It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

7/7 11.00 GMT - Pay Your Respects?

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
At 12 noon today (11.00 GMT) we in the UK will be having 2 minutes' silence to remember the 52 people killed in the Tube & Bus Bombings

news.bbc.co.uk...

Feel free to join in wherever you are and take a moment to remember:



RUSSELL SQUARE


James Adams, Samantha Badham, Philip Beer, Anna Brandt, Ciaran Cassidy, Rachelle Chung, For Yuen, Elizabeth Daplyn, Arthur Frederick, Karolina Gluck, Gamze Gunoral, Lee Harris, Ojara Ikeagwu, Emily Jenkins, Adrian Johnson,
Helen Jones, Susan Levy, Shelley Mather, Michael Matsu#a, James Mayes, Behnaz Mozakka, Mihaela Otto, Atique Sharifi, Ihab Slimane, Christian Small, Monika Suchocka, Mala Trivedi,

TAVISTOCK SQUARE


Anthony Fatayi-Williams, Jamie Gordon, Giles Hart, Marie Hartley, Miriam Hyman, Shahara Islam, Neetu Jain, Sam Ly, Shyanuja Parathasangary, Anat Rosenberg, Philip Russell, William Wise, Gladys Wundowa

ALDGATE


Lee Baisden, Benedetta Ciaccia, Richard Ellery, Richard Gray, Anne Moffat, Fiona Stevenson, Carrie Taylor


EDGWARE ROAD


Michael Brewster, Jonathan Downey, David Foulkes, Colin Morley, Jennifer Nicholson, Laura Webb
(punctuation added by me)




news.bbc.co.uk...


RIP fellas


[edit on 7-7-2006 by Strangerous]




posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   
RIP

'They were not afraid'

Nor are the people they left behind





[edit on 7-7-2006 by snatchypaws]



posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Terrorism is a cowards act.

On July 7th, London was attacked and everyone was effected. Something I will never forget about that day, it was the sadness that went through our hearts. United Kingdom has had decades of terrorism, mainly the IRA (which is still a problem cause two splinter groups have threaten to carry out attacks) and even the bombings by Nazi Germany, but we never was defeated.

You can break our bones, shed our blood and drop our tears, but you will never break out spirit.

RIP

infinite (Daniel) United Kingdom Citizen.

(feel free to use my avatar www.yafle.com...)

[edit on 7-7-2006 by infinite]



posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
They were killed by their own Government and Intelligence Services.

R.I.P



posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Communication_Burger
They were killed by their own Government and Intelligence Services.

R.I.P


Please show some respect and do not taint this thread with conspiracies.

Today is a day where we remember those who died, not point the finger at who is to blame.

[edit on 7-7-2006 by infinite]



posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite


Please show some respect and do not taint this thread with conspiracies.


I showed some respect when I typed R.I.P in a large bolded text. Please don't try and tell me what to do. You have already 'tainted' this thread with your own conspiracies, anyway. A bomb plot involving more than one person is still a conspiracy, no matter who carried it out. Look the word up in the dictionary, because the actual meaning escapes people sometimes.


Originally posted by infinite
Today is a day where we remember those who died, not point the finger at who is to blame.

[edit on 7-7-2006 by infinite]


That didn't seem to stop you pointing the finger. 'Oh the Cowardly Terrorists. They will never prevail.' I guess you have to 'point your finger' in the right direction, to have the desired effect, huh? You can get yourself all hyped up by Television Newscastings all you like, but don't take it out on me, Mate.

Again: R.I.P to those killed. It was a tragedy.



posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Terrorism is a cowards act.

On July 7th, London was attacked and everyone was effected. Something I will never forget about that day, it was the sadness that went through our hearts. United Kingdom has had decades of terrorism, mainly the IRA (which is still a problem cause two splinter groups have threaten to carry out attacks) and even the bombings by Nazi Germany, but we never was defeated.

You can break our bones, shed our blood and drop our tears, but you will never break out spirit.

RIP

infinite (Daniel) United Kingdom Citizen.

(feel free to use my avatar www.yafle.com...)

[edit on 7-7-2006 by infinite]


You can call terrorists whatever you want, but they are NOT cowards. They are brave in their own way. It does take a lot of guts to get passed security and perhaps if you saw it from another perspective, you would think differently about it.



posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticalUnicorn
You can call terrorists whatever you want, but they are NOT cowards. They are brave in their own way. It does take a lot of guts to get passed security and perhaps if you saw it from another perspective, you would think differently about it.

