It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We live forever?! Forever?!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I've had my mind spinning on this concept for the past week or two and it is starting to change my perception of my reality.

It just came to me one night when I believe I was talking to God or the spirits... or it was all in my mind I'm not sure. But when I was thinking on this concept while laying in bed I had an almost vision like concept flash to me.

The concept was that we live forever and this life is a "break" so to speak in our real life (as a spirit).

So yes I believe in reincarnation as well as eternal life and I believe everone is only "born" once. I think many of us on Earth are reincarnations while there are also many that are experiencing their very first life.

IDK how I became reincarnated.. perhaps I claimed the womb of my mother before their was spirit or life in the fetus. Perhaps there are species that clone and we can claim a cloned body before life is present.

Now I have no clue in this body what its like to be a spirit and I don't know if bordome is a reality as spirit. What I am thinking though is that I volunteered for this life as well as everone else did for theirs.

My question is do you believe that we actually live forever...?

For me its so hard concept to fathum.

Even if you don't believe that you live forever... and you may believe that we just dont exist after we die, still, immagine you do have a spirit and you do live forever. How does that idea make you feel?

... it makes me feel scared.. IDK why.. I think I fear bordome or fear the unkown.

Please share your thoughts on this.

Also I must add one more thought to this. I think that the longer you have existed the easier it may become to tap into your soul in the physical for hidden knowledge that only your soul would know.

[edit on 7-7-2006 by Techsnow]

Mod Edit: title

[edit on 7-7-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow

There's no indication that anything like yourself - your personality or consciousness - survives death. The energy in your cells is eventually recycled into the rest of the universe, but there's no way you will be aware of that. When you die, the structures you're built of (cells, nervous system, etc.) cease functioning very quickly, so you have nothing with which to sense your environment, nor anything like your functioning brain to make sense of your environment.

Ever had surgery? One second you're lying on the operating table, looking up at the lights, the next you're in the recovery room, trying to put the pieces back together. Being dead is like when you're unconscious under anesthesia. No dreams, no sense of time passing, no nothing. If you could imagine that stretching out for the next infinite number of years, then you'd have a good idea about what death is. A whole lot of nothing.

So if I were you, I wouldn't worry about it.

[edit on 7-7-2006 by Enkidu]

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu

There's no indication that anything like yourself - your personality or consciousness - survives death. The energy in your cells is eventually recycled into the rest of the universe, but there's no way you will be aware of that. When you die, the structures you're built of (cells, nervous system, etc.) cease functioning very quickly, so you have nothing with which to sense your environment, nor anything like your functioning brain to make sense of your environment.

Ever had surgery? One second you're lying on the operating table, looking up at the lights, the next you're in the recovery room, trying to put the pieces back together. Being dead is like when you're unconscious under anesthesia. No dreams, no sense of time passing, no nothing. If you could imagine that stretching out for the next infinite number of years, then you'd have a good idea about what death is. A whole lot of nothing.

So if I were you, I wouldn't worry about it.

[edit on 7-7-2006 by Enkidu]

That concept scares the hell out of me. Being a god fearing person, I would want to go to heaven, hoping that heaven is what you want it to be, like a beach or favorite time in your life. But I am a logic person, and I do realize that this could not happen, I may get recycled in the universe, reincarnated, or just nothing. Hope the beach heaven thing happens though

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Unfortunately this whole concept of life after death or nothing after death is impossible to answer. I have restructured my beliefs time and time again and have yet to reach any conclusion that I find acceptable.

One thing I know for certain though is that you can never stop asking questions. Accepting just one belief as your personal truth is an easy way out.

I could tell you what my personal beliefs are but that's not really the point I am trying to convey. My point is that you need to always ask these tough questions and look for patterns in your own life. Maybe they will lead to something.... ....then again maybe they won't. But if you don't ask these questions constantly you are just taking an easy way out to avoid other truths and theories that may eventually lead you to an answer.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

When I was really young I had two OOBE's, and that has always been proof to me that there is life after death. Also, I am a practicing Christian.

James 4:14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
James 4:15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell

[edit on 7-7-2006 by JohnDoe43]

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
[edit on 7-7-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnDoe43

When I was young I had two OBE's, and that has always been proof to me that there is life after death. Also, I am a practicing Christian.

