It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will it take?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I've been reading through some posts on this board and I've just been wondering, what will it take before we can prove aliens and alien spacecraft are visiting Earth? Im just wondering what your opinions are. What does it require before we can prove that something strange is going on. Obviosuly all the photographs, eye-witnesses, crop circles, videos, physical traces, agreement between witness accounts, physical evidence, hypnotic regression, recovered implants, etc. aren't enough. So what will it take?

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
they make a televised landing. Or the government admits they have contact. Other than that i think the government will cover it up, or say someone's looney.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yeah, Uniderth has it good. Either the government confirms an alien presence or if the aliens make a landing on television.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I'm not even sure a TV cast wold be a good thing either
think about War of the Worlds original radio cast and all the panic

Maybe if it were to be on tv it would have to be a few days in advance
as in "We see a ship or something coming for earth on this day , watch to find out"

Internet streams aswell would be good (for those who don't watch tv)

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
it wont take anythng if the aliens feel that they wanna reveal themselves then they will in the mean time lets dance

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by uniderthI've just been wondering, what will it take before we can prove aliens and alien spacecraft are visiting Earth?

Extra ordinary claims require extra ordinary evidence

Im just wondering what your opinions are. What does it require before we can prove that something strange is going on.

Indeed strange things do occur – but IMHO you are leaping ahead of the evidence and drawing a conclusion that strange happenings = EBE piloted UFOs , when in actual fact there are many different explanations for the multitudes of “ strange “ events which are observed , also Some things only APPEAR strange , because they are ill understood .

Obviosuly all the photographs, eye-witnesses, crop circles, videos, physical traces, agreement between witness accounts, physical evidence, hypnotic regression, recovered implants, etc. aren't enough.

At this point , I feel compelled to turn the question back on you slightly , and ask :

“ why are these ` proofs ` insufficient ? “ I will leave that open for a while

So what will it take?

A dammed good question .

IMHO , to achieve what you ask requires one thing :

An alien that WANTS to announce its presence , That is all

The current crop of Physical evidence , the ` alien implants ` etc are IMHO laughable .

The catalogue of ` lost and stolen ` articles that were hailed as “ proofs “ seems like a mind numbing procession of keystone kops farce .

As does , for that matter the revelations that aliens reportedly impart to alleged contactees , Just once I wish that aliens would impart some information that sounds like it is important enough to be the message from An alien that traveled light years to get here , Rather than the New age psychobabble and vague philosophical platitudes what seem to be the norm .

Do we really need aliens to come and tell us to “ be nicer to one another “ do we ???

Such data down loads as detailed in The Hercules text– an award winning novel by jack mcdavitt , Or Sagans ` contact ` are what I refer too

Artifacts or memes that CANNOT have originated on earth – and that change / expand our understanding of a key science on numerous levels at once would convince me

The slerpo affair is a prime example – the slurpers failed despite an alleged 20 year mission to an alien world to produce one piece of evidence that stood scrutiny.

And then they wonder why there are skeptics

Self styled ufolgists are the biggest impediment to their own credibility yet .

9LC

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by uniderth
I've been reading through some posts on this board and I've just been wondering, what will it take before we can prove aliens and alien spacecraft are visiting Earth? Im just wondering what your opinions are. What does it require before we can prove that something strange is going on. Obviosuly all the photographs, eye-witnesses, crop circles, videos, physical traces, agreement between witness accounts, physical evidence, hypnotic regression, recovered implants, etc. aren't enough. So what will it take?

true man but the sad fact is that the general public is brain washed to a point where they would see a ufo and still not be able to think for them selves...

the goverment was able to modify peoples perspectives to a point where some people actually cheer for war.. so that is a scary thought.... soon we will sell poor people and eat them and the people still won't have a clue.

new topics

top topics

join