It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Good News in Iraq

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Anyone in the mood for some good news?

I thought I would start this thread and try to keep it going with positive things happening in realms normally negative.

Source: "Advisor"

As a result of Iraq’s democracy, the country now has 18 governorate councils, 90 district
councils, 437 neighborhood councils, and
citizens have been given the freedom to vote.

I remember my first time voting. What a feeling of freedom and patriotism!

Source: "Advisor"

About 46,000 Iraqi police officers worked to keep law and order in
2004. In the two years since, Iraq’s
police force has grown to more than

Things are getting better over there for our fellow human beings. Lets not forget that either, they are our fellow humans. They deserve to enjoy the basics of life as much as we do and how grand an enterprise it is to be assisting them.

Semper

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Iraqi Minister of Interior Jawad Al-Bolani speaks to the 444 new graduates of the Baghdad Police College June 29. The primary theme
of the day was respecting human rights, which was demonstrated by all
graduates taking an oath to the people of Iraq and the Iraqi constitution.

Source : Advisor

More and more the Men and women of Iraq step up and fill the police and security roll in their own country. Brave men and women, living under the fear of roadside bombs, snipers and homicide bombers; they want the freedom so long from their grasp.

Semper

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
keep it up!..let the Iraqi Democrey spread... and let other nations feel it and let them understand the new reality

[edit on 8-7-2006 by Jamie6661986]

[edit on 8-7-2006 by Jamie6661986]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
This makes me feel happy you give me hope for the better thank you.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Its good news, but they've got a looooong way to go and will have to spill a heckuva lot of their own blood before they have a nation.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
That is true but it nice to dream right. I feel what happening over there is horrable but I spend so much time looking at the bad I forgot to look at the good. You know what I vote semperfortis for a abovetopsecret award

So here you go

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Iraqi soldiers hand out blankets and medical items to an Iraqi woman at a
schoolhouse in Habandiya during a
joint visit with U.S. Marines May 6.

Source : Advisor

See it's not all about the fighting and killing. Little actions like this go on a lot more than what is reported.

Semper

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Thanks el che

I just thought some may appreciate some good news mixed in all the bad.

Semper

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It's all just BS propaganda..the Iraqi security forces show up for the money..they consider the govt of Iraq a puppet for the Americans or a useless technocrat govt for the US offices that serve as a shadow government..

the most recent propaganda the Americans have used is one little raid in which some Shiite civilians and some gunman were killed..this is some big success

they try to reshuffle the deck by saying things like Mahmoudia is now under Iraqis control (a nearly empty quarter) or a part of Dayla province is now under Iraqi control (a part that has nothing in it)..but ultimatly it's the same security situation since May 2003 with a $7billion/month price tag and US personel getting killed everyday, getting attacked 50-80 times a day..withno end in sight, if they can get there troop #s down then lets see it happen instead of promises promises

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jajabinks
It's all just BS propaganda..the Iraqi security forces show up for the money..they consider the govt of Iraq a puppet for the Americans or a useless technocrat govt for the US offices that serve as a shadow government..

the most recent propaganda the Americans have used is one little raid in which some Shiite civilians and some gunman were killed..this is some big success

they try to reshuffle the deck by saying things like Mahmoudia is now under Iraqis control (a nearly empty quarter) or a part of Dayla province is now under Iraqi control (a part that has nothing in it)..but ultimatly it's the same security situation since May 2003 with a $7billion/month price tag and US personel getting killed everyday, getting attacked 50-80 times a day..withno end in sight, if they can get there troop #s down then lets see it happen instead of promises promises

In order for US to get their numbers down, they must keep the Iraq police and soldiers numbers up instead of them getting kill to and from work.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I'm sorry, I did not know you were there.

Everything you are saying is off the pages of the New York times.

Try going there, maybe you will see that what is being reported in the Advisor is true.

By the way, the company I was with will pay you 180K if you want to go. Then you can see what is going on instead of quoting the pacifist talking line.

Semper

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The New York time is a very good newspaper but report the good is important but we must try to see the truth no matter how ugly.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
whats the point as long as a nation like china exsits no one is safe from their retardedness
jk besides it doesnt matter as long as these religious suicide bomber nutcases live, iraq will never be safe hehe

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   
More good news from the front.

U.S. Army Sgt. Jason Foy and a local Iraqi man gently lower Abdul Karim Salman
into his new pediatric wheelchair June 29. Foy, a combat medic with 4th
Battalion, 11th Field Artillery Regiment, participated in a mission to deliver
and fi t wheelchairs for local Iraqis, donated by charitable organizations in the
United States.

Humanitarian efforts continue with the Soldiers being the forefront of the "ACTION."

Coalition soldiers, media and other audience members gather for the
opening of the Center for Military Values, Leadership and Principles at
Rustamiyah July 3. Coalition forces currently run the center but the Iraqi
Government is expected to take control in early 2007.

Leadership, military values, principles; all very familiar words to us, yet how wonderful to see them being asserted in Iraq.

It's happening over there folks, the birth of a nation of values.

"Courtesy of the Advisor"

Semper

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
If I go there I will need to drive around in an up-armoured convoy and hope I don't get blown away by a bomb.. correct.. the entire Eufraties river valey is a combat zone.. sectarian violence.. contractor firms so desparate that apparently they'll pay anyone 180K to go there.. you have been there but you see what you want to see and believe what you want to believe-most likly spent the whole time confined to a base..the NY Times is just reporting the situation, they go there like when I used to go to lebanon and see a typical protracted guerilla war.. at the rate of 'progress' the US is making, the war will be finished more than 20 years from now, the US will be bankrupt in 2.

Originally posted by semperfortis

Try going there, maybe you will see that what is being reported in the Advisor is true.

By the way, the company I was with will pay you 180K if you want to go. Then you can see what is going on instead of quoting the pacifist talking line.

Semper

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Cough. Cough. Cough.

What????

Been there, not like you say it is.

'Nuff Said'

Semper

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

Semper

You have voted semperfortis for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
You got a way above from me. Thanks for the reminder. You have been there you say? Can you write something about it? I would love to see your story and thought put here since so many of us (including myself) are completely ignorant of what is really going on there.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Build,

I was there as a contract employee for a short time, teaching, right after the initial fighting died down and was in Lebanon shortly after the Barracks was Bombed in 83 when I was in the Corps.

Maybe I will write something about that on a thread. Not a bad idea.

Semper

ps. Thanks withoutequal...

[edit on 7/10/2006 by semperfortis]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Semper, I agree that there are good things going on, but lets be honest, the source, Advisor, is a magazine published by the US government and intended for US military personnel. If you feel that the NYT is propaganda, then how can Advisor be anything other than official propaganda??? I mean, the truth is between the newspaper headlines and the government publications, no?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join