It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens do not Exist!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
how ironic it is that without any substantial proof, physical evidence nor scientific facts.. one choose to believe in its existence. whereas in the questions of whether god exist or not.. we tend to have different views and beliefs that contradict the reason that are given to say that ET really is out there..

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Great Video Link Eagle......I have not seen that one before.

I've said it once and I'll say it again.......

In our galaxy (milkyway) alone there are over ~400 billion stars, in the known universe the are esitmated 50,000 billion billion (that's right...billion billion).

What is the total number of galaxies in the universe? Sagan assumed 100 billion. Is that still valid? Recently the Hubble Space Telescope (HST) surveyed, to the faintest levels yet detected, a small area of sky. Extrapolating from the number of galaxies detected by HST to that expected over the whole sky, I calculate 130 billion galaxies, slightly larger than Sagans estimate. Then the number of stars in the universe is 400 billion x 130 billion, or about 50,000 billion billion. A billion billion. That's 1,000,000,000,000,000,000. So, grasp the concept of a billion billion, then think of 50 thousand of those. Easy!

astronomy.swin.edu.au...

To think we are the only ones is pathetic and maybe because 'we' seem to think we're so special to be the only creations in the universe is the reason why no one else will visit us......

Either that or our planet is a side-show-attraction.....a galatic zoo......I wonder how much they charge and if their customers are satisfied?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Aliens get a kick out of watching human behaviour, like watching the movie "Mad Max".......
We are probabily useful only as a fuel source, like the movie "The Matrix".........
. Don't think we make very good slaves.....

It would be too boring to find a universe empty of life or intelligent life except for us, human beings. So bored that we may create/seed life on other planets which will probabliy make us God then....no?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ixiy
Aliens get a kick out of watching human behaviour, like watching the movie "Mad Max".......
We are probabily useful only as a fuel source, like the movie "The Matrix".........
. Don't think we make very good slaves.....

It would be too boring to find a universe empty of life or intelligent life except for us, human beings. So bored that we may create/seed life on other planets which will probabliy make us God then....no?

Thats the way I see it. It could be two different sides at war, both seeding the universe to add to their empire. Both of which probably try to steal eachothers planets (creations). Thats really the only explanation I can come up with to explain why, if there were aliens, why they havn't conquered us yet. They want us in their empire.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
As i am used to say, the best proof you got that aliens exist...is our precense in this planet!!, statistics proof that if life exist here, it must be eslewhere also.
universe is too big...

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Our technological intellgence is evolved at an almost impossible rate when compared to the other more ancient species that survived on this planet. (considering the short time mankind came about on this planet when compare to them).

Every thing in nature is more or less balanced, prey and predator relationships evolve to counter one another.

Nature does not create/evolve a species that outstrips all others species in terms of technological intelligent evolution in such a short time. Mankind is the only species on this planet that seems to have broken mother natures rules/balance.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
ixiy......

Nature does not create/evolve a species that outstrips all others species in terms of technological intelligent evolution in such a short time. Mankind is the only species on this planet that seems to have broken mother natures rules/balance.

Your point is moot......since there is no other 'intelligent life' or 'organism' to compare it to.

[edit on 12-7-2006 by ferretman2]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
ixiy......

Your point is moot......since there is no other 'intelligent life' or 'organism' to compare it to.

ixiy is on to something. like the movie Titan A.E the villain and danger to humans is an intelligent form of pure energy. If energy was a life form, humans would be it's worst enemy. we do nothing for the ecosystem, except burn energy, collect it and burn it, and for what? that also got me thinking about the video that was posted and how matter could not hold together at the speeds that these objects were taking turns at, it would have to be made of pure energy with no solid matter to be bound to. plus when nasa was doing the tether experiment (using ions from the ionasphere to collect energy) these objects swarmed the tether until it took too much charge and snaped. Maybe these objects were not impressed by our lack of energy conservation

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
In all honesty, To say there isnt other life in the universe is to be truely Ignorant! and also Arrogant! Now whether or not they have visited us, I highly doubt it. Distances are just to vast, to just abduct one person and go home..........

