It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ethanol costs you more money, use LPG instead!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   

External SourceQ3: How much does the ethanol cost to drive as far as on 1 gallon of gas?
A: Using the figures above, $4.91.
This is because it takes 1.5 gallons (more accurately 1.483 gallons) of ethanol to give the energy in 1 gallon of gas. 1.483×$3.31 = $4.91.

source: zfacts.com...

basically, ethanol costs us more than gasoline, its a negative energy fuel, its less fule efficient, and it picks up water and other contaminants something bad. it can't be transported by pipeline because of contamination issues, so it has to be trucked all over the place. of course, tractor trailers don't run on sunshine and lolipops, they run on gasoline, and that most likely has 10% ethanol in it.

ethanol is a distraction, like daylight savings time.

instead of ethanol, look into switching over to LPG. its 30% or more cheaper than gasoline blends on the market. you do the math!

LPG links:

www.wps.com...

jhh

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Propane has always been a good alternative for carberated cars, only lose about 10%
But how difficult is it to convert a fuel injected car.

A lot of countries also have lng. There are a lot of options out there including 50mpg+ diesel cars that this country refuses to allow. Ideally I would like to see 3 or 4 options to jump on incase problems occur like we are experiencing now. Enthanol incase we get cut off,lng because that market crashed making it almost free, and petroleum for the efficiency. All I need is a car and a pump and I would have no problem giving up oil.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
In reply to the first post:

Whether it is a good idea or not depends on whether if you travel much by car or not. If you do, then it'd be a good idea because the high cost of installing an LPG-fueled engine would be returned. If, however, you scarcely travel by car, it's a loss of money. In my country, the difference between petrol and LPG prices is $1.

join