It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pirates of the Caribbean 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I DEMAND MORE ROTATING SWORDFIGHTS IN MY MOVIES!!!

no movie will ever be complete for me ever again, without a rotating swordfight. not even snakes on a mo********* plane is going to make me happy unless they have some circus-ass swashbuckling going on. omjesus.

ps - i can't believe nobody else has made a thread about this movie.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I have already seen it a couple times. I love em (1 & 2) they are probably my favs at the moment. they are so much fun to watch. plus depp does an amazing job. the second one really compliments the first with all its little jokes and hints at stuff that happened in the first one. its the little stuff i like. plus the swordfights of course.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Why is no one talking about this movie?!? I thought it was absolutely fantastic! My only complaint was how they left you hanging at the end. It wouldn't be quite so upsetting if the 3rd installment was coming out this Christmas.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I liked the first one better. Pirates 2 suffered from the same problem as Matrix 2. It's one thing to have an open ended movie with the possibility (but not necessity) of a sequel, but to cut the movie in half makes me want to demand half my money back.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 25cents
no movie will ever be complete for me ever again, without a rotating swordfight.

What about the rotating triple guns on the front of the Flying Dutchman. Wasn't that sweet? Pretty high-tech for a pirate ship don't you think? The second movie was excellent. I don't like the ending because it makes me want to see what happens next. Not fair. I loved how they brought in Capt. B at the end. Nice touch.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I have to say, Dead Mans Chest is the best movie I've seen this year, it had brilliant fight scenes, really witty dialog and pirates!

What more could I ask for?

Oh, yeah, the third one! Now!

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Havent seen it yet. But does anyone know where it was filmed on location ?

The Black Pearl was filmed on location in St Vincent in the Caribbean and I was living there at the time and managed to get a bit part in the movie because they were short on white people to play the soldiers.

It was three days work and quite boring as you spent most of the day hanging about waiting for your scene.

When I finally watched the Black Pearl I eneded up with a 10 second fight scene !

Anyhow that was my 10 seconds of fame !.

Oh also I got to ride in the same boat as Orlando Bloom one day !

JM

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Ive' heard a lot off diffrent things about this film one of my mates said it's so horrible worse than the first made him want to kick the director in the mouth.

[edit on 16/7/2006 by SE7EN]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I saw it yesterday....it was good, but not as good as the first one. I thought it dragged on a bit too much at times, could have benefitted from about 20 minutes less.

The story was complicated, and they don't do that good of a job filling in everything on Davey Jones. They should have done a better job on the back story there. In addition, I don't get why the EIT is so "evil."

Like, you expect them to develop that a bit, but right now I just don't care about those guys. Other than just being super aggressive cut through businessmen, there isn't anything more to it. They need to be vilified a bit more.

On the flip side, much darker than the first one. Significantly more, so much so that I wouldn't bring a kid to see it that's under 10, period. Maybe under 12.

-O

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
i thought it was such a good movie!
did anyone else notice the barnacles on bootstraps face were opening and closing!
gave me the chills that did!

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I think the first one was a tad bit better. The sword fights lasted too long IMO. It's liek how long can you run around trying to entertain the audience with circus acts... all though amusing.... still a good movie watch it NOW

new topics

top topics

join