It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Canadiens what do you think of Americans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
well that is a perfect reply danwild6 ! I must admit you have surprised me with you're sense of humour, you're class, humility and style. You obviously picked up my sarcasm, and I appreciate that (more then i can say for someone else..."ass").

I think any "worldly" american would admit though that the "typical" american sure stands out, and certainly leaves an impression. I used to work at the airport, and without any bias I must say we could tell them a mile away, fully admiting that the non typical ones would certainly just pass right by the old radar unnoticed. something i'm not sure could be said of us canadian's? maybe i'm wrong there.

Peace yanks.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Hmmm, the cultural expanse of Canada can be expressed in a glazed and a coffee? I'm shocked... Surely there's more?

Of course. Timmies serves soup and sandwiches too.

Every Canadian has the ability to translate cereal boxes with ease. For example, sans sel ajoute mean no added salt and pavres on gras means low fat. Add to this the knowledge that agrandies means enlarged and meilleur avant means best before and you've got a tres sophisticated poplulation who is ready to deploy at a moments notice in the event of any kind of cereal box translation emergency.

We also have about 20 different meanings for the phrase I'm sorry which non-Canadians often mistake for an apology. This is usually not the case but perhaps it's a factor in people thinking we are polite.

And yeah, we've got a lot of comedians.

[edit on 9-7-2006 by Duzey]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I have nothing against Americans. I'd rather live next door to them than, let's say, Iran.

And I like how they spell words like labor, honor, and valor without the 'u'
Why is the 'u' in there?

And they say loo-tenant, not left-enant
Show me an 'f' in loo-tenant, and I'll say left-enant.

And they skedule, and not shedule.
If you say shedule, you should go back to shool.

Yes, I am Canadian. But I also use common sense.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Canadians+Americans=BFF!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thekherham
I have nothing against Americans. I'd rather live next door to them than, let's say, Iran.

We use the 'u' because the first significant wave of immigrants were British Loyalists who either fled the American Revolution or ended up here as refugees after it ended. Personally, I like the 'u'. I have a preference for words with an even number of letters. That's why I like cheque better than check. It just looks nicer to me.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Yes, some words I do spell the 'Canadian' way

cheque is one of them

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Hey you gave the world Wildboyz - what more needs to be said? Is there any other way to travel?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Americans - everyday common people are just surviving just like any of us Canadians, seeing society change due to the policies the govenments put into place to make the rich richer and to control the little people, I've travel both in the USA and Canada and see both sides simular, Ignorant not because they know, but that is how they are taught to be. So in all fairness I would say I'm unhappy with the US, its Pushy view. "your with us or against us", Thats crap!! We wont always agree, Your government is a big bully, and stops short of nothing. As a youngster in the 80's i loved the US and the people, enjoying the visits. Now I choose elsewhere and could care less. I'm thankful to be Canadian.
thats all i have to say.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join