It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinians Support Kidnappings Of Israelis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
In a just released poll by JMCC the Palestinians in both Gaza Strip and The West Bank support terror,kidnapping and missile barrage on israeli cities...

www.jpost.com
A large majority of Palestinians support the capture of IDF soldier Gilad Shalit, according to a poll released Sunday. Shalit was nabbed in a June cross-border raid.

The survey by the Jerusalem Media and Communication Center showed 77 percent of those questioned support the kidnapping of Shalit, while 67% said they support further abductions in the current political climate.

Almost three-quarters of those polled, about 69%, believe the soldier should only be released in return for Palestinian prisoners held in Israeli jails. Only 17% said Shalit should be released to avoid an Israeli military incursion into Gaza.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Maybe this was a poll where the questions were constructed to recieve the "right" ansor...,I don't know...Everyone has the right to check and decide for himself...I am amazed by the vast support the terrorists enjoy...In the articles below two themes are explored - one for the analogy between the criminals who after release from jail don't feel free and need to go back there and the palestinians; and the other is for Hamas needing an "occuppier" to survive...
Maybe the Palestinians don't want state,espacially one that will be insignificant in many aspects - economical,political,military,cultural,scientific...one small place forgotten from God that nobody cares for...Maybe been a "fighters" makes them feel great...
I simply can't understand those people....

Related News Links:
www.jpost.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.realclearpolitics.com...
www.latimes.com...

[edit on 9-7-2006 by ZMax]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I can understand the emotional feelings the questions of this poll must have evoked amongst the Palestinians. Especially just now with the Israelis inside Gaza tearing things up and fighting them. Had the poll been conducted prior to the Israeli incursion into Gaza I'm sure the results would have substantially different.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Tell me, how can a soldier in a warzone be kidnapped?

Soldiers are captured and detained by enemy combatants, they aren't "kidnapped" or held hostage, they are prisoners of war.

Ever since I first saw the title of the first article about this guy being "kidnapped" i wanted to just scream "HOW STUPPID ARE YOU PEOPLE", but I kept myself from doing it.

But now I see you are putting even more spin on this bullocks and claiming the Palestinian people are condoning kidnappings of supposedly innocent poor Israeli, I just can't stand it anymore.

They took a soldier prisoner, just like I'm sure the Israeli have taken many Palestinians prisoner (and many of them aren't even combatants of any kind.).

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This is really no suprise.
I wont really try to speculate as to why.
But what seems to be the big question to me is what will be the event that makes it stop?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Given Israeli heavy handedness is it really any surprise? And given their over-reaction to these three "kidnappings" they are certianly not going to be winning any converts over to their cause. And like the bonehead that he is Bush and his administration, instead of trying to reign in this absurd escalation, wimpily says that Israel has the right to defend itself and blocks any resolution condemning their escalation of hostilities. What ever happened to diplomacy? Negotion? and all those other ways of going about these things. Idiots.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Not surpised. Israelis regularly kidanp palestinians and hold them without trial for years.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Given what the Jews have been through as a people....2000 years of Christian bigotry and the holocaust to boot....I would love to support Israel. Unfortunately the state Israel has behaved in such a heavy handed and bull headed way (not that the Palestianians haven't either) that my sympthy has to lie with the Palestinians. They have been given a very raw deal....their side isn't innocent in this either but it is the people that suffer.

The other thing is that it should be apparent by now that the government of Palestine, such that it is has no control over the para-military splinter groups and the Israeli government punishes the entire people for the acts of a few.

It is wrong all the way around.

new topics

top topics

join