It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens do not Exist!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by JebusSaves

Originally posted by Thekherham
If there is a God out there, he doesn't have much of an imagination. You mean all he created was this world, and Adam and Eve, and the animals. Ho hum.

I have Issue with this comment(you are not the first to say it).
Not Much of an Imagination?
Have you seen that varying species of animal, insect, flora and anything else deemed living.
The whole range of elements on the periodic table and the many more we will find on other planets.

In space, the many differing worlds, like snow flakes, no two exactly the same.

This isn't a 'God Exists' comment but even without life on other planets, this entire existence is fraught with imagination and if we were created by God, then I think its a wonderful job he has done.
If not, then nature is far from dull thank you.

Yes, there are many species of flora and fauna on the this planet. I agree with that. What I'm saying is that all this flora and fauna and nature is on this one planet, Earth. What I cannot see is God putting life and everything just on this one planet. Considering the vastness of the universe, wouldn't all this translate to life on other planets. (Maybe not humanoid, maybe not even anything we recognize, but life -intelligent, non-intelligent, whatever - nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by eagle eye

video.google.com...

this video needs its own thread. first of all the video did not made any notions that aliens did exist. but the proof that we our earth is definatly in contact with some force that is beyond that understanding of most indaviduals cannot be contested if this video is for real. He did say without actually saying, that we cannot be visited by beings anything like us, infact the observations that he was refering to could no be described as anything but mass energy.

He asked if "this was our god" when discribing the balls of mainly water that hit our atmosphere 10 -20,000,000 times a year, and that these occurances our what helpes jeep our 0-zone layer in good shape. I dont think he is religous, cause the question is pretty silly, but he cant explain how these objects that our made of mostly water have made it here without evaporating.

is this video discussed anywhere on this site, because it is a seriouse breakthrough in my understanding, and i would really like to know more.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Hi ka0s69

The only thing I can say, is I have been following info available on EBEs/UFOs for years through other peoples experiences, pictures and videos. Three weeks ago I had my first sighting in the 23 years I had been researching the matter. I recorded it on video. And of course it was the usual white ball in the dark western sky. But not by eye. By eye it had white fuzz but also sides to it. The only UFO I have ever seen directly.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Concluding whether ET's exist or not comes down to what your basic world view is and whether it's accurate. You would expect life on another planet to have occurred in a similar manner to how it happened here. The two main hypothesises would be purely natural phenomena and special creation.

If you accept that life did start in a primordial soup (spontaneous biogenesis), by chance, you would have to concede that the odds of it happening again somewhere else would be nigh impossible. Figure’s in the realm of 1/10^20,000 (That’s 10 with 20,000 zero’s following). Considering that there is, according to Stephen Hawking, about 10^92 particles in the observable universe the previous figure stated is not a realistic probability.

If you accept a creation scenario for ET’s you would have to specify who you think the creator was. Biblically speaking there is no reason to believe that the God of the bible had created life on other planets. As far as I know the same applies for the other major religions, in the sense that I don’t think it is specifically stated.

I’m looking at this from a philosophical point of view. I’ve never actually examined “the evidence” for ET’s. I don’t think I could come to a conclusion of any certainty from reading the countless opinions you’d find on the net. So I find a philosophical approach much more satisfying.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Quite simply, you cannot say Aliens do not exist. Of course they do.

How can I make such a bold proclamation?

Well, I've never met an alien. I've seen a couple of strange things in the sky, investigated some very weird stuff and read an awful lot about the subject.

Unlike some people who will answer this thread I don't claim to be in contact with aliens in a physical or psychic way.

So how can I say what I have?

Well there is one thing that proves aliens exist. It proves it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

And that thing is... us.

Why? Well, show me a unique object in the observable universe. Show me something that there is only one of.

It doesn't happen.

So if there is intelligent life on earth, then it exists elsewhere.

Whether it has visited here or not is another question, but it exists. There may only be one intelligent lifeform per galaxy, but in an infinite universe, with infinite galaxies, that makes for an awful lot of life...

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Why? Well, show me a unique object in the observable universe. Show me something that there is only one of.

Umm, the Earth.

Show me that there's 2.

See how these kind of arguments get us nowhere.

Whether it has visited here or not is another question, but it exists. There may only be one intelligent lifeform per galaxy, but in an infinite universe, with infinite galaxies, that makes for an awful lot of life...

Infinite galaxies, where did you get that from?