James 4:14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
James 4:15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell

well said, we shall spend eternity somewhere ethier heaven with saints & angels or hell with the doomed & the damned ethier way we live forever

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Death is a metamorphoses, I know I was there, left for dead and during that time I was able to see me below, also at the same time I was at my sons house and my parents home as well, then I heard a voice, all the voice said is "my name is Yahweh" (I don't believe in religion)and when I repated the name I had a warm feeling, the next I knew I was in my body drowning on my own blood with the ERT member screaming at me don't you F~ing die on me.
I now believe that the biological dies but the spirit goes on, anyway that was my experience .

[edit on 7/7/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
If there is more then one universe what are the chances that there would be twin's ?
It is unthinkable to us becuase the numbers are to big, but there would be.

My point is this....
The universe starts and ends, another one starts and ends...and so on.
When our current universe dies and some point in time a twin will form, then you will be born again. Of course up until that time you would have been dead, so your not aware...so the "time" that pass's to you would be a null.

At least thats what i believe.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   

For me its so hard concept to fathum.

forever. How does that idea make you feel?

... it makes me feel scared.. IDK why.. I think I fear bordome or fear the unkown.

Please share your thoughts on this.

[edit on 7-7-2006 by Techsnow]

I know what you are saying. Imagine you life forever here in the now here on earth. I think with the years you would turn crazzy. Not something I would like to.

But this is most probabily not the 'forever' as you will experience once you go home to the spiritual realm. You have certainly read that time is connected to the physical. As farther you leave the material as less you experience time as we do now. It case to exist.

So the 'forever' if you spawn this to the physical time then yes I would say that's pretty much the case. You will life longer than the bigbang and the end of the universe. In the spiritual I dont know if 'forever' still makes sense when time loses it's validity.

I believe the scary thing on the 'forever' thought is because we automaticly map this to what we know from earth life. So you need to experience the spiritual first to know the difference and maybe then you fell different.

You wont believe me, but I can remember the moment I became fully aware in this life. And I was scared because it was the moment I realised I can't go back for a very long 'time'! This scared me. There where young mothers looking right at me into the baby carriage. I was very very glad about this happy smiles they send toward me. Not that I could read the faces but I feelt the love That gave me hope. I feared the worst.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I can't go back for a very long 'time'!

I do believe you and I think it is amazing.
Can you remember anything about the place you were at ?

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lardo5150
That concept scares the hell out of me.

Well, there's nothing to be afraid of, really. Literally nothing.

Being a god fearing person, I would want to go to heaven, hoping that heaven is what you want it to be, like a beach or favorite time in your life. But I am a logic person, and I do realize that this could not happen, I may get recycled in the universe, reincarnated, or just nothing. Hope the beach heaven thing happens though

Yeah, that sounds pretty good. Nice, sunny beach. Hey, maybe you'll get lucky and that's how it will be. I think, though, that all that kind of talk is just intended to make us worry a little less, so we can get on with our lives without freaking out all the time. Something you tell a little kid so they'll stop crying, even though you really have no idea, yourself. It helps us not dwell on it too much, which I suppose is a good thing. Life does have a few good things to offer, between the misery of growth and the fear and pain of death.

But for the most part, if we concentrated all the time on the utterly pointless and useless nature of life and everything we do and think in it, well, that might depress some people. Might make it hard to get them out of bed in the morning, or go to work, or pay taxes. So if you want to believe in the beach, even though it's probably just kidding yourself, what the hey.

Just don't go loading me into boxcars headed for the gas chamber because you think that's what the "Lifeguard" wants you to do. I'll be dead soon enough, thank you. I still have an instinct for self-preservation working. Even if it doesn't really matter in the long run, there's no need to hurry me along on my journey to non-existence and oblivion.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced

I can't go back for a very long 'time'!

I do believe you and I think it is amazing.
Can you remember anything about the place you were at ?

You mean the' before life' place where I came from and wanted to go back? I wish I could. I know that I knew then. But it's all gone. It's just that bit what I wrote that I can remember for certain. Not much more.

I know 2 other key moments from my baby time to a later time. But they both already were no more connected to a 'before' life. Seems to me that once you enter physical life you forget the before very fast. Maybe it's like forgetting a dream when you wake up in the morning and focus on the material things. I dont know. I am just glad that I could keep that little memory. Guess the 'shock' I had then helped a lot.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
As the melancholy of the day drifts into the night I gazed into the setting sun and realized so much of life that has passed me by. Yesterday a babe, today an old soul and nothing in between to hearken. Searching the last rays warm embrace I am enveloped and now in dream....a new dream, a dream I know not now or have ever known before but it is my dream and no one can take it away.....

