It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Vs Pakistan - Choice of Target?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'll start this here as it would only be moved from WoT

Can anyone tell me why on earth Iran is target number 1 and Pakistan is left alone to propogate nuclear proliferation.

Ok so Pak has a nuke cpability and Iran doesn't (yet).

Iran's prime minister was elected; Musharraf ('The General', the one Shrub couldn't name) seized power in a military coup and has never let go.

Iran may possibly be supporting insurgent elements in Iraq, Pakistan has a long record of support for Al Quida - many western 'Al Quida' bombers etc have attended islamic schools in Pakistan.

I'm not saying one country is any better (or worse) than the other but the US's attitude is completely different: one is a 'valued ally' (for what not supporting AQ even more or selling more nuke tech to anyone and everyone?) the other is on a 'final warning'.

It's very, very puzzling - anyone care to enlighten me?

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Iran produces oil. Pakistan does not.

Since the real motivation behind the war in Iraq was to control a flow of oil sufficient to keep our economy running for a while after the global oil peak, we need look no further for a reason why Iran, not Pakistan, is next. Terrorism isn't the reason for all this. It's only the excuse.

join