It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Members: Your Account Settings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
We've had a recent rash of log-in problems that may (or may not) be related to a coincidence of site cookie expirations among a few users. (I'm looking into this, as it seems several members suddenly were logged out, and their passwords didn't work.)

Adding to the problem was the possibility that our process for requesting a new password may have been blocked as "bulk mail" by some email systems.

Our log-in system has been completely revamped here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, the new system for resetting and sending out new passwords has been tested on Hotmail and Yahoo... so the emails are no longer receiving automatic spam flags.

[size=4]IMPORTANT

It seems that some members have cleared out their email address from their account settings, leaving a blank data point for their user email account. If you do this, you will not be able to request a new password. The system relies on entering both your account name and correct email address.

Please review your ATS Member Profile and make sure your most current email address is entered in the "E-Mail" field.
(Also make sure the proper time-zone is selected.)

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
okay but:

"After too many failed log-in attempts, your account is locked for one hour."

my "real" account is "dacruz" I hope you can restore all.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dacruz2
my "real" account is "dacruz" I hope you can restore all.

It looks like you're one of the members with a blank email field. Please send me a u2u with the email address that should be on your account.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
You have a u2u in your inbox

[edit on 9-7-2006 by dacruz2]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
wohoo! I am back. Thanks! I thought I was banned.

regards

dacruz

EDIT: ...And no, I really did nothing wrong

[edit on 9-7-2006 by dacruz]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
SO I dropped you a U2U as well. Same issue. Password has died and my email was blanked. Thanks for the help.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
SO, I sent you a U2U also...sorry for the bother man...I know your'e probably busy as hell right now.

Thanks,
Sporty

EDIT: Ahhh yes...that's why I haven't been getting ATS weekly...I blanked my email address....I feel like such an idiot

[edit on 9-7-2006 by SportyMB2]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Ahhh yes...that's why I haven't been getting ATS weekly...I blanked my email address....I feel like such an idiot

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who blanked the e-mail address.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enormous Profit
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who blanked the e-mail address.

I'm don't make the same mistake twice....

I'll be sure to not leave the field bank

Btw, My real member name is SportyMB

[edit on 9-7-2006 by SportyMB2]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
anyone else have any change yet? I suspect perhaps the issue is being corrected prior to fixing the accounts?

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Went to check my profile and my email was there, then did a minor change in my sig line then started to get WARNING: illegal referral error after I hit the submit button. Prior to that I had not seen this thread and posted a thread with topic is there a glitch in ats when I stared to get the same error when trying to log in using my subscritions as my homepage. WUZ UP, now I get it in two places?

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Hi Skeptic,
I have u2u ed you and I haven't heard anything back yet. I have a whole new account with a different user name and password now too. I want all of the other thing's that I have lost to this problem. I couldn't login with my original user/password, so now I am back to ground zero with all my point's gone and a completely different avatar and everything. Can you please tell me how I can get my post point's, how to join the S.B.O.M.R. research teams thread to research, I can not access it with this new user name and password. This is a bummer man.
Thanks for your help.

SM

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I tried many times today to log in under my normal username SonyaChristina, but it would not work.
I tried to get my password sent to me in email and it said it wasn't correct, so I logged in under this name that I thought had been deleted or merged with sonyachristina.
It accepted this one with no problem, but I would like to go under sonyachristina if at all possible so I can see my ATS and all

Thanks!
Sonya
P.S. I U2U'd Umbrax today since he is the person I told a while back about me having 2 user accounts here. but he is offline and I havn't heard anything from him yet today.
I registered this username the same day I registered SonyaChristina but I don't want it.
Should I U2U anyone else or just let them read my post here in this thread?????

[edit on 9-7-2006 by SM]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
There goes another one. Get a hold of one of the Administrators, and they'll fix you up.

And on that note, Thank You Simon, and SkepticOverlord!

You don't realize how much ATS is part of your life, until you don't have it.

I somehow deleted my email address that is connected with my password. Seems a couple of other members have had the same issue as well, so now I don't feel so bad.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
PATIENCE PLEASE

S.O. is hammering out a solution everyone PLEASE stop the emails and posts, trust me we know and it's being worked out by S.O. on Sunday night as I type this.

ALSO:

It seems that some members have cleared out their email address from their account settings, leaving a blank data point for their user email account. If you do this, you will not be able to request a new password. The system relies on entering both your account name and correct email address.

Please review your ATS Member Profile and make sure your most current email address is entered in the "E-Mail" field.

(Also make sure the proper time-zone is selected.)

Springer...

[edit on 7-9-2006 by Springer]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
* smacking myself *
I just deleted my email off there less than a week ago. Didnt think a thing of it. I sent you a U2U also SO.

Thanks for taking the time to fix this mess I've gotten myself into. Im a real dippy when it comes to computers. HA

thanks again

-mrsdudara

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
My account was out for most of the day. And it didn't work when I tried to use firefox, while it does when I'm on IE7. So I'm wondering if it's a problem with Firefox.

So to all members with the account problems.. What browser are you using???

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Well... There goes my theory... I'm on firefox right now and it's working.

SM

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Since my email wasn't on my SonyaChristina profile, and I won't get a new password for that one, is there any way to merge that name with this one maby?
I'm ok with this one, I would just like my points I had before, and the threads that were in 'my ATS'.

I'm not really in a hurry. Thanks and I hope I am not being a bother.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I don't know if they can merge the accounts. I had some success contacting the admins and they restored my email address in my user profile. After which, to get a new password, use the "Forgot Password" function to get a new password.

Mechanic 32.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join