Pardon me if I disagree. About as loudly as I can, as well. Any person who goes out of their way to deliberately target innocent civilians - men, women, children - and kill in such a barbaric way as using indiscriminate bombing, is a coward. An utter, complete, abhorrent coward. The scum who let those bombs off don't deserve any sympathy at all.

And I say the same thing about the IRA.



posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I WILL stay on topic with the sentiments that the original poster intended.

My memeories and thoughts go out to all those involved in the attrocities that happened that day.



posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Jesus, keep it on topic for Chris's sake chaps, it's a time to remember and reflect.

I am standing on the steps of St Pauls Cathedral as I type this on my new SPV C550.

We're still here

We're still getting on with our lives

We're still going to work, meeting friends, having fun

We're not going to bow to anyone, this is England and we're a proud race

We can't be beaten because we can't be broken.

Benjj



posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by benjj
Jesus, keep it on topic for Chris's sake chaps, it's a time to remember and reflect.
I am standing on the steps of St Pauls Cathedral as I type this on my new SPV C550.
We're still here
We're still getting on with our lives
We're still going to work, meeting friends, having fun
We're not going to bow to anyone, this is England and we're a proud race
We can't be beaten because we can't be broken.
Benjj


Absolutely right. I came into work today at the usual time, I'm on lunch now, looking around, enjoying a sandwich and gazing out on the great city of London. We didn't bow to Hitler, we didn't bow to the IRA, we won't start bowing now.



posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmind
Absolutely right. I came into work today at the usual time, I'm on lunch now, looking around, enjoying a sandwich and gazing out on the great city of London. We didn't bow to Hitler, we didn't bow to the IRA, we won't start bowing now.


Spot on
Well said.

RIP To those that lost their lives on this day.



posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
I WILL stay on topic with the sentiments that the original poster intended.

My memeories and thoughts go out to all those involved in the attrocities that happened that day.


I agree heartily with both sentiments.

I suggest everyone else do the same.



posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
My thoughts are with our friends in the UK on this day of remembering the victims of that horrible attack.

I've gotten to know a lot of people who are from the UK over the years (mostly through ATS), and you're a good bunch even if you do spell funny.

Anyways, we in NYC know the feeling and we stand with you as you remember the people who were tragically taken from you a year ago.

May none of us ever know from these things again.



posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
RIP, victims of pointless violence worldwide.

Innocent lives should never be used as pawns for any goals, the people of London should never have had to experience such widespread pain and devestation. When you use a bomb, the "destruction" goes much, much further than just the explosion, it leaves families shattered and spirits broken, besides the physical casualties.

My heart goes out to the families of the victims.



posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
There are no words to express my sorrow for those who died that day and those who's lives where changed forever by that day, to qoute Laurence Binyon:

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years contemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."

Thats usually reserved for rememberance day , I thought it fitting for today...



posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticalUnicorn

Originally posted by infinite
Terrorism is a cowards act.

On July 7th, London was attacked and everyone was effected. Something I will never forget about that day, it was the sadness that went through our hearts. United Kingdom has had decades of terrorism, mainly the IRA (which is still a problem cause two splinter groups have threaten to carry out attacks) and even the bombings by Nazi Germany, but we never was defeated.

You can break our bones, shed our blood and drop our tears, but you will never break out spirit.

RIP

infinite (Daniel) United Kingdom Citizen.

(feel free to use my avatar www.yafle.com...)

[edit on 7-7-2006 by infinite]


You can call terrorists whatever you want, but they are NOT cowards. They are brave in their own way. It does take a lot of guts to get passed security and perhaps if you saw it from another perspective, you would think differently about it.


I guess you have never served in the military. COWARDS are disquised in many ways, and to credit their actions is in its own way cowardice. Oh and I see it from another perspective, but with 25 years of serving my country I will never highlight terrorist, but for what they really are COWARDS.


bih

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
why is this post in here in the first place
this aint a church



posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by webbie0612
I guess you have never served in the military. COWARDS are disquised in many ways, and to credit their actions is in its own way cowardice. Oh and I see it from another perspective, but with 25 years of serving my country I will never highlight terrorist, but for what they really are COWARDS.


It doesn't take service in the military to know the meaning of coward... it's basic stuff you learn in elementary school.

From Dictionary.com:

'Coward -- One who shows ignoble fear in the face of danger or pain."

Terrorists give their bodies up for their cause, however evil it may be. It's the friggen meaning of the word for crying out loud.



posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by firebat

Terrorists give their bodies up for their cause, however evil it may be. It's the friggen meaning of the word for crying out loud.


Firebat is right, we have to admire their ruthlessness and capacity to blow themselves amongst civilian populations, like schools, funerals, mosques, etc.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join