It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quest for Atlantis: Starling New Secrets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Tommarrow night on the sci-fi channel, there is a special on atlantis, where apparently there will be some new evidence found to support its existance. it also seems as though a new conspiricy will be revealed, which will make it rather interesting.

Legends say that the city of Atlantis was plagued by a terrible day of floods and earthquakes before it was consumed by the sea. Recent findings have given this lost world some newfound credibility — and uncovered a conspiracy that looms larger than that of The Da Vinci Code.

Quest for Atlantis

this show will air tommarrow night (july 7) at 9:00 PM EST. i will try my best to watch this, though if i do miss it hopefully it will be on again, or the everyone here will catch me up on it.

by the way, sorry for posting this just before the it aired, but this is the first i have been able to post in a while.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I watched it and it was a cool show.I keep a open mind about Atlantis. The one thing that got me was the guy who claimed to have proof of atlantis in Anctartica and they asked him if he could show them and he wouldn't.I am sorry if you have concrete proof or semi-proof I think you would show it and get it checked out by archeologists.So I think he was just yanking everyones chain.If there were structures in Anctartica they would be rubble do to the ice sheets moving but then again I could be wrong-lake vostok is interesting and I guess there are some mountains that aren't under the ice so possibly some structures would survive .Its just if you have real proof then you would want to get it out there and not hide it.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I think time will show that the explorer who said atlantis was in the Med when the straits of Gibralter was a land bridge will turn out to be right.Just a gut feeling of mine.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by othello
I think time will show that the explorer who said atlantis was in the Med when the straits of Gibralter was a land bridge will turn out to be right.Just a gut feeling of mine.

I watched it as well. While I applaud any underwater exploration of the Mediterreanean sea floor and suspect it is littered with the reamins of ancient civilizations (mostly from ships that sank, though,) I've got a real problem with this guy Sarmast claiming a recent Mediterreanean flood. The only reason he makes this claim is that his "Cyprus Atlantis" is too deep underwater to be accounted for by geological processes (apparently, anyway.) He needs the Med. flood to account for the mile deep water over his "Atlantis." Problem is, he's pulling this flood completely out of thin air.

There is absolutely no indication at all that the flooding of the Meditereanean basin occurred within the last few tens of thousands of years. Going by all the evidence that geologists can find, there is every reason in the world to believe that the last Med. flood (there have been several) happened long before Homo Sapiens appeared.

I was not impressed at all with this so-called "documentary," really just a rehash of several already tired and threadworn "theories" about Atlantis.

There was nothing at all "new" in it, and they spent about 1/4 of the show talking about human-alien hybrids! Well, it was the SciFi Channel.

Harte

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by othello
I watched it and it was a cool show.I keep a open mind about Atlantis. The one thing that got me was the guy who claimed to have proof of atlantis in Anctartica and they asked him if he could show them and he wouldn't.I am sorry if you have concrete proof or semi-proof I think you would show it and get it checked out by archeologists.So I think he was just yanking everyones chain.If there were structures in Anctartica they would be rubble do to the ice sheets moving but then again I could be wrong-lake vostok is interesting and I guess there are some mountains that aren't under the ice so possibly some structures would survive .Its just if you have real proof then you would want to get it out there and not hide it.

You gotta give people some leeway when they start to give theories about stuff being in Antarctica. Of course, this also kinda gives them the upper hand to lie bold-faced to someone, as well, should they want to. The reason I say this is because international government place very strict restrictions upon the viability of travelling to Antarctica for a variety of reasons. The most logical and famous one being their intent to preserve the continent. Well, sure, that would make sense in a perfect world, but this is not one, nor does such a policy go hand-in-hand given the same governments' history of conquering and colonizing every available piece of land they can.

The fascinating thing about that continent is not only is it encased in frost, but there are chasms beneath that ice that are quite bottomless. No, structures would not always fall victim to shifting ice sheets, I don't think. I would think certain archaeological finds would be preserved and may have already, indeed, been recovered from there. When we will or if we will ever know about it remains to be seen.

[edit on 7/8/2006 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
I watched it as well. While I applaud any underwater exploration of the Mediterreanean sea floor and suspect it is littered with the reamins of ancient civilizations (mostly from ships that sank, though,) I've got a real problem with this guy Sarmast claiming a recent Mediterreanean flood.

Problem is, he's pulling this flood completely out of thin air.

There is absolutely no indication at all that the flooding of the Meditereanean basin occurred within the last few tens of thousands of years.
Harte

Hello my friend.

I did not get to see this show, but judging from the responses, it pales in respects to what ATS has to discuss about Atlantis.

