It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US nuke defence only 50% ready.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Senator Elizabeth Dole of the Armed Sevices Commitee has just stated on Fox News that the system the US has for shooting down any nukes that may come the US's way is about 50% ready, meaning theres about 50% chance that they could shoot one down if it was incoming.

I bet thats reassuring for you guys across the water then! How much money has the US spent on defence? Has any of it gone on nuke defence?

That's quite concerning if you ask me.

CX.

[edit on 7/7/06 by CX]

[edit on 7/7/06 by CX]

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   
The way I read it is that the system is only 50% of what they want in a finalsied system, but I thought that teh current interceptors where 80-90% accurate or so ?/

CX

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Hmmm, maybe i read that wrong then? Either way, i wonder if they'll speed up the finalised system now?

CX.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Could this be disinformation planted by Dole to make NK think it is only 50% ready???

The timing of this information release is suspect to me. I realize it is not 100% ready at this time yet I feel it may well be more then 50% because the government never tells the truth when it comes to weapons systems.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Well that is mighty reassuring!! Do you really think it might be dis-information?

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
Well that is mighty reassuring!! Do you really think it might be dis-information?

Absolutely! Think about it given the current situtation; what better time to release false information?

I know if I wanted to set a trap that is what I would do.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Considering that it was a zero percent chance of intercepting a missile in the past, 50% is a pretty big improvement.

shots
I know if I wanted to set a trap that is what I would do.

Set a trap?
If the US has a system with 100% accuracey, then, yeah, it'd be a good idea to make other countries think that it can't really shoot them down. But a trap? A trap implies no real wrongdoing on the party that has been trapped. If NK shoots a nuke at the US, they've not been 'trapped' or something.

top topics

join