It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunted Painting - Does it make you feel ill?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
No it doesn't make me feel ill. I rather like it and would probably hang it in my house as a great conversation piece! I love odd stuff.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I feel ill, ill that I even opened this thread I know better what was I thinking? It's a picture and it didn't make me feel anything but stupid for looking for something.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Art is not about logic, it is about emotion. Did the picture make you feel anything? If it did, the art did its job. If you felt the same thing the artist did while painting, double the score. I know I learned quite a lot about the people here from their posts as a reaction to it. I think most who felt ill have a strong sense of compassion or insecurity, depending on their basis for their feeling. Those who felt that is was cool and would like it are those who get excited about things that are odd, original, or non-routine. For those who feel nothing at all...well, those are the ones who I am afraid of

[edit on 6-11-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
They made up this about this painting as I remember to get more for it on ebay.
They often do the same to many things they have sold haunted walking stick's haunted umbrella's haunted magazines etc etc you name it.
I think I once saw a haunted pen that supposedly wrote things when no one was using it.
And the sad part is there is no shortage of idiots with more money than sense who will gladly pay 10000% more than something is worth because someone says its haunted.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

Yeah, there has been some controversy about this painting. It could be possible that it was simply a marketing campaign, but it could also be true.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
If nothing else its a creepy painting.. dont know about the haunted part but yeah. Creepy, the artist did very well on it.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
And the sad part is there is no shortage of idiots with more money than sense who will gladly pay 10000% more than something is worth because someone says its haunted.

Another thing about "worth" in art is the following formula:

worth = how much someone is willing to pay for it.

Take a look at this painting and ask, is it "worth" $285,001,113?

www.artdaily.com...

What always makes me chuckle is that $13 at the end of the "value". Because you know, it ain't worth just $285,001,112...

[edit on 7-11-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Honestly, I'm sure that the sellers of the painting would have recieved just as much money for the painting if they didn't mention it being haunted (whether it really is or not, mind you). It may have not gotten that much attention, but yeah.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
seen it before...

Don't think it's that creepy to be honest. It certainly didn't fire hot air at me or force me to scream or pass out.

Maybe it needs new batteries?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I've seen the painting a couple of years ago through the 'net.

Only unlike the one that you linked to, this one showed it in larger dimensions. Plus the one who took the pictures, showed different parts of the paintings in picture format.

Back then, it was odd seeing it. Now, it just doesn't deliver.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
seen it before...

Don't think it's that creepy to be honest. It certainly didn't fire hot air at me or force me to scream or pass out.

Maybe it needs new batteries?

Perhaps given your experiences this doesn't seem shocking? I've had a few very scarey moments in my life that did not involve anything supernatural. My daughter as a baby choking on a piece of saran wrap she found on the floor comes to mind (remedied by putting my finger down her throat to cause gag-reflex to vomit everything). After that much fear of her possible ending of life, funky pictures tend not to have a dramatic affect on me.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by saint4God]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join