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
With all the billions of people on this planet, and all these different types of aliens hovering all around us, wouldn't someone have come up with some sort of real solid proof? I don't mean websites on the internet, or fuzzy pictures, or alleged interviews, I mean good, honest, solid proof that says yes, aliens are real.

By the way, when somebody says UFO, how many assume that it is an alien spacecraft? UFO means Unidentified Flying Object, which means it could be anything that has not been identified.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
We thought we were at the centre of the Universe, that was proving wrong....

How long until we know were not alone?

The whispers are building...

It's ignorant of man to think we are the only lifeforms in the universe. A universe which we pretty much no nothing about!

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
We will know we are not alone when a spaceship lands somewhere on this planet, an alien steps out and says, Greetings, Earthlings, we are from the planet .... (whatever it might be).

Until that happens, everything that's written, everything on the internet, is specualtion.

And by the way, I do believe there is life on other worlds, but they are not next door, as it were, they are a lot further away than that.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thekherham
We will know we are not alone when a spaceship lands somewhere on this planet, an alien steps out and says, Greetings, Earthlings, we are from the planet .... (whatever it might be).

Until that happens, everything that's written, everything on the internet, is specualtion.

And by the way, I do believe there is life on other worlds, but they are not next door, as it were, they are a lot further away than that.

Objectively on a global stage you are correct, however on a more personal spiritual level many believe to have had/be in regular contact with ET.

Its only speculation if you apply human rationale to it. It's obvious that ET is of a superior spiritual level to us (we are relatively primitive) however a miniority are unlocking themselves.

For me ET has been proven, society and the 'general public' has yet to embrace it though...

Society is told what is real and what isnt...

[edit on 12-7-2006 by kolo_heights]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
ixiy......

Actually that is the point, why aren't there any other technologically intelligent lifeforms on this planet that will challenge and futher evolve our human intelligence. Where is the predator and prey relationship when it come to man?Why are we the only ones on this planet with this special evolution trait?

Most other species on this planet face the same problem that ancient man faced, weather change, food, enemies, sex etc. Yet mankind is the only one that developed such intelligence and in such a short time while most of the other older species does not even come close.

We are like a virus that has evolved too rapidly for any other animal/plant life to develop or evolve any kind of counter, except that we are a complex organism and not a simple organism like a virus, which makes this even more complex and unusual.

Our species seems to have been tempered with, genetically or through outside influence. The "Star Gods" in most ancient human civilzations maybe responsible.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Statistically, even we don't exist. Douglas Adams put it best in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

To paraphrase:

Average population of the universe: 0

This was determined by taking the total number of planets in an infinite universe - infinite numbers of planets. Then determining that life did not exist on all of those planets, and any number that is less than infinity, must be finite. To find the percentage, one would have to divide infinity by a finite number, and the result is always as close to zero as one can get. Thus, the percentage of life in the universe is 0%

Before anyone flames me for this, remember, it's from a satirical book - a humorous book. A work of fiction.

Although, I do think this argument holds about the same amount of water as does simply stating, as fact, that aliens don't exist.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well how about this!!

The universe is not infinite, seriously how can anything be infinite!?! The problem is though it's just as much a mind bogling question as how can it not since universe means "everything" Although if the universe is indeed infinite it doesn't mean the universe is filled with an infinite number of galaxies, planets and such, the steller part of the universe to be exact. Logically it's impossible that the universe is interstellerly infinite. Don't get me wrong though since I still believe there is lots of other life out there including intellegent and highly advanced space faring species since there are over 100 billion galaxies.

Also that hitchhikers guide to the galaxy is not so scientific like many people ironically believe. For example why would they say the universe is infinite when at the end people are traveling to a restaurant at the edge of the universe!?! Seriously that movie was all over the place with ludicrousness! Anyways I'm new here (just registered today) and that was just my 2 cents I needed to say in this thread.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Umm... the Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy is a humourous book, not based on any scientific fact and, like the bible, is entirely fictional.

In fact, when I get unwanted religious callers at my door I ask them to wait a second, go get my copy of Hitchikers and ask them if they've read it because its much more fun than the book they're quoting at me

But I digress.

