It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Just how do you medtitate? What kind of techniques are there? How do you stay away from the bad kinds too?

-Dagger

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
You relax, close your eyes and let your mind drift, eventually you'll end up thinking of nothing and you'll be meditating.

And what you you mean "the bad kinds"?

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The way that I started meditation was a technique called relaxation meditation. How I did it is I laid flat on my back, with my handson my thighs and my eyes closed. I breathed deeply through my nose while I told myself, starting with my feet, that my body was relaxing, after I felt my body relax, I focused solely on my breath until my mind was done wandering on thoughts of the day and whatever else, then let my mind blank out. I've found this to be a good technique for beginning with.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I dont know any mediation techniques are anything like taht, but I do know you can control your breathing(1st and easiest) ,heart rythem, , body temp, and level of consciencous through mediation.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
That's how the relaxation technique works. Start with the easiest, controlling your rate of breath. Walk before you can run. A person can't just alter their level of conscioussness the first time they meditate.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I started up doing some hypnosis. It's been prety damn relaxing so far. But i dont know if i've been in a trance...but i'm assuming so because some things have been weird and i'm really really relaxed n comfy, and well one file said i wasn't going to remember anything from it...and i listened to it the first time and i didn't remember what it said i just knew i had to wake up coz he was telling me too. I played it again afterwards and i remembered but woah...ya can get pretty comfy.

Listening to the hypnosis mp3's taking you deeper and deeper, laying on ur back listening to them in bed, is sooo damn relaxing and makes ur body relaxed and heavy and clears ur mind of thought.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I create a metaphor of my mind.

First I let my mind wander like others have stated. Slowly I begin closing things off to it, forcing it to forget things.

Eventually when all is silent I design my library of memories and walk through it's halls. I can access most of my memories from there.

Another technique I do is relax and focus only on God/Jesus, until I fall asleep.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 12:20 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join