It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the faith of the majority of Masons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I am curious what is the faith of the majority of freemasons that have exceeded the blue degrees? Has your belief changed before/after joining Masonry?
Does it tend to me a universal god head with no messiah of sorts? Or is any thought of a messiah looked at as a phoenix a pre-exsisting person already here?

I understand there is no solid stance from the lodge but I wonder more each opinion and would like to see a majority stand point? I know it could be argued there is no majority stand point within Masonry but there still is a higher percentage.

Sidenote can anyone explain to me what chaos belief is?

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chemlabco
I am curious what is the faith of the majority of freemasons that have exceeded the blue degrees? Has your belief changed before/after joining Masonry?

Hi chemlabco

The majority of freemasons are Christian. I would certainly think the figure exceeds 90% although there will be no definitive data on that as it is not tracked. I would also think it is extremely rare for a man to change his religious affiliation after joining freemasonry, and even less likely (I would almost say inconceivable) that the cause of this change would be freemasonry itself. Freemasons MUST have a belief in a Supreme Being before they join, and as a condition of membership must keep that belief.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I am curious what is the faith of the majority of freemasons

Would that not depend on the country or location of the lodge in particular?

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'm a mason and I'm a Methodist,what's the point?,think more is read into it then really exist's but everyone is entitled to their own thoery I guess

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
What do you mean by the 'blue degrees'?

The first three? If so, why would the three ceremonies change a person's religious ideas?

Or do you mean 'regular' degrees by 'blue degrees', ie, 1-33, or some such? I ask because it is a common theory that in order to get into or 'past' the 33rd degree, you have to accept a satanic religion, is that something like what you are thinking?

You seem to be using specific language, particularly in reference to the messiah and the phoneix idea, why is that, do you think that it is masonic terminology and if so, why do you think that?

edit to add

Sidenote can anyone explain to me what chaos belief is?

I think more clairification is needed here too, because there is "Chaos Magick" and there are chaotic religions, like the Church of the Subgenius and Discordia, but the three things are 'seperate' (though, of course, I'd gather that a person could use the 'books' of Discordia in "Chaos Magick", and vice versa).

[edit on 10-7-2006 by Nygdan]

new topics

top topics

join