It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Asks U.N. for Sanctions Against N. Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Japan is trying to get a resolution passed for sanctions against North Korea in response to the seven missles, in which one came within 600 KM of Japan. The resolution would ban funds, material, and technology that N. Korea could use for their missle or weapons of mass productions program.

a.abcnews.com
Japan, backed by the U.S. and Britain, circulated a resolution Wednesday that would ban any country from transferring funds, material and technology that could be used in North Korea's missile and weapons of mass destruction programs.

"We will be forced to take all-out countermeasures if sanctions are exercised," Han Song Ryol, deputy chief of North Korea's U.N. mission, said Wednesday, according to Japanese broadcaster TBS.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

North Korea has always said that if sanctions were imposed against them, they would consider that an act of war. So, I guess they would declare war on every country that is a member of the U.N. if the resolution passes? The resolution probably won't pass, due to China and Russia though.

I wonder if the missles were test launched and aimed towards China and landed 600KM off their coast if their position on this resolution would change?

Related News Links:
www.jpost.com

[edit on 8-7-2006 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Meh, I would not support sanctions against him. It looks like he was just trying to show his respect to our independance day by firing off some of his own fireworks
we can't blame a guy for trying to celebrate can we?

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I wish the UN was as well put together as ATS. That means that countries came with ignore buttons. Id like to press a big fat ignore on North Korea, as I see Kim Jong as a little brat throwing temper tantrums for attention.

Instead of sanctions, I think the little jackass just needs some guidance. In the form of guidance missiles. Since he is so impressed with his little toys, but his dont seem to work so well, why don't we show him how a properly built one works? By dropping a nice little bunker buster on top of his fat head to demonstrate accuracy?
Seeing how his own missiles are a joke, landing thousands of miles off their intended targets.

You take out Jong, and maybe North Korea might actually get someone in who isn't a delusional meglomaniac who will throttle our ears with his little cries for attention?

join