It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you met a God or Goddess?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Let me take an example from a fictional comic book creature...
Like in the DC comics, Galactus appeared to be in humanoid form to the human, and in amoeba like form to the Amoeba people. But both can't comprehend the exact way he exists in.

And in that statement you have just defined all the religious problems in the world today because the average person doesn't see, or want to accept, the possibility of a true one god that appears different to the various races on earth.

Funny thing though, it seems high up in the levels of various churches, especially Judaism, Muslims and Christians they know it to be true... even states it in the Qu'ran

Now tell me more about these Amoeba people... never heard of them before... are they like those IR pictures Nasa has?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyber_Wasp
We all meet gods every day, for we are all gods. Somewhere along the line religions were created and have kept us all from developing our full potentials.

BINGO!!

Its funny though... it clearly states that in the Bible, yet the Christians don't see it...

God created us IN HIS IMAGE ergo we are the same as God. How can we be in created in his image yet be lesser? Makes no sense

Jesus said THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IS WITHIN YOU...

And don't forget Genisis

22 Then the Lord God said, ‘See, the man has become like one of us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever’—

Bold mine, but they tell me the book is the absolute truth... so there you have it direct in God's own words, that "man has become like one of us" [notice also that He was talking to someone and uses "us"]

Only thing is those religions don't want you thinking like that. They would loose control and power. And so people crawl through their miserable lives never knowing the truth.

Looking for the face of God? Look in the mirror....

Now all you mortals out there, bow down before me and worship me... until your man/woman enough to stand up an call me equal. So any other God out there found that Tree of Life yet?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by picklewalsh
well i am a Kemetic Pagan

Never heard of this form of Paganism before now... interesting.. a revival of the Egyptian Book of the Dead

Kemetic Pagan

Here's one from The Cauldron

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
If you think to be made in a physical imagery of God or whatever deity you belief in then I have to dissapoint you. There are more interpretations. And I prefer the Jewish Kabbalistic explenation.

Name of God is IHVH. Each letter being a representation of a natural element. Everything in nature, which is made up from one of those elements, contains a piece of god. All of nature is god, we live in nature and we are gods as well as the animals, plants and anything else.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
then I have to dissapoint you. There are more interpretations. And I prefer the Jewish Kabbalistic explenation.

Its okay you can't dissapoint me, as I know the truth of what I believe. I have been here a very long time... You can however tell me that you prefer a different path... and as long as that path works for you, great

You could explain though how you interpret the Jewish and Paganism into one belief. Always willing to learn something new.

Have you met any Gods yet as the question asks?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Already replied to that on the previous page. And I'm not combining Jewish Kabbalism with Paganism.

link   
Already replied to that on the previous page. And I'm not combining Jewish Kabbalism with Paganism. Just

link   
Already replied to that on the previous page. And I'm not combining Jewish Kabbalism with Paganism. Just because

link   
Already replied to that on the previous page. And I'm not combining Jewish Kabbalism with Paganism. Just because the

link   
Already replied to that on the previous page. And I'm not combining Jewish Kabbalism with Paganism. Just because the interpretations

link   
Already replied to that on the previous page. And I'm not combining Jewish Kabbalism with Paganism. Just because the interpretations are

link   
Already replied to that on the previous page. And I'm not combining Jewish Kabbalism with Paganism. Just because the interpretations are similar

link   
Already replied to that on the previous page. And I'm not combining Jewish Kabbalism with Paganism. Just because the interpretations are similar doesn't

link   
Already replied to that on the previous page. And I'm not combining Jewish Kabbalism with Paganism. Just because the interpretations are similar doesn't mean

link   
Already replied to that on the previous page. And I'm not combining Jewish Kabbalism with Paganism. Just because the interpretations are similar doesn't mean they

link   
Already replied to that on the previous page. And I'm not combining Jewish Kabbalism with Paganism. Just because the interpretations are similar doesn't mean they are

link   
Already replied to that on the previous page. And I'm not combining Jewish Kabbalism with Paganism. Just because the interpretations are similar doesn't mean they are combined

OMG my pc at work mucked up. Be free to remove all replies except this one

[edit on 20-7-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
..and this is going to sound sarcastic. If I had the misfortune to have encountered any suppossed God, Godess or some other manfestation of dubious and/or unknown origin in any form I would seriously seek help from a psychiatrist.
I acknowledge that in this earthly existence (the real world) there exists mysteries of science, mind, atmospherics and nature. I find paranormal phenomena interesting in most of its varied aspects and more interestingly peoples perception of what they have witnessed or believe they have experienced.
Almost all postings within the paranormal studies forum are likely to have rational explainations irrespective of an individuals state of mind,beliefs or gifted insight.
I honestly believe that no God, Godess, nature spirit exists until proven scientifically, these dieties you debate are shoulder to shoulder with farytales and folklore.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Everyone so far has a valid message, at least in the posts I've skimmed, it gets a little boring simply agreeing with everything, and there's not enough time to say "yeah except" to every post.
So I'll pick on zorgon, just because he has bible references which are the most obviously fallible.

