It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MERRY CHRISTMAS (part 1)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
"One thing is clear- the mythos of the Hindus, the mythos of the Jews and the mythos of the Greeks are all at bottom the same; and what are called their early histories are not histories of humankind, but are contrivances under the appearance of histories to perpetuate doctrines...in a manner only understood by those who had a key to the engima" -Tom Harpur

-Like the "star in the east" of the Gospels, Sirius, the morning star in Egypt, heralded the birth of Horus.
-Horus was baptized in the River Eridanus (Jordan) by a god figure named Anup the Baptizer (John the Baptist), who was later decapitated.
-Like Jesus, Horus had no history between the ages of twelve and thirty.
-Horus walked on water, cast out demons, and healed the sick.
-Horus was transfigured on a mountain; Jesus took Peter, James, and John into "a high mountain" and was transfigured before them.
-Horus delivered a "Sermon on the Mount", and his followers faithfully recounted the "Sayings of Iusa".
-Horus was crucified between two thieves, buried in a tomb, and resurrected. His personal epithet was Iusa (or Iusu), the "ever-becoming son" of Ptah, or the Father. Significantly, Horus was called the KRST, or "anointed one", from a word that was inscribed or painted on the lid of a mummy's coffin millennia before Christianity duplicated the story.
-Horus was the good shepherd, the lamb of God, the bread of life, the son of man, the Word, and the fisher; so was Jesus.
-Horus was not just the path to heaven but the way by which the dead travel out of the sepulchre. He was the god whose name was written as the "road to salvation"; he was thus "the Way, the Truth, and the Life". Therefore, the key verse of conservative orthodoxy today was sourced in Pagan roots.
-The Creed says that Jesus descended into hell, or (better) Hades, but so too did Horus before him. Both went to preach to the souls in prison. Both were "dead and buried", but only figuratively. Again, this is simply a metaphorical description of the descent of the divine into matter- into human beings, in fact. "It has absolutely nothing whatever to do with a literal hillside grave". The death of the god is his self-giving to mortals. That's why every ancient religion had at is heart a dying or dismembered/disfigured deity. One of humanity's first mythical savior figures, Promethus, was pinned by the wrists and ankles to a rock in the Caucasus Mountains where his liver was torn out by a vulture.
-Jesus came in the name of the Lord. He was called Kyrios, or Lord. Horus too was "the Lord" by name.
-Like Jesus, Horus was supposed to reign for one thousand years (i.e.: to usher in a millennium)
-Horus came to seek and to save what was lost. We are reminded of the Gospel parables of the lost sheep, the lost coin, and the "lost" son.
-In the Gospels, it is the women who announce the Resurrection. "The goddesses and the women proclaim me when they see me", shouts Horus as he rises from the tomb, "on the horizon of the resurrection".
- Jesus dies between two thieves but in Egyptian lunar lore, "two thieves of the light", who happened to be the minor deities Anup and Aan, are at one point drawn up on either side of the sun god.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Did Osris, Ra, Horus and Isis live??????????

Or was it just another version of Nimrod, Baal, Tammuz and Semiramis????????

JESUS LIVED Horus didn't

Quite simply, you have been deceived by the deceiver. Another one, hook, line and sinker..............

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Hey Matrix, ain't it interesting that the Muslims don't call Jesus by that name, but by another? and neither do they call Mary (his mother) by her name either? Why don't you do some of your own research and figure out what they called him and then get back to me. While you're at it, go find out what Christ means and what language it came from...In the end, it doesn't really matter what you believe. If you BELIEVE in Jesus, then live out his message to the very last line. If you don't, then you don't have to worry about it...Do I believe that Jesus existed? Not in the way the Gospels are written. There's a possibility he could have existed as a human being but not the way Christians think of him...Do I believe Horus existed? All cultures create legends to understand their own existence. Greeks, Romans, Babylonians, Chaldeans, Israelities,Egyptians,Aztec, etc etc. Their all stories to help us find peace on this Earth and be able to live with each other since our selfish desires prevent us from doing so...Strangely enough though, almost all ancient cultures had a Sun God.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   

...Strangely enough though, almost all ancient cultures had a Sun God.

No, not strange at all. In fact we can go further, the sun, the moon and the stars.

