It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Stephen Hawking needs your help!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
?

Since the world has allways been in chaos, and that today it is in a less chaotic state than normal.....why should the question need any sort of answer?

Isn't this seeing things via a set of Rose Colored Glasses though. The MSM Spin?

I see a world in turmoil, unlike anything that has occured in History.

You see a better place.

Funny how that is Nygdan. Eh?

I'd be surprised if we, as we are today, see 2025.

but I guess thats perspective.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
My feeling about this has remained consistent over the years. If I were alive 100 years from now it would surprise me the human species had survived so long. Our technology is advancing fast, and I doubt we have the wisdom to control it much longer. We're struggling now. It's a shame, since it could be truly magical if we directed our focus toward the good of humanity. Unfortunately, there is another direction we may just as easily take, and I'm afraid that our greedy, self-serving nature, and unquinchable thirst for power and domination will rule the day and cut short our tenure on this planet. Let's face it, we're a violent, unmerciful bunch.

So, IMHO, whether it be from a runaway genetics experiment, manufacturing black holes in a physics lab, waging high tech war, a collective consciousness mind control experiment gone out of control, or an eventual natural disaster of Doomsday proportion, our collective number will eventually come up. Like everything else, our species as a whole will follow the same cycle of birth, life and death. It's the natural order of things. I have a nagging feeling that we, unfortunately, are nearing the end of that cycle.

The above is just MHO. I hope I'm wrong ...

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The title of this thread says that Dr. Stephen Hawking 'needs our help'.
My question - With what?
He isn't a 'world saviour' or anything. He isn't out to save the planet.
He's just a smart guy asking a question.

I detect a messiah complex or something ..

BTW .. just for the heck of it I answered his question. I said GOD.
That was all. Just God. If mankind is to survive it's only going to be
by divine intervention. Left to ourselves ... we are doomed.

[edit on 7/8/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
People are more concerned with appearances than to muster up enough self-denial to address extinction seriously. Sure, we should make our bid into space - but we had better make it inter-dimensional because in a brief history of time this universe is going to start counting backwards.

Maybe the environmental collapse will wipe out enough to get rid of the power structures but leave enough to forego extinction. Leaving us one more chance at the holy grail?
A subtle combination of spirituality and science will evolve - like the ancient correspondences, enabling us to truly evolve into self-determined space travellers.

Earth and its cataclysmic life cycle.

In the meantime, I'll rest easy in the knowledge there are greater powers than me or any one human being out there.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I'll make this short and sweet. I think we will go another 100 years no problem. I think separating religion and politics is a great idea. But that includes all religions. christianity, Islam, Hindu, Wiccan, Pagan, take all of that out of politics. Once that gets separated out, then do a full restructuring of the global political system. There is one problem with this though. What about the people that don't want to play along? We are going to have to topple these people before any of this can be put into action. I'm talking about Kim Jong (mentally) Il, The President, or what ever the heck the guy is from Iran, and the terrorists. Once we get these guys out of the way, institute the religion/politics thing.

The environmental issue I'll get into at another time. But I will say this, Recycle, recycle, recycle. I'll admit, I'm a hot rodder at heart and even I agree that we need to go to an alternative fuel source like methanol and ethanol. They can be easily made on short demand and is 100% replenishable as long as you have crops. Another thing is, used cooking oil from resturants can be recycled into lubricant, household items, and fuel. More on this later as well, since it's 3 AM and my eyes are slamming shut LOL.

Just a few suggestions, not full blown answers, yet, but something to think about. Especially since my eyes are slamming shut. LOL

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I believe there is nothing humanity can't overcome, if its really getting very bad well just throw money at it and fix it...

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
# mr stevie, sorry iam drunk

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join