It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney 4 Prez

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Well I didnt see a thread for one of my favorite candidates so I decided to start one. A few reasons I like Mitt for our next president:
1. I'm from Massachusetts
2. He had worked the state out of an incredible debt without raising taxs, they way in which he did it was also quite interesting.
3. Hes a Northern Republican so if he makes it through primarys he stands a great chance of winning.
4. He is a businessman and has brought these skills to his position to Governor as I am sure he would to the Presidency.

Well lets here your opinions guys!

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I don't know. Republicans have, as key to their national base, a lot of evangelical Christians; many of them seem antagonistic to Mormons. If Romney is to have a chance, he'sd going to have to overcome it, the same way Kennedy did with his Catholicism the West Virginia primary in 1960.

Interestingly enough, you may remember that one of the presidential candidates during those years was George Romney, then-governor of Michigan, and Mitt's father; and his first cousin once removed was the late Marion G Romney, a General Authority.

I don't have much of a problem with Romney, except that he's not as strong a Second Amendment advocate as I'd like to see.

And as far as his religion is concerned, no big deal. My city (Mesa, AZ) was founded by Mormons, they hava a disproportionately very large political base here, and we have a great city with great family values.

We could do a lot worse than Romney.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I also think Romney brings a lot of good qualities to the table. HOWEVER, I heard something on the radio today that puzzled me....that there is apparently a "split" between him and his Lt. Gov, Kerry Healey. They didn't go into any detail, except to say that she is trying to distance herself from his camp. I'm going to see what I can dig up.

I thinks some of it may be the normal political distancing by someone who is seeking higher office (I'm referring to Healey running for Mitt's job if he runs for Prez), so it may be nothing at all. Being the first time I'd heard of it, though, it surprised me a little.

join