It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens do not Exist!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wu kung
A few years back, a scientist (his name escapes me) wanted to put a theory to test;
he compared aliens to lobsters (just bear with me here...);

This scientist (or philosopher, mathamatician, or whatever) set his table for a lobster feast (minus the actual lobster),
he then opened the front door to his house and proceeded to sit at his dinner table, waiting for a lobster to walk in and set itself on his table,
he waited,
and waited,
and waited,
no lobster showed up...
"strange" he thought to himself,
"in this big world (using the world as a theoretical model of the universe) there should be lobsters, but since not a single one has come to my house and presented itself to me, there must be no such things as lobsters" [of course, I'm paraphrasing here]

This analogy is flawed on so many levels that if i have to explain them to you, you have no business in an adult conversation.
No offence to you 'Wu' as i'm in no doubt you are aware of the innaccuracies of it, however its a might odd you would suggest it as plausible argument for the existence of 'Aliens'.
just a quick eg though, Lobsters are a verifiable life form. You can see them, study them even eat them if that is your pleasure. Any test you can think of to prove their existence you would be 100% able to pass.
ET's however, that is different. Yes, I do believe they exists, but if some asked me to prove it, i could not give definitive proof....no one can(cause if they could, we wouldn't be here

Originally posted by wu kung
(having seen this, I actually thought it rather clever)

So I guess, just because an alien doesn't come right down, knock on your door and ask you out, one might not want to entirely dismiss that there just might be something else out there.

It does, however, sadden me that something like this made you think it clever.
'Tis a sad day when something so erred and without logic in the analogious attempt it appears to try to make, could make someone who has shown considerable intelligence on other threads, use this as a means to make a point that is cheapened by a ludicrous statement made by a 'scientist'.

Maybe Aliens wouldn't come walking up to the door and knock and wait for an answer, but then maybe they have and the people that answered the door, kept it a secret Luncheon.....this is speculation of course...though if this happened, whats the chances they ate Lobster?

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
In all of the universe, you think there are no other forms of life that are similiar to us ? You think your special...dont ya

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced
In all of the universe, you think there are no other forms of life that are similiar to us ? You think your special...dont ya

you dont think humans are special? sure we could be a virus, but a pretty special one. I wont say we are intelligent life but we are concious, and that means a lot to me. we fought our way through evollution and then thought we might as well write peoms too, cause ruling the food chain was too easy for us. If you believe that we are being visited and for a long time now, then you have to wonder why this alein visitor (being so advanced) hasn't tried to take us over or invade forcefully in any way. so either we are ants not to be bothered with, or no one wants to mess with us cause we made a history of war and violence, all you have to do is turn on the t.v. either way you should have more faith in your self and your capabilities, and start thinking like the champion species that you belong to.

ya thats right you alien punks, WE are the champions, not you bald big eyed peepin toms that cant fight. anyone hear of an ET takin a swing?

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Life probably exists elsewhere but at this moment we have no proof of that. So for all we know Earth is the only place with life.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CidCaldensfey
Life probably exists elsewhere but at this moment we have no proof of that. So for all we know Earth is the only place with life.

Maybe that's true, but we can speculate to our heart's content.

It does make for interesting reading.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Sorry if any of this has been mentioned because I skimmed through the previous posts rather quickly. First off, there are UFO organizations that except sighting reports. Thousands come in each year. Of them, it is estimated that only 10 percent of all sightings actually get reported. Some sighting are proven haoxes, other still to this day remain "unexplained". Also, most of the sightings are very similar. They all say they see saucers either circular or cigar shaped move at unnatural speeds without making any noise. It's even harder to believe that all have "logicle" explanations when you have observation experts report sightings....or airplane pilots.

As for where they are from, who knows? Maybe they're from another galaxy. Maybe they're from Mars. No human has ever set foot on Mars so it's ignorant to dismiss the possibility. Remember, Mars is a planet and snapping a few pics though probes doesn't give that much information. There are still many parts of Mars that have not been seen through probes.

Then you might ask "If ET life forms have visited us, what do they want? And what's up with the so called abductions"? Well, that's simple. They most likely have a very different sence of logic from us. What we think of logic might be nonsence to them and vice versa.

Before stating that something is or isn't true/real, research should be done and consideration to both possibilities should be made. I personally would reccomend reading some books by UFO experts. Here's are two excellent ones:

Open Skies, Closed Minds

Scientific Ufology

[edit on 707/14/0606 by Acekwak]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
no offense but theirs obvious proof that aliens exist what about roswell or those egyptian hieroglyphs which show what looks like one of those Grey aliens or the pyramids on mars or even the incans(i fink) who beleive in a reptillian god that come from the supposed heavens to teach them how to build so these cant all be a coincidence and if ther wasnt aliens why does the governement try to make up excuses eveytime ufos are mentioned and why do people get shot when they set close near to area 51 so if u dont beleive in aliens ure very unamaginative n need to open up your eyes to the troof

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Erm, Quite a few things I could say here but I wont as I dont think alot of people would appreciate it.

Ok you haven't ever seen a UFO or an ET, So what? I bet 95% of the people on this forum haven't but alot still believe that they are visiting and/or are out there, I believe they have been visiting but have no proof.

You have no proof that they havent been visiting or they dont exsist, I have no proof that they have been visiting and they do exsist, Which I have said a few times in other posts.

The Extra Terrestrial subject is an intresting thing because there is no evidence to support either way, So until/if governments officially admit they exsist or have been visiting then it is entirely based on peoples beliefs.

There are so many cases of sightings of the craft, But not of the beings themselves. The only time beings are reported in a believable way is when there has been a downed saucer and bodies are recovered, found or seen by civilians and actually military and scientists.