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
you cant base the idea that there may be other human like species out there because there are planets in our galaxy "similar" to ours. In order to achieve the evolution that earthlings have, is to experience all the same occurances at exactly the same time, or who knows where evolution would have taken another species on another planet. Humans came about by accident, we are not a formula that can be copied if you think about the jists of out existance (cloned yes but copy evolution - no) unless you believe in god.

i would really like to see some feedback about that video, i would start a thread but it was not my find and no-one responds to my threads anyway.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
looking to me the original poster is a Fermi Paradox supporter.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I hold many beliefs close to me.
I believe that there is some form of 'Life after Death'.
I believe that in some form or other, there is a being that could be given the title of 'God'.
I also believe in the existence of Extraterrestrials.
But, I have to say, even though i agree with the above poster in that life outside our own sphere exists, i must point out the inaccuracies of the comment quoted above.
An Infinite Universe would indeed create infinite Galaxies, which inturn would create infinite planets of life as by definition alone, Infinite means no limitation, so this would suggest all forms of life at all stages of evolution would have to exist.
However, this Universe is not actually Infinite, its just not measurable by our standards. We have no way of counting how many Stars/Planets/Galaxies there are, but there is a specific number, there has to be. Just because we can't get to that number, does not mean its not there.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Sorry man. Any video that opens with Dan Akroyd is just too hard to take seriously! It opens like an infomercial!

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tha Troubleshoota
Sorry man. Any video that opens with Dan Akroyd is just too hard to take seriously! It opens like an infomercial!

As much as i love the man, and i swear I do, i have to kinda agree.
Feels like you expect him to shout 'Who ya Gonna Call' half way through or something.
I've started this Video a few times, but as yet have been unable to stay awake long enough to see a good sized portion of it.

NOTE: Not falling asleep cause bored, falling asleep due to busy life.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I would like to appologise for the late reply... and also would like to add that currently i am drunk. BUT for sum1 i cant remember who do not take offense to the title because i already said sorry it was just to get attecntion!

Second yes dan akroyd craks me up hahahaha. but i will get around to watuing the video. I am not ignorant and yes i believe that there is sum other form of life out there. I am a christian and believe in the bible therefor i dont think any1 could be mocked dueto belief. becuase sum people find it hard to believe in christinity.

Second lol i mean third lol i dont know about bigfoot but yeah he is porbably sweet lol hahaha i have seen thhat show and harry is the man lol hahahahaha

no offense taken
peace.

Honest i will return when not drunk thans guys.
you rock

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I've seen evidence for U.F.O.'s before and I've shared it with a couple people who it made believers. . It dives into a lot of NASA info about UFO's. It's really infrmative and videos like these that are great examples for "seek the truth and you will find it." because the truth IS out there but most people just don't care enough to look. I can't blame them though, why care when theres nothing you can do even if it is true? Go for wake shield.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by JebusSaves
But, I have to say, even though i agree with the above poster in that life outside our own sphere exists, i must point out the inaccuracies of the comment quoted above.
An Infinite Universe would indeed create infinite Galaxies, which inturn would create infinite planets of life as by definition alone, Infinite means no limitation, so this would suggest all forms of life at all stages of evolution would have to exist.
However, this Universe is not actually Infinite, its just not measurable by our standards. We have no way of counting how many Stars/Planets/Galaxies there are, but there is a specific number, there has to be. Just because we can't get to that number, does not mean its not there.

JebusSaves....heres the definition of infinity from MS Encarta

in·fin·i·ty [ in fínnətee ] (plural in·fin·i·ties)

noun

Definition:

1. something without limits: limitless time, space, or distance
Beyond the Earth lay infinity.

2. something too great to count: an amount or number so great that it cannot be counted

an infinity of stars

3. state of being infinite: the state or quality of being infinite

4. mathematics concept of being always unlimited: the concept of being unlimited by always being larger than any imposed value or boundary. For some purposes this may be considered as being the same as one divided by zero.

5. mathematics geometric point at infinite distance: a part of a geometric figure situated an infinite distance from the observer, e.g. the hypothetical point at which parallel lines meet in Euclidean geometry

6. optics infinitely distant point: a point sufficiently far from a lens or mirror that the light emitted from it falls in parallel rays on the surface

StationsCreation - I qualified my statement with observable universe. We have no way of observing earth sized planets at distance at the moment. Your argument there is a bit feeble I have to say.

As for infinite galaxies, well, in an infinite universe that is constantly expanding I think its fair to say that there would be infinite galaxies - I don't see any problem with that assumption at all.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
In context of your using the term 'infinity' you are suggesting the limitless meaning to reason that there MUST be life on other planets.
That is not the case at all.
Just because a Child cannot count to 1,000,000 doesn't mean its not an actual number they would never be able to count to.

