It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

about moderators

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
after reading the replies
better put the cheaque book away then

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I was picked cuz i'm so cute.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Lord, if they picked you based on cuteness then the standards have REALLY slipped!

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
There are 3 basic criteria to become a mod.

1- Never ask to be one.
2- Have a love for ATS.
3- Have NO life.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I think Zap is looking for the big B..

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

1- Never ask to be one.
2- Have a love for ATS.
3- Have NO life.

well 3 out of 3 aint bad for me lol, im beginning to wonder there is anything else on the net other than ATS im here all the time if not on ATS then in Tinwiki lol

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   

1- Never ask to be one.
2- Have a love for ATS.
3- Have NO life.

Hey I resemble that remark.

Good posting is one of the biggest I think, but being a good member is also important. No one knows for sure how exactly the Three Amigos goes about thier choices (I have my suspicions that it involves like a few eyes of newt and a bubbling culderon) but if you look at the moderator list you will notice that the turnover is really low given the size of the board and the staggering numbers of posts that are generated here. So they clearly seem to have it dialed in.

Edit: I want to squelch the rumor here and now that Intrepid and I are AI built into the system
(But man that Canadian personality sub-routine took alot of time..... ooooops did I say that out loud?)

[edit on 7/8/06 by FredT]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Edit: I want to squelch the rumor here and now that Intrepid and I are AI built into the system
(But man that Canadian personality sub-routine took alot of time..... ooooops did I say that out loud?)

[edit on 7/8/06 by FredT]

Zwee, click, click, screeeeeeech. Beep.

*resists urge to discuss moderator clothing*

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Zwee, click, click, screeeeeeech. Beep.

*resists urge to discuss moderator clothing*

Execute program 17234thong8837.exe

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
FredT and intrepid,
report to the ATS übercommando immediately! We got a situation!

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I know NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia

well 3 out of 3 aint bad for me lol, im beginning to wonder there is anything else on the net other than ATS im here all the time if not on ATS then in Tinwiki lol

Thats a good sign. Members who contribute and are here on a reguler basis are just one of the things that count. (I think)

Actually I don't know what crystal ball the admin look into when choosing the mods, I just know they have done one heck of a job because I respect the hell out of the mod team the site has right now.

As for me, I fell in love with the site and made it my homepage on the first visit. I contributed where I could and had fun. Thats what was important to me. Have fun, learn and try to give back to the community.

One day I signed on and had a U2U offering me the position of being a mod. I was stunned. I thought about it for about 1.5 seconds and realized that i'm always here anyway so I may as well do what I can to help out. It was an honor.

Modding has it's downside though. I don't contribute like I used to and i've seriously considered stepping down so I can spend more time being creative and contributing more to the sites discussions and growth. I've no doubt the day will come when I do just that.

Still, while it lasts it's better than any E ticket at Disneyland. (And if your old enough to remember E tickets at Disneyland then you'll understand)

wupy

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Benefits Package

Originally posted by mrwupy
Modding has it's downside though. I don't contribute like I used to and i've seriously considered stepping down so I can spend more time being creative and contributing more to the sites discussions and growth. I've no doubt the day will come when I do just that.

Well I'm hoping that's no time soon. Don't forget that mods can take vacations like any other member.

And there's nothing wrong with budgeting your time as a mod and spending the rest just enjoying being a member.

Definitely ATS can always use more love and light, and I love your moderating style (believe it or not, our dour old mrwupy is a very nice mod).

And besides, looking at how some mods like to hijack threads and cause trouble *cough* *cough*, we need a man like you around.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

And there's nothing wrong with budgeting your time as a mod and spending the rest just enjoying being a member.

It has taken awhile but that has slowly started to dawn on me. My creative side is kicking up and I wrote a story that I posted in BTS tonight and i'm about to make a podcast and i'm dreaming of the next writing competition. Perhaps it is possible to have the best of both worlds

wupy

[edit on 8-7-2006 by mrwupy]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
We know what's going on.

You mods are not fooling anyone.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Wupy's World

Originally posted by mrwupy
Perhaps it is possible to have the best of both worlds

Yes, my friend, you can have it all!

(And um, see you at the cattle mutilation party later tonight)

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

(And um, see you at the cattle mutilation party later tonight)

THATS TONIGHT? DAMN! I'm also suppose to be at the NWO meeting and reporting on the forumn posts to the government and my nazi uniform is at the cleaners which is run by the aliens from reticulus uma (who always put too much starch in my underwear.)

OK, OK, I'll be there. Just let me go get my time phase machine and i'll displace the appropriate matter to make all my meetings.

Good thing the members can't see this post [/modtalkoff]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I knew it! I knew you mods were the REAL reason the cattle were getting mutilated! They tried to say it was Bob's fault because he was new, but I had a feeling there was more behind it.

Oh crap, here comes the red flashy thing again. *sigh* *goes off into the corner to get ready for the flashy thing* Can you guys at least give me a HAPPY memory this time?! Please.

[edit on 7/8/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I believe this answers all.

So this is where you all train.

Seriously though...

You all do a BANG up job and one that gets VERY little recognition. I'm somewhat familiar with that kind of job. HAHAHAHA

Keep it up guys we need you.

Semper

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join