So you can believe what you want, People will put the evidence on the table for you to judge but do not say in a definate manner that they dont exsist or havent been visiting. I am not saying for sure they do but I am pretty confident (Thats my opinion).

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Couple of quick things:

1) About the video. Fairly intriuging, especially the "High-Speed Turn Sequence."Although if you look closely, it appears the camera is moving. (Watch the surface of the earth. The turn coincides with the camera movement.)

The Darpa stone looking things piqued my interest the most. IMO, the majority of the objects being shown though are satellites. (Just check out the J-Track page at Nasa.) There's ALOT of satellites at various orbits that could easily account for the most of the stuff seen. The rest well....

2) Do I believe in UFO's and Aliens? Yes. When I was about 10, my Dad and I were driving between Riverside and Hemet California and we (and many, many other motorists) saw what appeared to be a "silver cigar shaped" object materialize off to the side of the freeway. It kind of had a pulsing to it. It stayed stationary for about two minutes and then went straight up into the sky at an extremely high velocity and disappeared. I looked at my dad like "what was that?!?" and he had the facial expression like he's just seen a ghost. A few minutes later there was a news break on the AM radio saying that people were reporting seeing a UFO in the area we were traveling.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Gosh, why am I, a true believer, writing comments that make me appear to be a skeptic. More importantly, why are some people just writing nonsense, not thinking before they post.

Originally posted by mr cryptoman
no offense but theirs obvious proof that aliens exist what about roswell

Obvious Proof?
As much as a belief of what happened at Roswell is an ET-Related UFO Cover-Up, there has been a really convincing explanation of the events that has come out recently.
The story is so good, that even I have had the occasional doubt and I believe more than most(for some private reasons) in Aliens. Do i blame or cast aspersions on people who have chosen to believe this really good story, no. But then i have no 'Obvious Proof' to defend what I believe happened tere.

or those egyptian hieroglyphs which show what looks like one of those Grey aliens or the pyramids on mars

Again, this is by no means 'Obvious Proof'
For a Start, your Pyramids on Mars....who do you know thats been in them?
We have seen some pictures that look like they could be, yes COULD BE, something, but we really have no clue what they are. This does not mean they are Pyramids.
The Heiroglyphs too, not exactly solid evidence at the existence of Extra Terrestrials.
So far, you have taken some very random things that can be explained satisfactorily as something else and tried to present them as evidence.

or even the incans(i fink) who beleive in a reptillian god that come from the supposed heavens to teach them how to build so these cant all be a coincidence and if ther wasnt aliens why does the governement try to make up excuses eveytime ufos are mentioned and why do people get shot when they set close near to area 51 so if u dont beleive in aliens ure very unamaginative n need to open up your eyes to the troof

You aren't even using things that are obviously connected so you are correct they can't be a coincidence, because there is nothing connecting them really.
A Skeptic or Disbeliever would see your evidence as laughable at best.

Your Area 51 comments are of a comical nature too.
Excuse made by the Gov't about UFO's doesn't mean they are Extra Terrestrial, infact i believe, in most cases(not all) that UFO's are man made, they are secret aircraft designed by the Military for covert reasons. They have no need to broadcast this, and infact telling the world before they are ready is a risk to national security, same reason for shooting on sight at installations such as A51.
Personally, you claim people that don't believe in Aliens are unimaginative, well I charge you with that same thing if this is the best argument you can come up with on a site like this.

Like i said, i'm a true believer, I just hate to see a poorly executed argument as that doesn't help convert people to the truth, on the contrary it makes the truth harder to get out.

[edit on 14/7/2006 by JebusSaves]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
ah well i could put up a better argument my freind but the noobs wouldnt know what i was going on about theirs too many non beleivers these days and i dont know why just why do most people think humans are really special its stupid your right theirs no obvious proof that theirs aliens and theirs no proof to say that their not real were all gunna have to wait till they make contact with us or we make contact with us or if the governement reveals what they know well just have to wait........

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
i too beleive that most ufos are manmade and that theirs also secret weapons in area 51 but i also beleive in roswell mock me if u wish but i beleive the government knows more then their letting on just sayin

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   

i too beleive that most ufos are manmade and that theirs also secret weapons in area 51 but i also beleive in roswell mock me if u wish but i beleive the government knows more then their letting on just sayin

Well that can be anything, suppose UFO's are manmade, then there is nothing to hide from the public, as i often the heard the excuse of humanity "Not being ready for an out-of-world" contact, ask yourself, if aliens dont exists, i asume the situation to reveal these technologies is perfectly safe.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by Mammoth]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well when I was about 10 years younger I used to really believe that aliens are visiting earth because of all the convincing shows about it, and all the pictures of ufo's I've seen and because so many people have stories of being abducted by aliens but now I'm just not sure if any of it's true since most of the pics of ufo's are too blurry, and give me suspision that they are fake. Among other reasons such as why would they travel all the way here just to make crop circles, mutate cattle, and abduct people. I know we have no idea what there reasons are and for all we know abducting people and mutating cattle could be very benificial and prophitable to them. We also know the government was test flying ufo's that were manmade at the same time the first pictures of them amurged though but that doesn't explain why there's ufo's in ancient hierglyphs and the biblical story of many flying hats flying over a chinese empire in ancient times or the true documentaries of people whove seen glowing sausers in the sky. There is also many more cases of bizzare events happening in the sky such as all the nasa footage of ufo's. I don't know but it's looking like all the non %100 evidence that aliens are indeed visiting us tell us they most likely really are. Alright after saying all that I must start believing that aliens really are visiting us again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join