It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary McKinnon IS being extradited.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Gary McKinnon, the British hacker who hacked into the US military's computer network is being extradited to the US to stand trial.

A Briton accused of the "biggest military hack of all time" is being extradited to the United States.

Gary McKinnon, 40, faces more than 50 years in prison if convicted in the US of sabotaging vital defence systems.

He said he was planning to appeal against the decision, adding: "I am very worried and feeling very let down by my own Government."

McKinnon portrayed himself as an amateur hacker who used a dial-up modem to access sensitive government networks from his bedroom in Wood Green, north London.

He said: "I was amazed at the lack of security and the reason I left not just one note but multiple notes on multiple desktops was to say, 'Look this is ridiculous.'

Source: www.sky.com...

So he's definately going then, i think that was pretty much guarunteed though.

Does anyone else feel he'll be made an example of with this one? I'm looking forward to see how they explain the thousands of pounds worth of damage.

Amazing is'nt it, he could get 50 years for this, which basically amounts to hacking into computers that were irresponsibly left insecure enough for him to do so, (and in which case has anyone been reprimanded for the lapse in security?) yet if he'd have raped a baby here he'd have probably got a couple of years!

I'll never understand the way our goverments think.

CX.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The British goverment are sellouts.

You might as well rename the "British Labour Party" as the "Americican/British Sock puppet Labour Repuclican Party".

If it had been the other way around and an American Hacker hacke dinto the British gov Computers and the British wanted the person extrdited and the Americans said "no" the British goverment would instantly drop and ignore it.

The British are becomming Incredibly weak and it's starting to really piss me off how much we bend over to America. No offence to Americans or anything i don't really mind supporting the Americans but to follow them around like where there dog is pushing the Limits.

This guy broke the law i personally wouldnt have a problem extraditing him but only if i knew the Americans would have done the same in the same situation which i highly doubt they would have if we had asked them to do the same.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I agree, there is no reciprocity when it comes to extradition between the U.S.A and the U.K. This is unacceptable.

CX

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Sorry, just seen theres already a thread on this,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Can a mod lock this one please? Thanks.

CX.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I need a guy like that atm, I been harrashed by some ips in Russia. I wish I still had hacking knowledge, only thing i could do was a mass ping attack and they did 21 trojen drops on my ass. But i know a few tricks, I have my ip bounched off 3 different comps atm trying to figure out how to combat this.

top topics

join