It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chief constable Rejects calls for 7/7 public inquiry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   

The chief constable of one of the forces investigating the London bombings believes another 7/7-style attack in the UK is "very possible".

But Colin Cramphorn, West Yorkshire Police chief, rejected calls for a public into 2005's attacks.

He said resources were better focused on preventing a further atrocity rather than investigating a previous one.
Source.

Why would he reject calls for a public inquiry? Nothing to see here?

Surely a public inquiry would be the best way to put rest to claims such as these:

Mastermind of the 7/7 London Bombings, Haroon Rashid Aswat, is a British Intelligence Asset.

Bomb Was UNDER The Train Says Eyewitness Closest To It.

London Underground Bombing 'Exercises' Took Place at Same Time as Real Attack.

How did Greenspan Know about the London Bombings Two Days before?

And many more.

If these claims are all the musings of insane conspiracy nuts, wouldn't a public inquiry be the best way to prove it once and for all?

[edit on 6/7/06 by Implosion]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Because to have a public discussion is to allow for the public to ask the hard questions...the kinds of questions that elected leaders dont want to answer....like who dropped the ball...how did this happen...what are you doing ot make sure it doesnt happen again....questions like that Terrify leaders because they dont have the answers or the answers are I dropped the ball and I havent done anything since then to ensure that it doesnt happen again.....but thats just my opinion

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I ran across this tonight. Maybe you've read about it, maybe not. I was wondering if it was planted? I mean it's hard to believe that all these people can just keep taking high security type stuff home. Seems a bit planned to me. It's happening in the states too.

A SECRET military file found in a roadside ditch reveals how SAS troops and bomb disposal experts would be deployed in the event of a terrorist blitz.

The dynamite document — handed to us by the Sun reader who discovered it — tells how the elite forces would fly all over Britain in an emergency fleet of scrambled helicopters. It also:

DETAILS how Cabinet ministers, top brass and intelligence chiefs meet to discuss national emergencies on the “COBRA” security committee.

LISTS a host of ongoing anti-terror operations, along with their code names and commanders.

PROVIDES an A to Z telephone directory of the nation’s most important military figures, including the Defence Secretary, the Chief of the Defence Staff and the Director of Special Forces, and

REVEALS the home addresses and even wives’ names of the Defence Ministry’s 28 leading counter-terrorist personnel, including one of the Army’s most senior brigadiers.

The 46-page blueprint, which has come to light on the eve of the first anniversary of the 7/7 suicide bombings, was lost in a scandalous security blunder.

And it could easily have fallen into the wrong hands.

More here
www.thesun.co.uk...

new topics

join