The building blocks for life as we know it are, basically, carbon and water. Its been proved from our own observations on earth that life formed in this way is very resilient and survives extremes of temperature and pressure.

The universe is full of carbon, and theres an awful lot of water knocking about.

In a universe that is so large its beyond human comprehension in real terms, the conditions that developed life on this planet are almost certain to be duplicated at soem point.

And thats just life as we know it.

What about silicon life? What about life based on an element that may not be abundant in our part of the galaxy.

Humanity falls into traps all the time expecting alien life to be like us. Aliens may not even be recognisable to us. Look up the definition of the word

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElimakuAlso that hitchhikers guide to the galaxy is not so scientific like many people ironically believe. For example why would they say the universe is infinite when at the end people are traveling to a restaurant at the edge of the universe!?! Seriously that movie was all over the place with ludicrousness! Anyways I'm new here (just registered today) and that was just my 2 cents I needed to say in this thread.

First and foremost, it's a work of fiction. Second, you mention the movie, did you ever bother to read the five books? Thirdly, I was being satiracal, and thusly tryingto prove the point that the OP was largely out of bounds by trying to state something so generally, especially when a ficticious statement could hold just as much water.

As far as understanding the movie..... you'll never truly understand it unless you read all five of the books in the Hitchhiker's series. The movie only ever made sense to those of us who have read all the books, and as a movie for the general public, was generally unsuccessful, but as a movie for the fans of the series, was a hit.

Read all five books, watch the movie again, and see if you understand it better.

Not trying to hijack this thread (I'm half drunk, and prone to rambling), stating that Aliens"DON't" exist is farcical. We, as the human race, know only about one hundreth of one percent of all there is to know. That said, we are in no position to say anything about anything that we cannot observe close up (and that includes the surfaces of every planet in our solar system, let alone planets that may exist around any other star). Granted, closeup observation on Mars by our robotic landing craft have given some insight into the surface, but it's really rased more questions than it can answer (as does any great discovery). Truth is, we'll never know for certain (at least as certain as the human race can be, knowing basically nothing, universally speaking), that were is/was once life on Mars, even if it was relegated to the realm of simple single celled organisms, or possibly microscopic, primitive multi-celled organisms, until the human race visits in person, and is able to bring back hard evidence, and even then, we'll be basing it solely on known lifeforms (as is protocol for scientific procedure). Who's to say that there aren't tens of thousands (or billions) of non-carbon based lifeforms out there? Not I. Not you. Not even Stephen Hawkings.

We as humans know nothing. The worlds greatest cosmic scientists will confirm the same.

If the most learened amongst us admits they know nothing, how can any of us be so flat-out rude as to say we know, even without half of the truth they have?

[Edit: spelling]

[edit on 7/13/2006 by obsidian468]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
this thread can go no where, but we all like to get our points across. I am curious if anyone else took the time to go through the google video that was posted

video.google.com...

can anyone challange anything that was shown on that video, it shows an awfull lot of activity above our atmosphere as though earth is like some galactic air port or so something kinda like MIB. i'll beg if i need to but can we please get some focus on that video, or can the member that posted it please direct me to a thread that is already reviewing it, otherwise maybe start one. pleeeeeease. i said please.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Admittingly, I have not read this entire thread, but I would like to add my two cents:

A few years back, a scientist (his name escapes me) wanted to put a theory to test;
he compared aliens to lobsters (just bear with me here...);

This scientist (or philosopher, mathamatician, or whatever) set his table for a lobster feast (minus the actual lobster),
he then opened the front door to his house and proceeded to sit at his dinner table, waiting for a lobster to walk in and set itself on his table,
he waited,
and waited,
and waited,
no lobster showed up...
"strange" he thought to himself,
"in this big world (using the world as a theoretical model of the universe) there should be lobsters, but since not a single one has come to my house and presented itself to me, there must be no such things as lobsters" [of course, I'm paraphrasing here]
(having seen this, I actually thought it rather clever)

So I guess, just because an alien doesn't come right down, knock on your door and ask you out, one might not want to entirely dismiss that there just might be something else out there.

Okay, that's my two cents.
As you were...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join