When you understand why there is a sun god all over the earth, you will understand how you have been deceived.

Excellent research, by the way.

If I remember correctly, Christ means King, I'm not sure what language it came from. I will see if I can find out.

[edit on 9-7-2006 by Sun Matrix]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sun MatrixJESUS LIVED Horus didn't

There may have been a man from early first century AD who later became known as Jesus The Christ - but there's absolutely no evidence to suggest that the Solar mythology later attributed to his lifestory is any more factual than the plethora of other Solar deities with similar life stories.

Interesting thread Knac - I'm interested in comparative religion too - although I'd like to see some sources for the quotes in your post

[edit on 10-7-2006 by VelvetSplash]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
If I’m not mistaken Tammuz was Nimrods son, and Nimrod was the son of Ham correct? My memory tends to drift away from time to time but I believe it was this way. Now if that is all correct I shall proceed further.
Nimrod was the King of Babylon and decided to build the tower of Babel in defiance of god. Well I have to cut this short but I’m far from done.

I am truly interested in this thread ........

I bid you all a good day

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
You forgot the amanita muscarias... and where the christmas tree and decorations and going down a chimney came from.....

I'm interested to see if you know anymore about this.....

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
You forgot the amanita muscarias... and where the christmas tree and decorations and going down a chimney came from.....

Tell me where you think the Christmas tree came from and I'll fill in the blanks.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   

You will be waiting a long time.
Knac posted this thread in July and hasn't been back since.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

Tell me where you think the Christmas tree came from and I'll fill in the blanks.

Well... okay..

This has to do with Shamanism.. and earth.nature.sun worship..

In siberia the shamans celebrated certain times of the year... they used certain plants in their rituals...

so... Shamans went into the siberian forest and collected these plants...
these certain plants happened to be the amanita muscaria...
a particular mushroom of red and white nature.... they grow coincidentally under pine trees..

as the shaman collected the mushroom he would carry them in a sack and since the mushroom is heavy when wet he would hang/place it on the tree to dry while he collected more mushrooms....
hence the pine tree and 'decorations'...

now after they would collect the mushrooms from the trees and put the 'presents' in the sack to bring back to the village for the coming 'worship'...

Than when they got back to the village usually snow covered the doors and the siberian culture remedied this by making the main entrance to their home a 'chimney' you could climb down..

to go further.

The mushrooms would still be somewhat wet when they recieved them, so they would dry them in 'stockings' over the fire...

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Well, technically you didn't ask me but if it's all the same with you do care to hear?

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Well... okay..

This has to do with Shamanism.. and earth.nature.sun worship..

In siberia the shamans celebrated certain times of the year... they used certain plants in their rituals...

so... Shamans went into the siberian forest and collected these plants...
these certain plants happened to be the amanita muscaria...
a particular mushroom of red and white nature.... they grow coincidentally under pine trees..

as the shaman collected the mushroom he would carry them in a sack and since the mushroom is heavy when wet he would hang/place it on the tree to dry while he collected more mushrooms....
hence the pine tree and 'decorations'...

now after they would collect the mushrooms from the trees and put the 'presents' in the sack to bring back to the village for the coming 'worship'...

Than when they got back to the village usually snow covered the doors and the siberian culture remedied this by making the main entrance to their home a 'chimney' you could climb down..

to go further.

The mushrooms would still be somewhat wet when they recieved them, so they would dry them in 'stockings' over the fire...

Yes, it does have to do with sun worship and it's origin point is Nimrod the King of Babylon.

What you say is true, but we could go to many cultures and find similar stories about where the tree comes from as there are countless stories and versions. A note on the mushrooms. Reindeer eating the mushrooms is where Santa's flying reindeer come from.

Anyway, the orgin comes from Babylon. When Nimrod(a real person) gets killed, his wife/mother(he married his mother) gets killed and his body is torn apart and spread around. His penis was not found but everything else was. Upon his death, his wife/mother Semiramis claimed that Nimrod became Baal the sun god. She was pregnant and told everyone that Nimrod made her pregnant by the ray of the sun. She had a son called Tammuz who was claimed to be the reincarnated nimrod. Tammuz got killed by a wild boar and Semiramis claimed that a pinetree had grown up overnight where the blood of Tammuz spilt on the ground. This is the true origin point of the Christmas tree.