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Enkidu, that concept scares me a little less than what I am currently thinking although that scares me too. Althought idea of not existing after death is scary, I can only pray that when I do die and live.. forever, that the concept of not existing after death is the worst possible thing immaginable

I didn't mention in my first post either that I used to think that after you die you just wouldn't exist... now I think otherwise.

The reason I have come to such a drastic change in belief is because in the past month I have started researching near death experiences. Here is an article that suggests what I have come to think about NDE. NDE suggests mind and brain are not the same.

The idea that mind and brain are seperate holds water in the NDE research community I think (correct me if I'm wrong). If this concept is true then WHAT is the mind

Could the mind actually be our soul?
Could I have gone through this phase before even in the after life... fearing the forever? I think I may have IDK why though.
When we die could we just be a floating mind forever?

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
"What the caterpiller calls the end of the world the master calls a butterfly." Richard Bach.

I've also heard that "believing that there is no life after death is the ultimate in optimism." I'd love it if it were true but i'm not that big of an optimist.

No, I believe that it would be easier to stop the sun from shining or the season from changing than to stop the growth of the eternal soul.

Have we reincarnated? I believe we have. Why you may ask? Because we chose too.

Free will was not a gift to the mud and blood you call this body, it was a gift to you. You had it before you came here and you chose to come here. You have it now and you will still have it when you pass on to the next world.

Of course these are just my personal beliefs but thanks for giving me the chance to share them.

Love and light my friends,

wupy

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
ok so i just got done with the previously mentioned NDE article above.. and had a thought:

what if the reported light at the end of the 'tunnel' when near death, is actually the light from the world for the infant being born?

(catchin what i'm throwin?)

i think i said it right.. pretty much being reborn .. i guess? i donno. i'll see when i get there

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
dont want to depress you with the news...however when you die your like a drop of water in the endless sea...
That is, you will not remember or recognize yourself anymore than you are aware of the work your cells are doing on an individual level or how they are not aware of you...(to them the cells say there must be a God...)

thats its...end of story.

some can possess eternal life, but unless there is a secret that we can obtain through our mind, then im afraid you wont be getting in on the secret (unless you have friends I dont know about.)

peace

dalen

Solomon said in Kohelet (ecclesiastes...spelling) that you need to enjoy life now, as you will be in the ground and its over.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Wow dAlen..... Thanks!

I'm so glad you cleared that up for me!

This is a case in point of what I am talking about and this comes from both sides of the whole religon/life after death debate. People are so quick to tell you that your belief is wrong without ever giving any substaintial information backing it up. The fact is, is that we have no clue about life after death and these people who are so sure that when you die, this or that or nothing is going to happen to you are just taking an easy way out because they are either too stubborn or just gave up.

You will never be sure unless you go there yourself and if you do, we will probably question your sanity anyway
It's a funny little paradox really.

I just can't stand this absolutist argument that is put here and they are so certain its fact. Ask questions and stop giving answers.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I've got glued to this thread

I can relate to almost everyones point here. I don't know what to say, but..
I'm a positive person(well I had to be) like you, I have change my concepts in what I believe over and over. reincarnation, christianty, buddism and spirtuality.

I'm begining to think (no offence to believer's out there) that it's a load of comforting.. that is what religion is, something to fall back on. Yet religion offers nothing, no proof, no evidence and nobody knows life after death.. cus even if you knew your gonna die, your not coming back anytime soon....

The Universe for one is not going to be sympathic to use, but make the most of it.
I thought about this for the last few weeks, and I thought if "gone is a goner" then we should be grateful that we are at least "here" whatever way you want to put it. I mean your one in 6 billion!!!

It sadness me, to see so many passing away even now and I'm still young. some from carcrashes and accidents and some from sucicide. and have left scars in the family to their children and so on.. it really is pessismistic, there's is no point in comforting anymore. I look at people everyday who are succesful and I ask the question why are they? why are they making so much money, what is motivating them to be so successful. I understand that they want to make the most of life, maybe this answer my own question. But. We are still going down a dreadful path 6ft under to rot....

anyway that's my two cents, before it's the end of me....

up:

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join