It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this? What is going on? Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I just visited the weapons forum, clicked on the "Who has the best special forces" thread, and wrote a HUGE reply. I clicked post reply button and.........pooof!!!!!............a blank page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bnghd::bnghd:
What is the meaning of this? I had to click the back button and write a VERY SHORT reply instead. This isn't the first time this happened and this is pisting me off. I am now afraid of writing long replies. What is going on? What's causing this?

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It is annoying when this happens. A simple solution is just copy the post before you hit post or write it in word.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Excellent idea! This happens to you to? That sucks. I really hate it. I'll just copy my post from now on.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Sorry to hear that. Here are some tips on what you can do to prevent it from happening again. I recommend this thread.

A public service announcement. How NOT to lose your work.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Thanks!!!!! Now I can go back to typing long long posts that are 2 billion words long, lol,

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Why dont you mods, super mods change it instead of going through the trouble.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat

It isn't always a bug in the program. Something like that can be caused by the user's--in this case Russian Soldier, but who ever--internet connection dropping out for a bit. Even with cable/broad band, a little hiccup on the network somewhere and the transmission's dropped. Also, it may be an issue with the server--maybe too many people clicked refresh at the same time, maybe the server software they use (ie apache, but whatever they have on their machine) has a minor glitch that isn't frequent enough to replicate reliably, so they can't fix it.

It's not that big a hassle; just after you're finished with your post, click in the box, hit Ctrl+A (windows, forget what Mac is, but I'm fairly sure it's similar), Ctrl+C. Click post, then if it chunks out on you hit Ctrl+V in the box when you get back to the screen to make your post. It takes longer to read what I just wrote than to do it.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier
Thanks!!!!! Now I can go back to typing long long posts that are 2 billion words long, lol,
(emphasis mine)

Wow, that's impressive!

You have unlimited charachters?

I though only long winded staff members had a gazillion characters to use.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCory1

It isn't always a bug in the program. Something like that can be caused by the user's--in this case Russian Soldier, but who ever--internet connection dropping out for a bit. Even with cable/broad band, a little hiccup on the network somewhere and the transmission's dropped. Also, it may be an issue with the server--maybe too many people clicked refresh at the same time, maybe the server software they use (ie apache, but whatever they have on their machine) has a minor glitch that isn't frequent enough to replicate reliably, so they can't fix it.

It's not that big a hassle; just after you're finished with your post, click in the box, hit Ctrl+A (windows, forget what Mac is, but I'm fairly sure it's similar), Ctrl+C. Click post, then if it chunks out on you hit Ctrl+V in the box when you get back to the screen to make your post. It takes longer to read what I just wrote than to do it.

I always do that but sometimes I forget and say, "aww man."

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I always do that but sometimes I forget and say, "aww man."

I usually say " Aw Man, not again!"

thanks to wcip for the image

[edit on 7/17/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

Originally posted by Russian soldier
(emphasis mine)

Wow, that's impressive!

You have unlimited charachters?

I though only long winded staff members had a gazillion characters to use.

Well, Mechanic, I'm just special

new topics

top topics

join