We can find the Christmas Tree written about in the Bible thousands of years before Christ was born.

Jeremiah 10:3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. 4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not. 5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

Nimrod was more than a mere man as the AntiChrist will be more than a mere man. Lucifer came down to earth and empowered him. Nimrod as Baal is Satan.

This lie of Satan has spread all over the world in the form of sun god worship, but it is really the lie of Satan. Instead of worshiping the Son of God he got people to worship the sun god.

This lie went all over the world as Nimrod, Semiramis and Tammuz became the sun, the moon and the stars. Go to Japan, you find the land of the rising sun. Go to hinduism, buddism, confusiousism and you find the sun, the moon and the stars.

In Egypt, Nimrod becomes Osiris, Semiramis is Isis and Tammuz is Horus.

This is where all the Roman and Greek gods come from by the way. Nimrod is Zues, Zues has relations with a mortal and the savior of the world Hercules is born.(a Myth)

In Egypt, the pine tree becomes the palm tree. This palm tree is why the Masons use an evergreen tree in their ceremony. It signifies rebirth.

Roman emperor Constantine backed the bishops of Rome and formed the Catholic church. He was Pontifus Maximus of sun worship which is Satan worship by the way. They are worshipping a god other than the true God. The Catholic Church was filled with this sun worship that's why worship of God was changed from the Sabbath to SUNday. There is an Egyptian Obelisk in the Vatican court yard which represents the sex organ of Baal. They also wear the sign of Baal on their vestments.

So basically you have the Roman Empire masquerading around as Christians when in fact the serve not the true God. Gee, look what the Christians have done??? The Crusades etc. etc......................Those in charge aren't Christians.

Gee, look how many wars religion has caused. That's right religion, not Christians.

The sun, the moon and the Stars................Allah is a moon god. That is why you see the moon on the masques. In this version of the lie Allah is male. People were making the trek and praying to Mecca long before Mohammed threw out all of the other false gods and claimed the the moon god was the only god. Islam is different than all of the other religions. However, instead of Gods Son dying for you, Your son gets to die for ALLAH.

I have only scratched the surface of the lie that covers the earth. Think theres no Satan think again. There is a God and there is a Satan. God will take you just as your are. You don't need to clean up to call out to him. The time is short.

That ought to be enough to get you started. Like I said, I only scratched the surface.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Excellent post Sun Matrix, to you a well deserved:

You have voted Sun Matrix for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

One of the reasons I never pursued going to seminary school, is that the religion which I was confirmed to follow, still accepts too much that I consider non-biblical Catholic Doctrine. Christians as a whole have suffered for years with hearing about how Christianity has been a violent religion, but the truth is that everything that we are accused of stems solely from the Roman Catholic Church.

If you follow the same line as above into prophetic books such as Daniel, you will see what they are really talking about. By way of example:

Look how much Babylon is used in prophecy. It is even the first kingdom mentioned in the statue dreamed about by Nebuchadnezzar. The line then goes on through Media-Persia, Greece and Rome. If you follow it through the Beasts mentioned later in Daniel it follows the same line of kingdoms. Out of this last kingdom sprouts the “Little Horn” who would change the times and the laws (religious laws) and persecute the saints. This “Little Horn” is not some future Anti-Christ as most futurists claim, but is the same station of the Pontifus Maximus mentioned above. This was realized by several of the reformationists. Just take a look at the definition of what the Pontifex Maximus job entitled.

Changing the times and the laws
His real power lay in the administration of jus divinum or divine law…

The Pontifices were in charge of the Roman calendar and determined when intercalary days needed to be added to sync the calendar to the seasons.

And eventually…

persecution of the saints
Constantius was an unwavering opponent of paganism; he closed all the temples and forbade sacrifices under pain of death. His maxim was: "Cesset superstitio; sacrificiorum aboleatur insania" (Let superstition cease; let the folly of sacrifices be abolished). Their successors had recourse to religious persecution against heretics and pagans. Their laws (Cod. Theod., XVI, v) had an unfavourable influence on the Middle Ages and were the basis of the much-abused Inquisition.

