It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking a steroetype.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Hi.

I live in the greatest country in the world in my opinion - England. That makes me European.

I think that people who elect to go out and kill other people, or condone such actions, be they via gun, bomb, torture or whatever are sociopathic idiots. It doesn't matter what their race, creed colour or religion is.

I'm not religious personally.

I've never met an American who I didn't like, and I have - fortunately - had the pleasure of meeeting quite a few.

My grandfather fought in WW2 alongside Americans. He taught my father never to forget the sacrifices made by all sides in the conflict, and my father passed those sentiments on to me.

However,

I think that US foreign policy is misguided. I personally believe - from what I've seen - that George W Bush is an idiot. The world - to me - is not a safe place with Bush and his current cronies running the US.

So, am I Anti-american?

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Wow. No ones touched this. Is it too much of a conundrum?

I must admit I thought I would have had some interesting answers.

Time will tell

[edit on 7-7-2006 by neformore]

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
You don't sound anti-American to me.

But then again, I'm not an American. Opinions may vary.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Oh, don't feel bad about it. We understand the most of you folks in the world don't necessarily hate Americans as people and individuals. That's what stereotyping is all about. We know about the whole "ugly American" thing, and try as much as we can not to be too obnoxious and awful.

We also understand that you might not dig American foreign policy. Hey, a lot of us don't, either! We try to elect people you think will be good representatives, but like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get. So the next time a big election rolls around, we'll try to get rid of the bums responsible.

Still, we do have something of a Democracy, and there are a lot of people who have a lot of different ideas about how to run things. So getting those people out of office isn't guaranteed. Our Southern states, in particular, have got this chip on their shoulders about being whipped in our own Civil War 150 years ago, and it's still a sore spot with them. They're also a little on the kooky religious side, too, and it's kind of a bad combination. But I'm stereotyping, of course.

Anyway, we're sorry about having to blow up so much stuff and twisting arms and torturing people. If you look at your own history, you can see how sometimes this stuff gets out of hand. We'll try to do better in the future, just like everybody else. But it's hard when everybody wants to turn the steering wheel in a different direction.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation!

new topics

top topics

join