It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is North Korea going to be another Iraq?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
After all the recent reported action in North Korea regarding testing weapons i can't help wonder if we are really seeing the truth in what is actually going on.
We all know that the invasion on Iraq was based on WMD's , which we're not shocked didn't actually exist, yet this was the foothole into Iraq.
Could it be that the NWO are manufactoring these events in N.Korea to put pressure on Korea in the same fashion they did with Iraq with WMD's, so that they can do something about N.Korea before they actually do get nuclear weapons that can do some damage.Again, the superpowers are judging who has what, where and when. In this case it seems to be Japan that are applying that pressure, maybe they fear what could happen if N.Korea is left for too long with their own devices.
Something smells bad about his whole thing,like its being orcastrated, im really not sure Kim has actually launched any tests at all, we only have what we're fed by the media, and that media lick anything up that comes their way.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
bush isn't stupid enough to be going gung-ho to North Korea.
for one thing, they really do hve WMDs and the world knows it.
and second, their leader really is crazy enough to attack America if the US strikes first, and boldly came out and said so.

...speaking of Bush...
now i'm going to admit, i'm not a fan of the man, and haven't been for the past six years. but it seems that he is at least trying to handle the NK situation diplomatically, after the whole debacle in Iraq. i'll at least give him props for learning...

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I don't think so.

If there's any type of attack against NK, NK will just turn into some type of glowing object, not a war zone we'd send any troops into

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

...speaking of Bush...
now i'm going to admit, i'm not a fan of the man, and haven't been for the past six years. but it seems that he is at least trying to handle the NK situation diplomatically, after the whole debacle in Iraq. i'll at least give him props for learning...

I do agree he is handling NK much more sensibly.
I wish I really thought this was due to some kind of change of heart, unfortunately I think it's simply expediency.

Wheras NK has a human rights record that makes even Saddam's Iraq look like Sweden, and has more WMD's than Saddam could have dreamed of, one thing they don't have is huge oil reserves, and one thing they do have (unlike Iraq in 2003) is a military powerful enough to make any attack very costly for the US.

new topics

top topics

join