Semper, thansk for trying to inject some common sense into the discussion. SOuljah's beliefs are, at best, far off from reality. He lives in a world where the US is the root of all evil, overturning dictatorships is easy and bloodless, and soldiers are simply bloodthirsty barbarians.

Don't mind him. Fight the good fight.

DE

DeusEx,

Your correct, a negative view combined with an absolutely closed mind. Add to that sarcasm (Why don't I move there?) and high-jacking and this is what you get. An inexperienced life.

Oh well,
Live and learn.

Semper

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Meanwhile, on with the thread.

Kurdish provinces enjoy safety, look to the future.

The Iraqi Police, Pershmerga and Iraqi Army have all worked together to secure
this region. In fact, in the cities of Irbil and Sulymaniyah there has not been an
insurgent attack in more than a year.

Karim Sinjari, the Arbel Minister of Interior along with Coalition advisors
believe two reasons for this are because the Kurds have raised the standards for
their police and the population has manifested their desire to progress as a nation.

And progress as a Nation they will with progress like this.

Arbel Minister of Interior, Karim Sinjari, U.S. Army Col. Donald Currier,
U.S. Army 1st Lt. Henderson and other advisors look at fl oor plans for a new police training academy in a meeting in Irbil April 26.

Keep going!!!!

Courtesy : www.mnstci.iraq.centcom.mil...

Semper

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
More Police Pictures from Iraq.

Police Officers from the Baghdad River Patrol cruise down the Tigris
River through Baghdad in one of their new patrol boats April 17.

They are developing a real honest to goodness high-tech force over there. More and more they come out to volunteer to protect their new Country.

Maj. Gen. Joseph Peterson, Civilian Police
Assistance Transition Team commander, salutes an
honor graduate from the Sulymania Training Center.

Met this guy once. He is a real patriot and one that truly believes he is doing a good thing.

Police Training Center graduates third class

SULYMANIA, Iraq — Sixtythree Iraqi recruits graduated from the
Sulymania Training Center and earned the right to be called police offi cers following
a morning ceremony held April 13. The training center, operated
jointly by the Iraqi Ministry of Interior and Coalition Forces, teaches the recruits police science, weapons, self-defense, drill and ceremony, and military
courtesy in a 10-week course.
~~~~~~~~~~
The Sulymania Training Center is open to all Iraqis who want to
become police offi cers and who can pass the entry requirements.
The class that graduated today is the third to successfully complete
the training this year.

Through all the negativity going on over here, they continue to move forward with their Country.
Soon EVERYONE over here will be forced to concede that we are helping with something wonderful.

Semper

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
quotes by DgTempe

f it weren't for our invasion into said land, many of those children and families who perished would be around...
Considering what Saddam was doing, that is a bit speculative.

We're repairing what we destroyed. As well we should. And may i ad we're a little late?

REPLY: Yes, we never should have agreed to the cease fire the UN called for. Actually, we intentionally did everything to miss as much infrastructure as possible. Many things, like the water and sewer systems (two of the most important things) had been neglected for over 20 years.

How about the fact that through the sanctions, which Russia, China, Germany and france among others wanted to continue, in 10 years 500,000 children died as a direct result of those actions?

REPLY............ as a direct result of Saddam refusing to comply with the resolutions. So, ultimately, who's fault is it?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
quote by df1

The military have already told us that their disclosures will contain misinformation, so how can we consider the source article on which this thread is based as being anything other than military propoganda.

REPLY: There are those of us who have been there, done that, and have seen first hand what things are like.

No media bies towards "bad news only"?
I recall a small town outside of Bagdad, and there was/is a small (20 foot) steel ferris wheel, the motor for which was burned up (since replaced). Some soldiers turned that wheel by hand for hours so the kids could have some fun.

CNN and other reporters were right in the area. I asked them why they weren't taking pictures. Their response? "It's not my job."

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
zappafan1

Check this out, I think you may enjoy it.

Semper

politics.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'm afraid that if the US ever has to go to a real war that most of its young people do not have the stomach to fight for their own survival let alone their country. It truly is sad.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join