It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super-Hacker Gary McKinnon Will Be Extradited To United States

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessit
reply to post by DYepes

I would like to see CIA set foot in Ukraine or Russia, they will be slaughtered there haha

Hahaha, yeah. In the entire history of the US and Russia/USSR the CIA has never set foot in Russia, especially during the cold war. They did it all with Binoculars.
sorry but silly statements like that draw my attention.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Curious though, how did they catch him if our system was so vulnerable anyone with malintent could have been spying. Russians, Chinese, Israelis and Europeans could have been in our system, but did not get caught eh?

I do not believe it was as easy as just walking up to a door and turning a knob to find out it is unlocked.

He was caught because he "chatted" with someone who happened to notice what was going on on the computer he was connected to while downloading UFO pictures.

Read up on this case and what Gary said happened, you'll see he didn't actually break into anything since the door was wide open and you'll have a chuckle when you read the story about his chat with the person that noticed he was on busy on that system.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Notice there's a lot of Americans on here saying he should be extradited and go to jail. Hey, wonder if you'd have the same opinion if the Anglo-American Treaty was as one-sided against American Citizens as it is against British Citizens!

By the way: Gary's appeal at The Law Lords is pencilled in for 30th July 2008. If it doesn't happen then, The Lords are in recess til October. We'll have to wait and see.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Ok .. let me say this here and now...

~He will either die on the way there,
~die before the trial starts( if there is one, since he can be held indefinitely without trial)
~die while waiting for trial
~die immediately after the trial
~die shortly after the trial
~die sometime after the trial

Kinda like what happened to madam ..

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well, he's certainly got to die sometime!
Covered all your bases on that one.

If Gary does have an ace up his sleeve he's certainly kept it schtum! He says he hasn't and that he didn't find anything fantastic out during his raids into enemy territory. The Americans themselves are in two minds as to what to do with him; criminal courts or military courts?

Personally I think he was just rooting around and found he could 'hack' quite easily. Wrong place, Wrong time! Now his life is awfully messed up and our govt has sold out it's citizens rights to the Americans with no counter-balance. Typical!

Hopefully The Law Lords will see sense. If not he's taking it to Europe. Bloody good on him!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Super-Hacker?????

Puhleeeeease! The reason their inflating his abilities is to deflect the quite valid criticism that we were paying millions in computer security contracts to 'safeguard' our systems, and as usual, the contractors did as little as possible.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
To be honest, it's not about 'hacking'. It's about the British Govt. being a lap-dog for the Bush admin. and signing away our rights to a fair trial without even asking if we, the British, might possibly have the same powers when it comes to American citizens breaking British Laws from a remote location. Tear the Treaty up! Or at least make it equal.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
For all of you who aren't aware of the treaty mentioned in the above posts I've posted a link to a press release, follow the links in that for full versions of the treaty:

www.statewatch.org...

See what I mean about Garys case not being about hacking .................

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join