It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Website that ASKS YOU about "THEY"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Hi guys, just came across this site will researching my ICQ number and since I couldnt PM the text below because of a lack of posts, I'll post it here:

---
hi there,

just came across this interesting forum while researching where my ICQ number was posted.

One of the threads referenced a site at tomorrowresearch.com (thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...)

Good job on finding the information, while most of it is outdated or incorrect - some bits and pieces are actually correct.

I'm guessing you love conspiracies and you probably even more so love to solve one, so I'll help you a little:

The other guy, Josef, has a father with the sama name - so your information, while correct, doesn't relate to the person you're actually referring to.

The information on me is mostly outdated, like I said - I haven't worked with RoboCode for probably 2-3 years now. As far as the "farting" goes, I wouldn't really call it just that. RoboCode, is, as the name implies, related to coding, not so much gaming. Basically you code your own bots and then let them fight each other, notice flags, write code to fix the flaws, compile, fight, repeat ... [EDIT: sorry, missed the "passing interest" part in your post ...)

Basically, since you got my ICQ number, you could have used that to research me even more and you'd have found out that I never played WoW. What's the Army MMORPG? I only know of america's army but that's hardly a RPG, now is it?

JSquared really got it right the first time. The whole site is related to Scott Sigler's book called "Infection". As far as your claims of "age" and "anarchy" go, let me assure you that both are incorrect. I'm guessing you got that information from "scroll.at"? If so, your translation is flawed, in German forums, the word "Anarchy" is used to denote forums that contain threads / topics that are totally unrelated to the main topic(s) of the site.

You were also inquiring about the connection between Josef and me, well - again a little more research would have solved that question too: we both were active posters on "scroll.at".

What I don't know really is why all the people get so worked up about you finding out the information you found. 90% of it I could dig up with a standard whois, and by using the names I could dig up all the other stuff too, really nothing to it.

Oh, and when you update the thread there, inform the people that the picture "ufia" posted isn't really the Josef you're looking for.

As far as my employment goes, that information is probably the one piece of information you totally managed to mess up. Since I've never been employed fulltime and only work freelance, I don't consider myself unemployed. Neither did my last employer go belly up, in fact - they are still alive and kicking.

Names can be deceptive and there's more than one "liquidblaze", more than one "kay" and more than one "josef" out there. Nice try, just not good enough.

---

[EDIT]

on yet another note: the location information you have about me is outdated as well. Come on - you can do better than that... "scroll.at" holds the answer :-)

[edit on 24-7-2006 by liquidblaze]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   

What I don't know really is why all the people get so worked up about you finding out the information you found. 90% of it I could dig up with a standard whois, and by using the names I could dig up all the other stuff too, really nothing to it.

You missed the point. Your site had been pretty much pegged as an imitation of Sigler and the thread was sort of bogging down, so I went way over the top with a tongue-in-cheek "expose" of the site holder, using nothing but your icq number and 5 minutes on google, which UFIA finally pointed out. At which point, the thread sort of degenerated into general silliness and died.

Humor doesn't translate well, I guess. I was trying to write it like a game show announcer would introduce a contestant.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
my bad in that case, to my defense, I have to say it was around 2 am though ...

don't get me wrong though, I really loved what you could came up with. It was fun reading thru all of it...

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I really liked the graphic on your website.

You got a lot of interest, too, I found a lot of links back to the site.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I have to argee, this seems to just be some prank or experiment. At any rate I would never give out any info to a site like this, it could very well be a virus, worm or other sort of disaster waiting to happen!

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
tranceport, let me try and put your fears to rest:

the site was set up for listeners of the novel "Infection". We generally didn't anticipate other people discovering the site and as such didn't really bother to think about any scams or other dirty tricks we could pull.

in general, we, - I, to be precise, only expected readers of the book to actually submit something - and they did. We had many empty mails (probably around 1k, but also some 200 good ones, some of which will probably be read out during one of the last episodes

Most submissions only included the time it was submitted and any data the person would supply us with. No field was mandatory and like I mentioned, many people just hit the submit button without ever filling in anything.

Sure, I could have pulled up the hostnames / IP addresses and UserAgents of every submission - but then again - why would I do that? I seriously have better things to do than to analyze where the main part of the listeners are coming from or which browser they use. We are already tracking that on the main site, so no use in doing the same thing twice.

As far as worms and virii go - well thats a big NO for me. I probably hate virii and trojans and all the oster nasty toys as much as you do and infecting our users with them (even though it would be kinda ironic) would only serve to alienate any listeners.

Apart from that - no one ever forced anyone to submit their data thru the site. If people do - fine - if people don't - fine :-)

[edit on 25-7-2006 by liquidblaze]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I just called the number on the site from skype. Its all BS. It was some kids voice trying to make it sound like a computer voice. They said someone will be coming to see me soon. lol.

nice gag, but im not buying it.

VM

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Alright, I've been away from this thread for a long time. So whats going on? Did we find out what this site was all about?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Alright, I've been away from this thread for a long time. So whats going on? Did we find out what this site was all about?

Liquidblaze is the site's creator, so you have a first-hand chance to ask him.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Liquidblaze,
So can you please tell me exactly what this site was about then? I still can't peice it together from these other posts. Also, I did email the address associated with the account and got a very strange response back asking me if I was one of those people, and that I should send my information to them immediately so they could help me. So what exactly is going on? Please let me know.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
so I'm guessing that you are Corey?

The idea of the website is to help single out people "infected" with a fictional lifeform.

The website was entirley built as an easter egg for the readers / listeners of the novel "Infection", a story by Scott Sigler ( scottsigler.podshow.com... ).

The site doesn't really serve a purpose besides that - it's a there to amuse the listeners and it's become a tradition to hide one or more of these easter eggs in Scott's stories.

Puzzle solved?

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Indeed. Puzzle solved.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
glad to be of assistance :-)

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Tranceopticalinclined

Search for a novel called Infected by scott sigler, Hate to burst your bubble. Awesome site though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join