It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7/7 11.00 GMT - Pay Your Respects?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
18 replies to this thread? And there are thousands among us?

I have to say i am disgusted at the response to this thread. People died here on this day. Just like in 9/11 but on a smaller scale. Never the less, people died through the same and self thing as 9/11. Terrorism....

Instead of all the derogatory remarks, and speculation as to conspiracies, why don't people openly give their feelings?And remember those who died through the selfish attitude of the suicide bombers??????????

After all, that is what this thread is all about, to those who died.....................

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Originally posted by firebat

Terrorists give their bodies up for their cause, however evil it may be. It's the friggen meaning of the word for crying out loud.

Firebat is right, we have to admire their ruthlessness and capacity to blow themselves amongst civilian populations, like schools, funerals, mosques, etc.

Do you not know how to read? All I said was that according to the definition of the word 'coward' the terrorists, by and large, do not fit that description. Although their cause, to kill innocents, is one of evil... the way in which they do it does not make them cowards. It's quite simple, actually. A coward is someone who puts their own safety and well-being ahead of everything else. If ANYTHING, terrorists are the opposite of cowards. I really don't know why it's so hard for some of you to understand such a simple concept.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
hmm for some reason i never seen this thread,

there were few others where myself and others shared are experiences of that day

A year on - a Londoners perspective Pt1

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by firebat

Do you not know how to read? All I said was that according to the definition of the word 'coward' the terrorists, by and large, do not fit that description.

Its called sarcasm.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
If, by sarcasm, you were implying that my statements regarding the meaning of the word 'coward' were those of someone who supports the intentional killing of civilians, then yes, I did catch your sarcasm.

If, by sarcasm, you were making a joke, implying that anyone who challenges the notion that terrorists are cowards is UNJUSTLY attacked and criticized, then I apologize for not catching it. It's just that your post seemed identical to past posts by those who don't seem to understand what the word 'coward' actually means.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Gentlemen, please take this to PTS or U2U, this is not a debating thread.

If it is mods please tell me so we know , other wise I suggest you (Fire bat, delta) learn to keep what ever opinions you have to yourselfs or go to PTS and slug out the pros and cons of suicide bombers.

This is suposed to be about paying respects not about who is right , wrong or otherwise.

Disgraceful both you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join