It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the antichrist an alien?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I was wondering about the legend of the antichrist, which all major religions speak of the man who will unite the world through the idea of peace. Now I realize that most people wouldn't consider such an extreme idea, but here is my reasoning:

It would take something or someone of extreme nature or ability to unite the world so to speak. Take superman for instance, he has abilities outside of our frames of comprehension, so the whole world had no basis for comparision. Meaning, if he's that powerful and not blatantly evil, we could easily love him!

Now I am not getting all Comic booky on you here, I was only using the reference to illistrate a point. Also, when I say alien, I don't mean a green person with big black eyes (but maybe lol) I mean a spirit at a higher frequency that has abilities to manipulate the minds (think opposite of jesus). Now all this could be rubbish, but it is just a thought that I want to bounce off the minds of ATS.

Please no, Bush is antichrist or Bill O'reilly type responses, though I welcome your opinion, this thread is about stretching the idea of what is so common, and finding a practical answer that may prove to be unpractical.

AAC

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
No I imagine he is Human and of a evolving Wisdom beyond most. YOu must appreciate someone so smart?

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Considering that the anit-christ is a biblical figure any conclusion you come to about the anti-christ should probably come from the bible. So according to the bible you could safely assume that the anti-christ will not be an alien.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The purpose of the first antichrist was to civilize the world that of which the Renaissance almost, but not quite, had accomplished. The second antichrist rid the taboo surrounding technology. The third and last of the impressive trilogy is bound to force the world to come full circle by resurrecting Atlantis. In what was probably a creation of the mad scientists of 11,000 years ago, the aliens have decided that only a man of immense vision, tenacity, etcetera can bring the whole of humanity to where it should be. With too many states sponsoring terrorism yet still (Saudi Arabia, North Korea, Pakistan, Ukraine, to name just a few), over population worries, the onslaught against the environment; an audacious plan is bound to be met with thunderous applause from more than just a few. Born out of what Nostradamus calls "New Arabia" and combined with the Koran's promise of an Arabian metropolis second-to-none, what you have is a product of the U.A.E. in all its Dubai craziness. Stability always was the promise of all three of the antichrist's as such is the demand for peace, the western world does have a be-careful-of-what-you-wish-for conundrum on their hands.

[edit on 12-7-2006 by risitar]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I think this Anti-Christ/666/Whore of Babylon thing gets completely blown out of context.

I'm far from being an expert, but I'm almost certain that these stories and references were not originally written with them being used 2000 years down the line in mind.

I think the allegories specifically refer to much more current events for the times.

Saying 'Bush is the Anti-Christ' or 'the Anti-Christ is a Grey' is just completely mis-understanding the entire issue.

The terms 'anti-christ', '666', 'messiah' - they're all popular terms that have a common short-hand meaning in pop culture - but that doesn't mean these terms are used in their correct context as they would've originally been understood or interpreted.

The same goes for all words like 'God', 'soul', 'heaven', 'dimension' - all these esoteric and spiritual terms of reference should be clearly defined and researched so that when we say 'Messiah' or 'Christ' - we actually know the original meanings of these words, not just what the pop culture short-hand meaning is.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I still to try wrap my mind around the idea of how certain religions believe that it would be a bad thing for the world to Unite in Peace and live together as one race, the Human race. I find it hard to wrap my head around the idea that if that did happen then it would be a prophecy of the anti-christ fullfilled. Would if the world just caught on one day with a dawning of consiousness? Many would be quick to label it evil because it fullfiled a biblical prophecy. It is my opinion that an objective mind would approach the bible from both sides as should be done with any topic. We should entertain the idea that the prophecies may have been written out of sinister intent to keep man divided. Its seems to me that the Bible is the one thing in this country that is just accepted as the inafallable word of God. I am not saying that it is not, only reminding the reader that it was in fact written by men, allowing room for possiblity of error. Just something to think about.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
kleverone you took the words right out of my mouth.I to have wondered why world peace = bad news for some religons.Maybe and it is just a thought is all if there is world peace and everything turned out ok then people wouldn't be scared and some religons might loose some of there followers.Like I said just a thought. I just wish we all could get along.I mean no hatred, no bigots,no more intolerance,no my religon is better than yours and you are going to hell etc.Its just a dream of mine but maybe just maybe we all will be able to grow up and get along.

Oh and I don't believe the antichrist is alein.

new topics

top topics

join