It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Damn Government".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his
government." -Edward Abbey

"Giving money and power to the government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
- PJ O'Rourke

Sonya "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." -Aesop

"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." -Barry Goldwater

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Hey one of those is my sig!

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 12:30 AM
link   
All excellent quotes.

Yes being a patriot in future will be a dangerous job indeed.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
There are always going to be people who will brave the danger & also not be afraid of being labeled as "terrorist" because they *know* what true patriotism is...And true patriotism is *not* blindly following the government lock-step into oblivion.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
i wouldnt blame the government, if you want to blame someone blame those RUNNING the government. the government is just the machine that implements THEIR policies, it does not come up with this crap on its own.
much like a gun when wielded by the wrong person bad thigns happen.

this thread should be called "the damn politicians" instead.

i notice how many people want to put the focus on government, not those who run it. simple yet highly effective diversionary tactic they use on us...and i see people fall for it again.

pay attention to the quotes and find some for yourself. you'll see a common connection, a pattern if you will. they mention government, not those who run it.

so lets reword a quote or two and see if they dont make a little more sense.

"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his
government." -Edward Abbey

now....

"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against the politicians who lie to him." -Edward Abbey

woah! takes on a whole new meaning doesnt it? of course we could put in "the politicians who act in their own best interest" or "the politicians who lie cheat and steal from him." or....well you get the idea.

here's another one.....

"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." -Barry Goldwater

now....

"Politicians that make a government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." -Barry Goldwater

puts things into perspective doesnt it? after all dont the politicians run the government? dont they make the policies? dont they make the laws and regulations? the government is neutral in all of this, it is just like a computer, doing whatever it is programmed to do, help the people or screw them over.

down with the politicians!

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Perhaps the thread should be called Damn policitians but the damn politicans have infested every part of government by making execuative apointees.

These people inflict their policies in many different government department and if someone raises and eye than they get the supreme court to wink for em.

Its very bad and I dont think too many people understand just how bad the problem is.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
i wouldnt blame the government, if you want to blame someone blame those RUNNING the government.

I blame the government for buckling under to those who sought to take over the government in the first place! It's The People who should be running the government but they've sold out themselves & the entire Nation to support their own greedy interests rather than sticking to the original guidelines (Constitution).

However, if you want to break the true control groups, you have to break the banks...Literally! It's the international banks that control the Federal Reserve & all of the financing for the government & the corporations (& the private citizens!)...And they're doing it with a currency that has no more value than Corporate Scrip (Do a "Google" on that term)! With the Bush Administration, the country has become more of an Incorporated States of America than anything else; But then, who finances the corps?...We come back to the banks again...

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Banks do some good things. People put the money in the bank. Its safe %90 of the time.

The real power base for special intrest groups is corporate America.

Theres alot of companies grabing money, like Disney, Enron, Walmart. Some of these big companies are still stable. Alot of them are going under. We saw alot of old companies like Motngomery Ward just go go go.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 12:49 AM
link   
sheet i hate putting my hardearned cash in the bank cos you never know if the bank we wil be robbed or the computer system will screw up

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Get some gold or silver coins and put that in a sock somewhere.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Yes being a patriot in future will be a dangerous job indeed.

What are you talking about in the future?!
The future is now, and it has always been dangerous being a Patriot. Thats why I chose my, signature/s.

Originally posted by drunk
sheet i hate putting my hardearned cash in the bank cos you never know if the bank we wil be robbed or the computer system will screw up

That is what bank, "quotes" and reciepts are for. Put those in secure little containers, prefurably fireproof ones. And have spare keys in a couple different reliable locations.

, on this thread by the way.

[Edited on 29-10-2003 by ADVISOR]

top topics

join