It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PS3 powered by Apple!!!! *rumor*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Yeah there a rumor going around saying that the PS3 is powered by apple!!!!! Here the link that I found out.

ps3.ign.com...

Let me remind you guys it still a rumor but I'll like to see what you think about this.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Update to earlier story: A short while ago, we received an official comment on the appearance of the Apple logo from a Sony representative. "In a recent update to the PlayStation 3 section of the us.playstation.com website, an external error was made during the upload process and the Apple icon was mistakenly placed on the site. We immediately fixed the problem and apologize for any confusion this may have caused."

from the site

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Oh so much for that thank you for the update mod can you end this topic please I jumped the gun

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
There was a rumor long before about apple getting with sony, when news of the new systems came out.
There was also rumor that lynux might get some help and bring there console out
which the prototype looked like an atari 2600 wish I had that link, and the system.

What I'm sayin is you didn't jump the gun was a rumor long ago and that little thing on there site just brought the rumors back.

Only thing I can come up with is that they had the logo there for mac software.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I see so this has been around awhile. Do you think they will work good together? You seem to know more about this.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
That is not correct. The PS3 uses a new type of processor called a cell processor developed by IBM and SONY. Back when Apple used PowerPC's SONY approached Apple and try to sell them the Cell Processor for the Macs. Steve Jobs said no and switch to Intel chips...

Therefore the development kit for the PS3 is a computer designed by SONY that runs Linux.

What is true is that for the XBox 360 which uses PowerPC processors, Microsoft shipped G5's running Windows NT as the development kits...

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Thanks for clearing it up.

new topics

top topics

join