It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neo Nazis getting into the U.S Military

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
according to the AP:

Neo-Nazi and white supremacist hate groups are taking advantage of relaxed recruiting standards to infiltrate the US military to get combat training, a civil rights group reported.

The Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks domestic extremists groups, called on US Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld to adopt a zero-tolerance policy toward white supremacist groups in the military.

"Neo-Nazi groups and other extremists are joining the military in large numbers so they can get the best training in the world on weapons, combat tactics and explosives," said Mark Potok, director of the center's Intelligence Project.

"We should consider this a major security threat, because these people are motivated by an ideology that calls for race war and revolution. Any one of them could turn out to be the next Timothy McVeigh," he said.
=====================================================
read the rest of the article here:
NEO NAZIS GETTING INTO THE U.S MILITARY
=====================================================

You know i never really paid much attention to this. but the director of the centers intelligence project makes a good point. i think it would be really stupid if we ended up being the ones that trained the person who did something like mcveigh. although im sure its impossible to weed all of them out there must be something we can do.

Digitalgrl

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
oh crap neo nazis in the military! neo nazis can be more dangerous then these muslim suicide bombers if they are trained in americas army

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Wasn't there a thread not too long ago that stated the same thing except the people who were getting into the military back then were gang members? Back when I was a Navy recruiter, the standards were much higher because we were in peacetime. During periods of peace there are more people willing to join in exchange for education benefits or other carrots. During war, it is much more difficult to find people who are willing to volutarily enlist. The choice is to either relax recruiting standards or implement a draft. If recruiting gets much worse, we'll see a draft.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Timothy McVeigh was not responsible for the bombing of that Government Building. If you do some research on it you will find out that there were two more bombs in the building that didnt go off that were much bigger than the first. He was not the smartest bloke and somebody caught on to his ideas and what he wanted to do and the government covertly orhestrated its own 'practice for 911' on that day.

There are many places on the web that deal in the facts on this, but I do not have the time at the moment to chase up links, maybe later.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I agree with Dark Elf. Let the cueballs join the army. We can get some use out of em for a change.

This is war time. Id rather drop recruiting standards than implement a draft.

Besides, the racial make-up of the military is more and more non-whites, especially in positions of leadership. These punks will get a sound beating if they start running their mouths off. Might even beat some sense into them.

And if that fails, well, this is a war, send em up to the front lines if they want combat training. With any luck, terrorists, snipers, or roadside bombs will take care of the problem for us.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
As far as I remember, an individual can be a mamber of a "dissident group," but they can't be an active member. For example, an individual can be a neo-nazi prior to joining, but once in he/she can't actively participate with the group. I have met a few guys (at a house party) who were neo-nazi before joing the military, and came out even more racist. They wanted to kick my a**, but instead they got beat up by a bunch of the party goers. From my experience, racism is pretty rampant in the military, but it's not something that's acknowledged.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I'm sure there is an equal amount of racist blacks and racist hispanics in the military as there are racist whites.

[edit on 9-7-2006 by ImplementOfWar]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seeking Nirvana
As far as I remember, an individual can be a mamber of a "dissident group," but they can't be an active member. For example, an individual can be a neo-nazi prior to joining, but once in he/she can't actively participate with the group. I have met a few guys (at a house party) who were neo-nazi before joing the military, and came out even more racist. They wanted to kick my a**, but instead they got beat up by a bunch of the party goers. From my experience, racism is pretty rampant in the military, but it's not something that's acknowledged.

Racism is pretty rampant. But it goes all ways. I found just as much black one white racism, as well as Mexicans against blacks, blacks against Asians, ect. So it goes on all streets.

And no, you arent allowed to be part of a dissent group that is violent in its beliefs. They really cracked down on it after the OKC bombings because McVeigh was part of a dissent group, though not very active, when he was in.

We got a couple days of briefings and stuff after the bombings, and anyone who was associated with a group was told to end all ties imiediately, else they could face disciplinary action.

When I first signed up in 91, I was told the communists are forbidden from joining. Dunno if thats still in effect.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Racism definately went all ways. I'm asian, but I don't feel that I experienced any racism while I was in. Well, not extremely blatant racism. People always thought that I would have an accent, but once I spoke they would say something like, "Oh. You don't have an accent." To which I normally just replied, "No, I don't." However, that was while in Nebraska. In Nebraska people thought that I was a Mexican. When I went Okinawa people there thought I was Japanese. In Korea the people there thought I was Chinese and in China the people there thought I was Japanese or Korean. Experiencing racism as an asian in asia is totally different.

And no, you arent allowed to be part of a dissent group that is violent in its beliefs.

I would have to agree to a degree. Normally, you wouldn't be able to be a part of a dissent group with violence; However, when I joined in 99, the rules were bent slightly. We were told in basic we were told that you could be a member of a dissent group, but you can't be an active member.

For example, when I was in Nebraska, there were a bunch of people who were in street gangs before joining. So the dorms were filled with crips and bloods. It was downright stupid. This issue was not adressed for years. Anyways, we had a mass briefing about the gang activities in the dorms one day, and the commander basically said that if you want to join the military you need to leave your attitude in the "hood." I laughed my butt off, but of course there were some poeple who got offended. Not exactly the best word to use.