Justinian codified the law and cemented the authority of the Holy Pontiff to persecute Heretics, even to have them put to death.

Justinian

The Codex contained two statutes (Cod., I., xi. 9 and 10) which decreed the total destruction of Hellenism, even in the civil life; these provisions were zealously enforced.

At Constantinople, on one occasion, not a few Manicheans, after strict inquisition, were executed in the emperor's very presence: some by burning, others by drowning

These powers of course continued even though the title changed to the Holy Pontiff.

Now if you follow this forward into Revelations, the first beast in Revelations 13 is again Rome, the second is a very similar form of government, which ultimately springs from Rome to become the last super power of the Earth.

Where else would it make sense for the enemy of Christianity to be situated, but inside a supposedly Christian organization, and the largest organization at that…

Anyway that is only a start, this rabbit hole goes very, very deep indeed...
I would recommend that anyone that wants to follow it look into the similarities and relationships between Rome and the US.

[edit on 9/30/2006 by defcon5]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I find it quite amusing how so called Christians are quick to dismiss anything that does not conform with their narrow view of the world as Satanic in nature

I have asked this question several times, and am still to receive a answer. What gives Christians the right to decide what is right and what is not?

Please do not quote from the bible because the bible has no more standing than any other holy book in the world.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I find it quite amusing how so called Christians are quick to dismiss anything that does not conform with their narrow view of the world as Satanic in nature

Well, it’s a Christian perspective, from a Christian point of view anything that God has specifically told us not to do, that is worldly, or evil is sinful. If this is not your personal perspective then so be it, a true Christian will realize they cannot change your perspective by ramming it down your throat and will follow the words of Christ and:

Luk 9:5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.

It is not up to a Christian to convert or change your heart or beliefs, as they are only a channel for God to do so. Any Christian that is claiming that they converted anyone is not truly a Christian as they are taking the Glory from God in something that only God can do, which is change someone’s heart.

Now, has God specifically told Christians and Jews not to follow certain other religions? The answer to this is yes. Even more specifically as a Christian or a Jew you are to have no other gods besides the one true God.

Saying that a Christian has a Narrow view of the world is inaccurate; a Christian simply sees the world for what it is; a creation; however, they follow the rules of the creator. Part of those rules tell Christians and Jews alike that there are many that will have a differing opinion on things but you are not to partake in their behavior if you wish to be a Christian/Jew. We are to be “in the world” not “of the world”. Anything that is “Of the World”, especially if you start to love it more then you love God is potentially an evil thing and placed there as an obstacle by the great adversary of man.

What gives Christians the right to decide what is right and what is not

As a Christian someone did not show up at my door one day and say, “ today its your turn to decide what is right and wrong”, its God through his Word which decides that for us. If you don’t like our set of rules, then no one is twisting your arm to follow them, and as far as I am concerned perhaps someday you can take it up with the boss as to why he set his rules the way he did.

Now as to why you often hear of things that are evil or worldly being satanic, its because the great advisory of man uses worldly things to distract and win away Christians. After all Satan is the great adversary, this is even what the name means by definition:

Satan
Satan \Sa"tan\, n. [Heb. s[=a]t[=a]n an adversary, fr. s[=a]tan
to be adverse, to persecute: cf. Gr. ?, ?, L. Satan,
Satanas.]
The grand adversary of man; the Devil, or Prince of darkness;
the chief of the fallen angels; the archfiend.

Well I hope that kind of explains it for you…

Now a question for you, if Christianity is so wrong about everything, they why is there such a concerted effort by all you non-believers to try and constantly knock it down?

Personally it smells a lot like fear to me…
People generally try and discredit something when it gets too close to a truth they do not like or cannot accept.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by puneetsg

I see this kind of statement all the time. There is a difference between us. You say my view is narrow and you are correct it is narrow. But to get there I had to have an open mind. You can't find the truth until you open your mind to seek the truth.
You see, I know all the things that you know(in general), but you know nothing of what I know.

I have asked this question several times, and am still to receive a answer. What gives Christians the right to decide what is right and what is not?

I have decided nothing about what is right or wrong. God decided, I believe him.

