It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

time paradox disaster vs trap in time loop

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
But if someone were to travel back and alter this current timeline, this timeline would cease to exist, plunging our poor traveler back into a similar existance consistant with this timeline. It would not be the same because they went back, but it would be no different. With the destruction of timeline a, timeline b would have nothing to cross reference to. Leaving out travler completely unaware that they even traveld through time....

Or I'm just confused...

You people are confusing.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ixiy
or an accident which traps the whole of mankind in an unending time loop.

Providing I'm in bed with either Jessica Alba, Jennifer Garner or Angelina Jolie I really couldn't see a problem with being trapped in an unending time loop!

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Good one PollyPeptide, I guess that might be a possible scenario as well, time travel can be a very tricky and confusing thing, we need more information, anything is possible, any time travelers here?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
My take on Time Travel is that traveling back in time MAY be possible someday or even traveling forward in time. But if you were to say, go to the future to see your future self and how your life turns out then, you wouldn't be in the future, because you went into the future instead of living in the past. Do you know what I'm saying? Like if you were to freeze yourself successfully with cryogenics with the intent of meeting your future self, you wouldn't exist in the future because you were frozen in the past.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bradywalter1997
My take on Time Travel is that traveling back in time MAY be possible someday or even traveling forward in time. But if you were to say, go to the future to see your future self and how your life turns out then, you wouldn't be in the future, because you went into the future instead of living in the past. Do you know what I'm saying? Like if you were to freeze yourself successfully with cryogenics with the intent of meeting your future self, you wouldn't exist in the future because you were frozen in the past.

Well that's begs the question is it possible for two yous to exist in the same space time dimension?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join