It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metal Storm SMG concepts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
When I first heard of the Metal Storm technology I had a burst of imagination and with nothing to do at school I made plans for a metal storm SMG. It is rather like the Russian PP-19 "Bizon" as it has a long magazine which is in fact the barrels. There were plans for 2 or 3 barrel weapons. They are to be made of light weight but heat resistant metals of some sort. (Titanium?). The entire barrel would be replaced when reloading.
One interesting feature about this concept is that it is electrically fired and thus the time between shots can be changed and the rate of fire can be changed for different scenarios. Higher for Close combat (950rpm+) and slower for more open battle grounds (750-500rpm) this is just something I thought up of in High school and I'm not sure if any of it is practical.
Another design for a type of weapon is like that of a USAS shotgun.world.guns.ru... with this I mean the magazine would contain 20 or so small barrels and each would have 2, 3 or 4 rounds in each. The barrels would rotate after a burst is fired. There would be no semi auto fire or full auto.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
very interesting, one question on this Super Gun. what do you do with all of the spent barrels, and are they reuseable?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I think that the design is a good idea but not if your very low on ammo. but i suppose that the way you can control the rate of fire helps with that problem. but im sure there are probably some downsides such as maybe getting electrocuted if it short circuts or something. but otherwise it is a great idea

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
This gun is incredible. - There is also a video that National Geographic did that demonstrates it which is could be frightening in the wrong hands.

It can shoot 3 rounds in less than a second before the first recoil.

Goto metalstorm.com - Its truly next gen technology

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
It can shoot 180 rounds in less than a second with 36 barrels, or 1,000,000 rounds a minute. This usage of the technology is said to replace AP landmines in the future.
Also the H&K G11 assault rifle can also fire 3 rounds before the recoil but production stopped when the Berlin wall came down.

But imp sure there are probably some downsides such as maybe getting electrocuted if it short circuits or something

I wouldn’t know for sure but I don’t think that the weapon uses that much electricity in the firing mechanism. It is probably the same, if not less than the spark of an engine spark plug.

top topics

join