What would the world be like if everyoine followed God. Thou shalt not kill. Would there be suicide bombers. Thou shall not commit adultry. No broken marriages, not kids without fathers. Thou shall not steal...........you should get the idea..............I'll take that world over the one we live in. Without killing and lying and stealing etc. there would be no war. I think God has it right and man has it wrong.

Please do not quote from the bible because the bible has no more standing than any other holy book in the world.

The accuracy of the prophecies proves your arguement wrong. Does any other book predict what is to happen in the world? I challenge you to find an inaccurate prophecy.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Look how much Babylon is used in prophecy.

Excellent post on the little horn Defcon5

I voted for you for WATS but haven't figured out how to make it show up in the post.

What you say about the little horn is correct. It has happened already.

The judgement of Babylon however has not happened yet . Cyrus did not fulfill the judgement against the land of the Chaldeans. This judgement is happening now.

Check out Jeremiah 50 and 51 and Isaiah 13. These are the judgements of Babylon which is modern day Iraq.

Nations come from the farthest border etc. etc.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Anyway that is only a start, this rabbit hole goes very, very deep indeed...

The rabbit hole does go very, very deep. Hence the name SUN MATRIX.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Excellent post on the little horn Defcon5

I voted for you for WATS but haven't figured out how to make it show up in the post.

Thank you.
To make it show up in the posts, you just have to cut it from the pop-up box and paste it into a quote tag, there is no special feature to do this that I know of.

What you say about the little horn is correct. It has happened already

I believe it has not only already happened, but its ongoing, the “Little Horn” is the station of the Pope and the Pontifus Maximus before him, not a specific person, thus it spans many lifetimes. This station will remain until the absolute end of the world.

The judgement of Babylon however has not happened yet . Cyrus did not fulfill the judgement against the land of the Chaldeans. This judgement is happening now.

Check out Jeremiah 50 and 51 and Isaiah 13. These are the judgements of Babylon which is modern day Iraq.

I just reread Jeremiah, as I am not as up on its prophecies as I am with Daniel and Revelations. I found it to be eerily close to what is happening today. I also came across this website that seems to come to a similar conclusion. Though I have not read the entire site yet, so far it seems to agree with my historicist prophetic beliefs.

The Prophecies of Jeremiah

The pattern shows that in the defeat of Iraq by the United States, God symbolically demonstrated and uninterrupted history in which He defeats ancient Babylon as the Old Testament prophecies predict. The United States defeated Iraq in the same time and method as ancient Babylon defeated Israel. This causes the final punishment of Babylon over 2520 years later and passes the kingdom to the final power called Babylon the Great. This power will be defeated by God in a pattern that is similar to the defeat of Ancient Babylon by the Persians. This is why I find it so fascinating that we are trying to pick a fight with ancient Persia (Iran). It will complete our military defeat in that region.

The Bush Presidency
It is very spooky how much the personality of George W. seems to merge with Nabonidus and Belshazzar.
In early 2005 he began to look as if he was imploding from within. Perhaps he has had to confront the reality of the war. Rumors suggest that he has begun drinking heavily again. He is aloof, constantly on vacation and seems out of touch. He has aged visibly this year and physically looks as if he is being propped up by strings. If this continues he might even have a mental illness also. So all the personalities appear to be converging in this one man. The man under whom the United States seems to be waging an unsuccessful war with nature and with the international community. Babylon the Great is falling!
China is positioning itself to be world leader when the United States crumbles under the weight of war, debt and a failing national infrastructure. But, according to prophecy, the United States will be the last superpower. Sorry China

The End of the United States
In this time of the end, it seems that we will be at the mercy of many nations. Revelation 17: 17 even seems to predict a war or mutiny with Europe. Ancient Babylon was defeated by Cyrus the Great, the Persian King. The United States will be defeated by Jesus Christ who takes on the symbol of the Persian king. We will probably also have a significant confrontation with Iran. Therefore, the reference to "many nations and great kings will make him their servant" is probably parallel to the events in the phrase "He shall come to his end and no one shall help him". (Daniel 11: 45)
Since we must maintain some control to manage a global persecution, this fulfillment might be the current embarrassment that we have been facing in the world since our misguided war on Iraq. Our enemies are challenging our military and economic ability to confront them. Smaller nations and our enemies are mocking our ineptness and misfortunes in the war and in the natural disasters. Larger nations are waiting to see if they will emerge as the next super power.
If these are the dynamics, then it appears that along with the religious component, a wave of nationality will sweep across the country as we try to maintain our political and economic status. This will cause many to persecute all negative statements that are critical of the United States and its government as acts of treason.