Also, the Universe expanding, there is a limit to that too.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The fact that there are millions of different life forms here on Earth, of different sizes, colors, and ability to live in different surface conditions and bazaar weather conditions. Should be enough to convince anyone that life is not totally unique. That FACT that there are billions and billions of stars and celestial bodies in our universe, and the FACT that life is not unique, should be enough to convince anyone life is to exist other places other than Earth.

If someone said little green men live on some far away planet, why not believe it? Little green men live on Earth, they are called frogs. If someone said on the planet Neptune lived little men that have two eyes that move independently from each other that can allow them to look two places at once, and that had very very long tongues, and they have the ability to change their skin color to blend in with their surroundings, why not believe it? We have those on Earth, they are called chameleons.

It might be hard to grasp from our perspective, but why is it so hard to believe an alien creature from another place could fly here or around us? If humans have the ability to fly in our atmosphere, ability to fly to the moon, and ability to send space gadgets to Mars, and only have been around on Earth for about plus or minus 195,000 scientificaly calculated years. What if a life form almost identical to humans lived on a planet identical to Earth for 5 times longer than humans? Don't you think they would be more advanced since they had more time to invent, discover, and create?

In my honest opinion, its is absolutely positively without a doubly completly plausible that life exists out side of Earth.

[edit on 12-7-2006 by LAES YVAN]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

StationsCreation - I qualified my statement with observable universe. We have no way of observing earth sized planets at distance at the moment. Your argument there is a bit feeble I have to say.

As for infinite galaxies, well, in an infinite universe that is constantly expanding I think its fair to say that there would be infinite galaxies - I don't see any problem with that assumption at all.

neformore, I think you missed my point. You said "Show me something that there is only one of", I said "the earth, show me that there's 2 of them." The argument was suppose to be 'feeble', I was using your same line of logic. The point simply was if you can't show me another earth how the hell am I supposed to show you that earth is unique?

You said,

Well there is one thing that proves aliens exist. It proves it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

And that thing is... us.

It doesn't happen.

How does that prove aliens exist? Beyond a shadow of a doubt!

Objects that are common throughout the universe exist due to the relationship between the laws of physics and matter. Life doesn’t come about because the laws of physics necessitate it. Objects like planets, asteroids, suns, black holes, neutron stars, gases, minerals etc... These things do exist because the laws of physics necessitate them.

If you were using the word 'infinite' according to the definition you've chosen above, i'll give you that one. But using infinite in that manner can be confusing. In reality the number of galaxies in the universe is certainly finite, where as the spatial dimensions of the universe would be infinite.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well, I've never seen an "ALIEN" per say, but I've seen a few things in the sky that defy "traditional" aircrafts. Although I can't say it was a "flying saucer" or an actual alien craft, it was definitely something other than a plane you would see on any given day.

The one that made the biggest impression was something that appeared out of nowhere over Lake Michigan a few years ago.

It was blue-green, & "popped" into view, & began traveling East over the lake. It was moving fast, & was visible for 8-9 seconds. Just the blue-green light.... no tail like a meteor would have.... just a solid "ball".

After 8-9 seconds it made a sharp 90 degree turn & accellerated out of sight.

No plane I've ever seen can manuver like that.

If you've ever seen the Space Shuttle video (STS-45 I think) where the anomolous object comes into view & moves along the Earth's horizon, & then changes direction & accellerates away, after a bright flash is seen (followed by 2 contrails shooting in the direction of the object) .... That is the same movement the blue-green light I saw had.....

So I can't DISPROVE aliens, but I can't prove them either.....
All I know is I've seen "something" strange.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
there is life out side our own.
as we know there are bilions of star systems with bilions of stars those stars have planets and if there is no life on the planets the planets will have moons and life on those moons are also a great possiblity.

so concluding that life is possible here and with the right surcomstances somewhere else.
I believe and think that we will have evidence of life or the possibility of it on another planet outside our solsystem.

later on we may find out if there is bacterial life on mars and if there are life forms on the moon Europe and titan and enclaseaus(hope I wrote it the right way.)

i believe there are aliens out there somewhere
because if theres life on this planet there sould be life on another
why wouldn't there be life on another planet
some one give a reason why there CAN'T be life on another planet i didn't used to believe but now i do!!

signature:cody900

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Hmmm, I wonder if aliens out there are speculating the same way we are here. Is there life on other worlds? Do they look like us?

Somewhere out there, in the vast reaches of space, reptilians... mammalians... humanoid... whatever, are pondering the possibility of life.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join