It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writing Challenge Idea Suggestions

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
How about a contest about a web site that refused to post a writing contest for its devout members who were patiently waiting for their next writing challenge? Although there were many ideas brought to the attention of the staff, they refused to post any inclination of an upcoming writing challenge! They were waiting to see how long the devout members would attentively check the writing forums for any hint of the next contest and chuckled demonically to themselves as the members new ideas for contests were posted in vain.

In a coordinated effort unforeseen by the staff at the web site, the members secretly gathered at a location and plotted their revenge on the site. This would be no cyber attack or emailed viruses. This would be up close and personal.

The sweating walls of their chosen location glistened in the light of the flickering lanterns as maps were splayed out across the fold out tables that were now methodically placed about the room so as to maximize a logical and coherent strategy.

Hey, you guys could be in for it man.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Stop trying plan the destruction of this site and make it sound like all of us are involved. No one would want to do a writing competition about that.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

"Then we all know our parts and everyone knows that there is no turning back from this point on?" jackflap said loudly as he addressed the crowd of disgruntled writers.

The small gathering shouted in agreement and began synchronizing their watches as per the plan. As everyone was busy finalizing there parts in the grand scheme a loud voice rose above the clamor.

"Have we forgotten about that one little stumbling block in our way already? It will not just go away and let us proceed as planned and we all know that. It will have to be dealt with swiftly before we can advance." A shadowy figure nearly pleaded with the mob.

"We've already dispatched a solution to our problem Anonymous. There are no more obstacles. Kid-cudi is as good as gone and his attempts at alerting the site have been thwarted." jackflap's face was momentarily illuminated by the zippo lighter that he used to light his smoke. A signal to everyone that the plan was indeed in motion and there would be no more opposition. The crowd laughed in unison.

Really man, do something about this writing contest before these guys gain momentum!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Don't worry... that's jackflap's way of getting loosened up for the next challenge, sort of like cracking knuckles and skipping rope.

You should check out some of his amazing contributions as a writer.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Wow, JF, I thought I was the only one that planned a rebellion to that degree of detail in my head!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

He's got some really writings. Although I think we should do a contest on "what if ATS was run by aliens and all the info we are all getting are warning signs of an alien probe attack. and the aliens are actually the ATS site owners and government agents.
edit on 7-4-2011 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
1) Invent a conspiracy

2)2nd american civil war

just a few quick new ideas

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
We are employees of HAARP facility and we run the machine. That's an awesome topic

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I recently had an idea for a collaborative effort. Unfortunately I got no replies to it. I thought it was a great Idea. we could have a contest about the struggles and hardships during the reign of Mary I of england. It was a time of great controversy.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

We could have a contest where we write a short story about an old FBI document. Or we can each create our own FBI document and see who's is the best!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I like this idea, only I would make it more generalized so we get a better range of stories. Something like...Create an official document leaked to the public that confirms a conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

That's an even better idea
mods please start a contest on the topic in the post above!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The history of the Earth has been perfectly preserved within. That perfectly preserved past has also perfectly preserved the future. It just waits to be decoded properly.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
No April contest what about a short story contest for MAY???

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I would greatly enjoy writing competitively. I don't do much of the competitions for things but, as of now, I am writing my own manga. so I would like a jump-start from the norm and I'd like to try my hand at this.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
How about a comp. on Bin Laden's last days? You could take it from anyones perspective. Just floating that out there.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
How about a topic wrapped around the End of the World predictions.They are coming fast and furious now; October is the next big date, no?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
How about a topic wrapped around the End of the World predictions.They are coming fast and furious now; October is the next big date, no?

I second this idea.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Too long with no contest. Masqua, what's up?

Can we have one in June since May is over almost?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join