Pretty interesting stuff, IMHO.

The rabbit hole does go very, very deep. Hence the name SUN MATRIX.

To me the whole concept of pagan religion being seeded into Christianity, and the efforts of the Roman Catholic Church to cover up its roles in prophecy by introducing the ideas of Futurism and Preterism, encompasses the greatest conspiracy in the whole world today. What the Bible calls the “Great Deception”. The forces of the other side have worked quietly behind the scenes for thousands of years just so they can fool the “very elect if possible”.

[edit on 9/30/2006 by defcon5]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Well, it’s a Christian perspective, from a Christian point of view anything that God has specifically told us not to do, that is worldly, or evil is sinful. If this is not your personal perspective then so be it, a true Christian will realize they cannot change your perspective by ramming it down your throat and will follow the words of Christ and:

Luk 9:5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.

It is not up to a Christian to convert or change your heart or beliefs, as they are only a channel for God to do so. Any Christian that is claiming that they converted anyone is not truly a Christian as they are taking the Glory from God in something that only God can do, which is change someone’s heart.

Glad to hear that. Maybe you should talk to some other zealots out there (not only christian one's though)

Now, has God specifically told Christians and Jews not to follow certain other religions? The answer to this is yes. Even more specifically as a Christian or a Jew you are to have no other gods besides the one true God.

Just out of curiosity, the bible mentions other religions? Please give me some refrences on this, and links too

Saying that a Christian has a Narrow view of the world is inaccurate; a Christian simply sees the world for what it is; a creation; however, they follow the rules of the creator. Part of those rules tell Christians and Jews alike that there are many that will have a differing opinion on things but you are not to partake in their behavior if you wish to be a Christian/Jew. We are to be “in the world” not “of the world”. Anything that is “Of the World”, especially if you start to love it more then you love God is potentially an evil thing and placed there as an obstacle by the great adversary of man.

Now various religions have various rules, all set by the "Creator/Creatress". Which set is right? See my beef is not only with Christians but with any religious inidividuals who close their minds to the possibility that their 'way' may not be the ONLY 'way'

As a Christian someone did not show up at my door one day and say, “ today its your turn to decide what is right and wrong”, its God through his Word which decides that for us. If you don’t like our set of rules, then no one is twisting your arm to follow them, and as far as I am concerned perhaps someday you can take it up with the boss as to why he set his rules the way he did.

Now as to why you often hear of things that are evil or worldly being satanic, its because the great advisory of man uses worldly things to distract and win away Christians. After all Satan is the great adversary, this is even what the name means by definition:

Satan
Satan \Sa"tan\, n. [Heb. s[=a]t[=a]n an adversary, fr. s[=a]tan
to be adverse, to persecute: cf. Gr. ?, ?, L. Satan,
Satanas.]
The grand adversary of man; the Devil, or Prince of darkness;
the chief of the fallen angels; the archfiend.

Your meaning is wrong. Satan is a direct mutation of the word "shaitan". Now Shaitan does not stand for The Devil, but A Devil (as in "That little devil broke my window") Simply it is used to call any individual who causes mischief and confusion. There is no "Fallen Angel" involved here.

Now a question for you, if Christianity is so wrong about everything, they why is there such a concerted effort by all you non-believers to try and constantly knock it down?

Christianity is NOT wrong. Christianity has a beautiful set of beliefs. It is an amazingly simple and loving way of life. It is people who are wrong. It is zealots who brandish their own personal delusions as Christianity that are wrong.

Personally it smells a lot like fear to me…
People generally try and discredit something when it gets too close to a truth they do not like or cannot accept.

Nope sorry. No fear here
I am not interested in dicrediting Christianty. Not at all. The only thing i am interested in discrediting are the "Christians" that go about branding everyone who are not like them as Devil Incarnates. Like the post at the start of the thread, which tried to explain all the other similar stories to the birth of Jesus as the "Devil's Work". Those kind of things. I hope that makes it clear for you...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join