So, what is it that occured, and flooded the Black Sea in 5600 BC? Is this not the Med Flooding? 200 Times the flow of the Niagara Falls? Thats a lot of water pouring into the Black Sea.

But I still do not believe Atlantis per'se, will be located in the MED. It is an Atlantic thing, as discussed elsewhere.

Have a good day Harte

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shane
So, what is it that occured, and flooded the Black Sea in 5600 BC? Is this not the Med Flooding? 200 Times the flow of the Niagara Falls? Thats a lot of water pouring into the Black Sea.

Shane,

I believe (without googling) that this flood you mention was when the Med. broke into the Black Sea which, it has been established, was a freshwater lake at the time.

No need for any flood of the Med basin for this to have occurred.

Harte

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
I believe (without googling) that this flood you mention was when the Med. broke into the Black Sea which, it has been established, was a freshwater lake at the time. No need for any flood of the Med basin for this to have occurred.
Harte

But the "Landscape", of the area makes this a bit misleading Harte.

We have the Black Sea, "nestled" or "protected" by those Mountains of Turkey.

About 2/3's of Turkey is over 2400 Feet, and half of the area nears 3100 Feet above sea level.

That's a lot of Water, within the MED Basin to create the Bosphorus.

Even at it's deepest, the Bosphorus is still 200 feet higher than the Original Black Sea level from 5600 BC.

Just some things that makes me wonder.

Have a Good evening Harte.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shane

1000x more! That's pretty impressive.

estimated to have been a cataract the flow of which would have been in excess of a thousand times greater than that now observed during flood stage at Niagra Falls, or approximately twelve billion (12,000,000,000) cubic feet per minute.

It has been estimated that the volume of water it took to fill the Black Sea Basin accounted for the lowering of the world's oceans by as much as one foot!

From here and based, mostly on Ryan and Pitman's 'Noah's flood' - (.pdf) and also see Black Sea Deluge May Have Helped Spread Farming

The first link I gave ('ex' quotes) also argues that the flood matches the timeline in Genesis more-so than Gilgamesh suggesting that Noah's story is the original... pretty good read and has alot of detail wrt what, where, and how much geography was flooded.

[edit on 9-7-2006 by Rren]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rren
1000x more! That's pretty impressive.

Thank's Rren for the correction and also for the links.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
i watched the show last night as well. it was pretty interesting. the part that suprised me was the guy claiming that atlantians were humanoids with mixed alien DNA. supposedly they came here looking for another place to live after their planet was being destroyed. the one part that was interesting was the proof that all over the world from ireland , to egypt, to the mayans there may have been some kind of ancient nuclear war? thats another theory of how atlantis was destroyed.

the cayce foundation was the ones who were actually looking at the mayan ruins , which supposedly has the scrolls and documentation of atlantis.

i dont know if anyone will ever find this place, but i bet plato is having a hell of a laugh , where ever he is !!

im out
-mindtrip02

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
So after watching this show and reading all the threads I have come to the conclusion that until it becomes mainstream knowledge that that missing link between humans and apes actually come from genetic manipulation by god (i mean highly evolved being i.e. aliens) in his image we will never know the truth about atlantis maybe we (humans as we know today) were cast out from that Island (genesis) and they sunk it (cast out never to return) and left the planet but some stayed (lucifer) to show that we were made capable (intelligent enough) to become as evolved as them (dispute between lucifer and god) and now since we are on that verge they are returning to put us in line or recruit us (revelations). Sorry for the tangent. But I truly believe we will never find it cause it is out of our realm of sight I am sure its still in the same space today as it was millions of years ago

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I was reviewing some of the Finds in Iran over the last while, and found the Gentleman who led the Cyprus Quest, was an Iranian.

This led to the Main Website for his venture.
www.discoveryofatlantis.com...
www.discoveryofatlantis.com...

It offers info on Robert Sarmast's quest, and visuals.

I just thought this should be presented to consideration.

Not that I agree this is Atlantis, or think it was once in the Med. Just trying to be fair for those who may have missed the show.

I thought the Map on the Top of the First Link is quite interesting, makes you wonder.

And Jonathan

That is a pretty good "Snapshot" of things.

The saddest part is, people just do not get it.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
In response to Mindtrips comments, human DNA has never been mixed with "Alien" DNA or whatever. Aliens have never visited earth or tried to colonize it.
I have heard of the ancient nuclear war theory but I think it is incorrect. My personal theory is that the Atlanteans being so arrogant about having their extremely high technology and knowledge of things that they misused it and God punished them. The first time was a warning the second time was serious and God caused an earthquake to swallow the whole country.
In response to Jonathans theory that Atlantis was kind of a metaphor like story about how satan was cast out of heaven. Very interesting and original but not true at all.

new topics

top topics

join