It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C&C Generals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Has anyone played this game?is it good?

I don't know if I should buy it or not!

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I have the game and it is pretty good. You will need to have a pretty good computer to play it though. My machine can barely get it running.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It rocks.
The expansion just came out, Zero Hour...also very good..

You won't be disappointed..

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Its very nice man got myself C&C Generals and the Expansion Pack ZERO HOUR this weekend and it�s the best.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I prefer the good old Red Alert tho.
CNC Generla is kinda slow.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 01:09 AM
link   

You will need to have a pretty good computer to play it though. My machine can barely get it running.

Same by me have 512 DDR and AMD 1.2 Athlon and 32 MB Graphics card and its slow, but my buddy have nice pc and it runs perfect... must only get me new Graphics card then it will run better. That�s all that suck the new games need nice pc�s

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I have a Athlon 2600+ and i'm getting a Radeon 9600 Pro.So it should run without any problems.

thanks for the advice

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I have an Athlon 2100+, 1 GB ram and a recently acquired 9800 Pro and zero hour stilllll....runs slow with more than 5 players and all the graphics turned on. Still fun though, just have to turn some graphic options off..

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 04:07 PM
link   
As a C&C fan I bought this thinking it would rock.
Bought it, installed it (took forever)
Played it for about half a day.
Unistalled it with a sad heart.

Playing it online is just shyte. Everyone just plays a China so they can nuke people. Plus it deadly slow and my PC ain't no slouch.

I'm going to re-install C&C RA2 now that baby rocks.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Try the demo version.Its a pretty big download though,about 400mb.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I think it would be better if you could build and control Naval Units

M

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
yeah get the demo first everyone has different opinions

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
the expansion pack is much better ... Zero hour rules.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
its a good game same with the addons which generals does every 1 prefer?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Even though its so wrong, I love the terrorists. They're all sneaky and stuff, and theres nothing better than sending a huge angry mob towards an enemy base and see them just ruin things with Aks and molotovs. That and setting up underground tunnels behind the enemy and sending suicide bombers in the back to mess stuff up. So wrong, but so fun.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I think they should make another expansion because the game seriously needs to be rebalanced.

I'll compare Generals to that of Starcraft. In Starcraft it was possible to beat two people in 2v1, in Generals it is not.

One thing I hate is the damn hacker. You could throw a rock at him and he would die. They're expensive, and they hardly get you any money.

Fracking auroras piss me off. They should have the bomb as a missile so it can at least be shot down.

The helix is completely worthless. Slow, expensive, and crap damage it is the chinese's only means of air transportation. One anti air defense spells trouble for these pieces of crap.

Gla units are weaker than hackers. A pebble will kill them, that pisses me off.

The air force general has some major issues. As long as missilie keep firing at the planes, their fine. Uh oh an avenger, now you lost you whole advantage.

Besides that though, it is a fun game.

top topics

join