It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boomerang

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Flying saucers farewell?

"...It's not an egg. It's not a football shape. It's not a cigar. And it's certainly not a flying saucer.

Tim Butler, a sound engineer from Durango, says he saw a silent, silver, flying boomerang � about 40 to 60 feet long � sweep over Fort Lewis College while flying a little higher than 1,000 feet, according to a report in the Durango Herald.

Strange UFO seen in Colorado

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Sound like it resembles an experimental aircraft mentioned on this page

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This is similar to something I saw in about 1997 while viewing a lunar eclipse. It was completely black, boomerang shaped, absolutely silent and at a very low altitude. It just glided across the sky almost right over my head and I felt like I could have picked up a rock and hit it! It was a very surreal experience.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
This is similar to something I saw in about 1997 while viewing a lunar eclipse. It was completely black, boomerang shaped, absolutely silent and at a very low altitude. It just glided across the sky almost right over my head and I felt like I could have picked up a rock and hit it! It was a very surreal experience.

That is very cool. I would lean towards a black project rather than extra-terrestrial/dimensional.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I just read that article and its very interesting.Anyone know if there is any Military complex in Colorado ???

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Military bases in Col.

www.cspringsonline.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
wow very interesting. anyone have any info. perhaps on propulsion system for this thing.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kronos
Flying saucers farewell?

"...It's not an egg. It's not a football shape. It's not a cigar. And it's certainly not a flying saucer.

Tim Butler, a sound engineer from Durango, says he saw a silent, silver, flying boomerang � about 40 to 60 feet long � sweep over Fort Lewis College while flying a little higher than 1,000 feet, according to a report in the Durango Herald.

Strange UFO seen in Colorado

This Discription sounds like a Northrop flying wing design. It's probably an advanced stealth design. I've been fallowing the flying wing and stealth programs for years. My personal research has lead me to conclude that the US stealth program split along design developmental lines around 1980-'82. One half of the program turned toward more conventional designs, this lead to the F-22\F/A-22 and the F-35. The other half turned towards more
"Exotic" Designs like the flying wing.

Tim

(mod edit to correct format )

[edit on 17-2-2006 by pantha]

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The northrop flying wing does not explain away sightings of true and very large boomerang type craft. Sorry but it does not.

These crafts are rumoured to be those of the lizard aliens and are similar in construction to the pyramid and triangular crafts seen also. Flat black seemless construction with no windows or markings whatsoever. Total stealth.

The US military has some similar crafts but crude in comparison with windows lights, noise and obvious propulsion systems. Often not as varied in size and not as large in extreme cases.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Apparently, David Duchovny of X-Files saw something similar to you while out jogging...

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega1
wow very interesting. anyone have any info. perhaps on propulsion system for this thing.

i have a feeling it's related to the B2, antigravity seems to play a key role here....
just a hunch

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
The northrop flying wing does not explain away sightings of true and very large boomerang type craft. Sorry but it does not.

These crafts are rumoured to be those of the lizard aliens and are similar in construction to the pyramid and triangular crafts seen also. Flat black seemless construction with no windows or markings whatsoever. Total stealth.

The US military has some similar crafts but crude in comparison with windows lights, noise and obvious propulsion systems. Often not as varied in size and not as large in extreme cases.

I doubt these UFOs would rely on passive stealth systems like the US uses. More likely a kind of "plasma stealth" active system is used. That way, your aircraft can be any shape you want.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lampyridae

Originally posted by THENEO

I doubt these UFOs would rely on passive stealth systems like the US uses. More likely a kind of "plasma stealth" active system is used. That way, your aircraft can be any shape you want.

u cant be serious....do you consider this technology to exist? and if so...link?

why wouldn't they take the form of a knife-like boomerang....any suggestions on other forms? they should so take on the form of a pig..that'd shut people up.

dont get me wrong....im not a critic,
i just think it's amazing that a plasma "membrane" could possibly encase and make up a structure, for what it's worth...im ready to listen to and maybe believe your argument.

[Edited on 28-10-2003 by Cyrus]

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Well, the boomerang is only good for a flying wing: ie if you want good lift at subsonic/transonic speeds. Pointless otherwise, as a simple cylinder, sphere, oblate or saucer is a much more effective distribution of hull mass. If you have antigrav, why bother with wings?

Below is a link to what I was talking about. Note the plasma spike for hypersonic vehicles. I think our elusive Aurora may be using this tech (the spike).

Page on Russian Plasma Technology

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
House just got buzzed by a flat drone. The approaching, black boomerang was suggestive of the stealth shape, but you could see 2 little props in the back and hear the whining noise. As it slowly climbed, you could see the top - two tail fins toward the middle, a blue light on each wing tip, and a flat, rectangular, white thing on the right wing.

Way too big to be a model. Seemed too flat for a person to be inside. Plastic-looking surface with no apparent solar cells.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
heres an article on helios, a solar powered unmanned research craft. Why i post this is because in 2002 i was on holiday and saw this flying at medium altitude. We all started screaming about UFO's and snapping away - A lady called the local airbase but they said they didn't have any thing on radar so we must not be seeing anything real.

Read this article or just skip to the end. amazing! a solar powered stealth craft.
news.bbc.co.uk...

I post this because of all the "Flying wings " seen in the sky. This is bloody huge and looks freaky when seen glinting in the sky.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Hmm this is an old thread that I never saw before. Returning to the original post it strikes me that nobody mentioned in reply that the original 'flying saucers' reported by Ken Arnold were also silver boomerang shapes.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Hmm this is an old thread that I never saw before. Returning to the original post it strikes me that nobody mentioned in reply that the original 'flying saucers' reported by Ken Arnold were also silver boomerang shapes.

The thread appeared in a Yahoo search I did when trying to identify the craft I saw. When I posted my story, it apparently got bumped to the top of the list, again.

top topics

join