Anyways, I always felt that racism has no place in the military, unfortunately, it's not a problem that will go away any time soon.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seeking Nirvana

I would have to agree to a degree. Normally, you wouldn't be able to be a part of a dissent group with violence; However, when I joined in 99, the rules were bent slightly. We were told in basic we were told that you could be a member of a dissent group, but you can't be an active member.

For example, when I was in Nebraska, there were a bunch of people who were in street gangs before joining. So the dorms were filled with crips and bloods. It was downright stupid. This issue was not adressed for years. Anyways, we had a mass briefing about the gang activities in the dorms one day, and the commander basically said that if you want to join the military you need to leave your attitude in the "hood." I laughed my butt off, but of course there were some poeple who got offended. Not exactly the best word to use.

Anyways, I always felt that racism has no place in the military, unfortunately, it's not a problem that will go away any time soon.

It has definitely changed, then. Right after OKC, they got really concerned about people who might be part of some extremist group, since it was the mid-90's the height of the militia popularity.

We also had the same problem when I was in concerning gangs and stuff. Despite ourt NCOs trying to pound in peoples head that the only colors you wore in the army were green, no matter what you thought you were on the block, we had a problem with not just gangs, but idiots who thought they would engage in this whole "East Coast vs West Coast" crap. I remeber that Pioneer Kaserne, where one of the Hanau community military nightclubs was, was a constant magnet for ex gang members or punks to hang out, and knifings and assaults were common there. Its pretty pathetic if you ask me.

We never had racist problems against Asians in my unit, mainly because there were none. However, I remember alot of the Hispanic guys and Black guys making pretty insulting and racist comments about the Asian guys I saw in the Air Force, whom we were stationed near.

Were you in the Air Force? if so, I guess it does prove Asians are smarter, lol, cuz the majority of people I knew in the army I was amazed they managed to fill out the circles in the ASVAB tests.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
IMHO - if any group is infact “ infiltrating “ the US military in organised numbers , then its pretty chuffing stupid to then advertise the fact while on active duty ;flame:

The rationale for gangs infiltrating military units , is pretty straight forward – gain access to training , weapons etc that would normally be beyond their reach etc etc .

But to do that successfully requires that they stay hidden from scrutiny and above suspicion whilst they proceed to positions of greater power and responsibility .

“ tagging “ buildings around their bases in foreign countries just draws immediate and unwanted attention .

As I said , pretty dammed dumb , IMHO .

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
If recruiting gets much worse, we'll see a draft.

There will not be a draft anytime soon unless there is a world war. People would not stand for a draft to go to Iran or Africa, or even fight in Taiwan. I have nephews and neices who are at the age of the draft (well I am too since the age has been raised to 43). All I can say is, America better open up more jails if they are going to draft people for conquests like Iran.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

Originally posted by darkelf
If recruiting gets much worse, we'll see a draft.

There will not be a draft anytime soon unless there is a world war. People would not stand for a draft to go to Iran or Africa, or even fight in Taiwan.

Since when has the government cared about what the people want? If the government can't get the numbers voluntarily, they'll use force (i.e. draft).

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
There are also gang members getting this type of training from the military and taking it back to the street. Its going to happen, it shouldnt even be a shock, theres always a .few bad apples in the bunch and theres no way well ever root them all out before they recieve any training they could use to hurt others with on the street.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
You shouldn't be too overtly worried about gangs getting military training. You'll have to remember that in plenty of countries most men serve in the military and gang members included.

In Finland 80-85% men serve in the military and we have had very few problems with gangs applying military skills (alltough knowing basic marksmanship reduces collateral damage in shootouts approx. 90%
)

[edit on 10-7-2006 by northwolf]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by northwolfIn Finland 80-85% men serve in the military and we have had very few problems with gans applying military skills (alltough knowing basic marksmanship reduces collateral damage in shootouts approx. 90%
)

WOW
thats a pragmatic approach

maybe a radical solution would be to stop them getting guns altogether , then collateral deaths would be zero

^ totally impractical , but i had to put another line in

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   
In a situation where drugdealers are fighting a turf war I:
1)hope no innocent civilian gets a stray bullet
2)As many "!%=#(&)=/&)/&!&/ Dealers go down as possible

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Skadi:

Yeah, I was in the Air Force. We had our fair share of Asians. I noticed that there were a lot of Filipinos (which I am one). However, I constantly got crapped on or got attitude from the other Filipinos. Most of the Filipinos in the Air Force are from the Phillipines, and I was born and raised in Hawaii. Whenever I was asked where I was from I would say Hawaii. Then the inevitable question would be, "So you're not from the Phillipines?" Then they would ask if I speak Tagalog to which I replyed, "No." Normally, that's the point when they would stop talking to me. It sucks to get dissed by my own people, but I'm used to it so I move on.

This is point I kinda have to disagree with you on. When I joined, you had to be a little smarter than the rest to join the Air Force, but a couple of years ago they lowered the ASVAB scores so that the recruiters could meet thier numbers. So we do have a bunch of idiots amongst our ranks.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
the biggest problem with this is that the white supremicists see a future in which there is an all out race war, and they'll fulfill that vision themselves if necessary.

gang members are far less of a threat, though they are a threat, than any group that essentially is advocating a second civil war.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImplementOfWar
I'm sure there is an equal amount of racist blacks and racist hispanics in the military as there are racist whites.

[edit on 9-7-2006 by ImplementOfWar]

there is a line between racism and racial supremicism.

one is a biased belief about a whole group of people, the other is the belief that your race is completely superior and should be preserved by any means necessary.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join