Originally posted by zorgon
God created us IN HIS IMAGE ergo we are the same as God. How can we be in created in his image yet be lesser?

You are almost correct, the original bible text does not use YHVH or ADONAI for the creator, it uses ELOHIM, the plural and androgynous word for "GODS" or "PANTHEON". Not a single entity, the English translators changed this to fit there monotheistic beliefs.

Mankind was created in the Image of multiple entities that came before, entities that were both male in female (ha freudian slip, I'll leave the typo,its funny).

More likely the case is they were just a man and a woman who passed along a verbal story to CAIN who carried it out of eden across the desert and passed it on to the villagers he met when he settled down. He is the first person to carry the story of eden to other people, and remember he was A) uneducated B) sun baked C) insanely depressed over killing his brother and being thrown out of eden by the person who was most likely his grandfather.

Please remember that many a ruler/king claimed he was either the embodiement of god, gods, or a direct descended of god or gods. All the way up to the Emperor of Japan in 1945, and people believe this crap! So an uneducated neo-human certainly would believe this as well. Sad thing is people are still believing the bible story as absolute fact when its almost pure fable.

22 Then the Lord God said, ‘See, the man has become like one of us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever’—

Again it is the ELOHIM, not GOD, your quote is based on a corrupted translation.

Looking for the face of God? Look in the mirror....

Again almost correct, look anywhere and no where, there really is no difference between us except that we perceive there is a difference. If we spent most of our time looking
for the similiarity and unity of ourselves and our world, things would be wholly different
for this race.

Every man and woman a star

Originally posted by zorgonSo any other God out there found that Tree of Life yet?
Its called the Kabbalah.

Finally to answer the original post/question. Sure I've met "dieties", for a short time when I was younger I believed them to be actual self contained embodiements of godlikeness.
Want a list? well there was GOD, that was enjoyable, Lucifer, what a great guy, Mars...only briefly before just before I had to face my own inner "demons", Venus on many occasions..she gifts me with Libra women its great!, Mercury, Luna, Osiris, Michael, Raphael, Uriel, Gabriel, a few angels, seniors, governors and demons of the Enochian Aethyrs whose names are all so very weird and lost to memory, a few of the "demons" of Solomn, and my best friend in the whole cosmos Azrael the Angel of Death.

After a time I came to realize that all these entities were simply anthromorphized projections of
my own psyche reflecting the bits and pieces of cosmic vibrations that are within all of us.
As above so below. We are all reflections of the cosmos, and on some level even the virii are a reflection of us, and the atoms a reflection of the virii, etc, etc, onward into infinity.

Just think about the information stored in your DNA, not only is the sum total of your mother and father's life experiences stored there up to the time of your birth, but for ever afterwards you inhale dust with dna code stored in it every time you inhale, your body reactions and metabolizes that data, and stores that as well. Multiply that times our entire existance from our very origins.
Thats a lot of data, all in simple coded strands.

Now imagine if every galaxy is just a code bit in a humongous DNA strand, and the universe another single code bit in an even larger DNA strand.

Basically "meeting gods or goddesses" is pulling up a file of information from your DNA hard drive and giving it a nice file name like "Luna".

Thats the way I see it, everyone has their own "operating system" and like the whole Mac, linux or Windows thing, some people just adopt whatever their parents/school/church/state have
installed for compatibility and lack of the requirement of any extra effort to learn something new, or they go out searching for a "Service" to install the OS for them, ie, cults like scientology.

Every man and woman a file!
Run in multithreaded protected memory shall be the whole of the law.

[edit on 20-7-2006 by Legalizer]

[edit on 20-7-2006 by Legalizer]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
In many texts Elohim is indeed read as God and by many accepted to be translated as such. Elohim Adonai, Elohim Bael... It is more of a title such as Lord of war or God of war etc. A bunch of Elohims (Lords) that only represent one aspect of IHVH, The Source.

I don't remember where (think it was a Raelian discussion), but I once read that the original translation of Elohim is "those from the sky" which refers to an exterrestial race. Which also sounds possible when looked at the deities referred to as Elohim.

But then I think you should also look at what is meant with the treu translation. Is it those from above in the sense of aliens, advanced individuals that already reached "enlightentment" or godly deities that came down from above.

Also the quote by Zorgon about Man knowing good and evil...don't make me laugh. People are trapped by that false concept. Thinking they know what is right and wrong and are living in an illusion of misunderstanding.

[edit on 20-7-2006 by Enyalius]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join