It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

great red spot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hello everyone

Those of you who know about the solar system, know that Jupiter has a great storm that has been raging for centuries and is twice the size of earth. On July fourth it was set to come into contact with a smaller but still powerful storm. I have been trying to find some info on what just ended up happening and have come up pretty much empty handed.

Do any of you have knowledge how the event turned out and the effect of their meeting? Thanks very much in advance, I will be following up.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Here is something:

www.yubanet.com...

I'm looking through nasa /jpl atm,

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
From the article

The long-awaited collision between Jupiter's Great Red Spot and Red Jr is underway. So far, both storms are holding their own.

I love the way that's worded...If only Howard Cosell was around to provide commentary.!

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Love the topic. but pretty self-explanitory?

csep10.phys.utk.edu...

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Spaceweather.com is quite a handy source. Try taking a look at the archives from the past few days.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies and info. Looks like we will have to wait until July 15-20th for the closest moment between the two. I find it interesting that they have both slowed down. As it was earlier reported they were supposed to have their closest brush on or right around July 4, and now it has been delayed by 10-15 days b/c they have slowed their approach like trying to brace for the moment similar to stepping on the brakes except on a planetary scale.

The gas giants have always interested me, I mean besides them being rather intimidating in size, what exactly is it like near the core of the planet under all the gas were it become solid. Is there any light there either from the suns rays penetrating or some sort of local system maybe like a planet wide aurora borealis or some other form of glow.

Im going to go see if I can find any educated speculations on what it looks like down ther maybe an artists redering or something.

top topics

join