It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government will be spying on your blogs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I am not a blogger, and do not really get too interested in blogs. because they seem to me like listening to any and every persons diary on a day to day basis. For the most part, the majority are boring, but the government does not think so.

The US gov is financing a research study to develop software and surely protocol for analyzing your every blog to find if you are up to no good. The key is that the project focuses on analyzing "what" the blogger is interested in the course of time. For example, a suspected terrorist might blog unsuspectingly about his job and relationships, but may occasionally blog a rant about the government or their opposition. This study seeks to find the ability to pick out timelines of when people who blog do such things and thus try to connect patterns in a way that they could be people of interest to the anti-terror Nazis.

This is from an article the US Air Force website:

LINK

My Edit: I had to add that the fact that they are developing this means they have already tried to analyze blogs for information and find that it cannot be done effectively for their needs. The government is already watching everything done on the net.

[edit on 8-7-2006 by ben91069]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I think you're right about that fact that they have already tried.

This software would take a while to sync up, perhaps a few years to get into proper running order once activated, as it has to catalog every blog and establish good timelines for what the author is posting about. But it sounds like a good idea and it may well work, although I dread to think the amount of false alarms. The fact that they are matching specific topics to real-world events is obvious but would require a bit of work to set up and to then operate successfully.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Well I can see why we are so worried today about protecting our privacy in todays day and age. However if you are posting things for the public to read that is no longer private. Secondly if you are posting things to which the government would take concern in the first place, i.e. drug trafficking, threats against an institution...

You are
A. An Idiot
B. Deserve to be caught.

So, this should cause very little concern to the everday blogger, not to mention one should be carefull about what one puts in public view as it is.

[edit on 8-7-2006 by Scyman]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Well, I hope they DO spy on my blod.

After reading it, they will all be so bored to death that they will fall asleep. Then the system will crash and we will all be free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its the Evil Elf Conspiracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I'm not really sure I understand what the problem here is? I think that should give us all more incentive to speak our minds about current issues in our blogs.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by zenlover28
I'm not really sure I understand what the problem here is? I think that should give us all more incentive to speak our minds about current issues in our blogs.

I disagree. The US government knows when people dislike an idea. People protest and march all the time and it is within view of anyones eyes at any time. It isn't really a matter that US citizens complain what they want or dislike any more that changes the govt. policy. Honestly, do you think the Gov. makes agendas based on popular opinion?

IMO they certainly do not, but make agendas based upon their own understanding of what THEY think the people will accept with a good measure of giving the best results to their own priorities - to themselves and friends higher up.

If, for example, you blogged that you disliked the Iraq war - the government might construe you to be a terrorist sympathizer. Would you want that without being given the benefit of the doubt?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I think you're being overdramatic. I sincerely doubt they are going to consider you a terrorist sympathizer because you disagree w/the war.

top topics

join