It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Werewolves?? Real? Myth??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
It's an interesting creature and quite the fantasy for some if ever wander into the stranger side of the internet. I quite often jokingly say my ex was a werewolf as on the full moon the descriptive word for a female canine was always quite fitting.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
They're real, i think. I have no idea where they'd hide, but in my opinion, by now, they'd be really good at it. I say that all those people who go missing and are never found again, are attacked by wereweolves.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Quite a long time ago I listened in to a conversation at a coffee shop near Dartmouth College to these two guys who seemed quite *in the know.*
In a nut shell here's what they were saying about werewolves.

The basis for the werewolf story began hundreds of years ago around Rumania.

Small towns were dying of cold and starvation.
They would store the dead bodies in caves until the ground thawed enough for burials.

Some of the elderly were thrown *out to the wolves* literally - to save food. (Turned out of their homes and into the night to fend for themselves).

These elderly were sighted feeding with wolves on dead bodies.

Children turned up missing and were blamed on these same people and wolf packs.

Thus, the folklore began.

Something about it rings true.

I wish I could have spoken to these two men - listened to them longer - better yet - found some information to relate to what they were saying, but, not to happen.

I’ve looked on and off through the years - and now you’ve got me looking again.

Here’s a site I just found that looks great!

Werewolves were said to bear tell-tale traits in European folklore. These included the meeting of both eyebrows at the bridge of the nose, curved fingernails, low set ears and a swinging stride. One method of identifying a werewolf in its human form was to cut the flesh of the accused, under the pretense that fur would be seen within the wound. A Russian superstition recalls a werewolf can be recognised by bristles under the tongue. The appearance of a werewolf in its animal form varies from culture to culture, though they are most commonly portrayed as being indistinguishable from ordinary wolves save for the fact that they have no tail (a trait thought characteristic of witches in animal form), and that they retain human eyes and voice. After returning to their human forms, werewolves are usually documented as becoming weak, debilitated and undergoing painful nervous depression. Many historical werewolves were written to have suffered severe melancholia and manic depression, being bitterly conscious of their crimes. One universally reviled trait in medieval Europe was the werewolf's habit of devouring recently buried corpses, a trait which is documented extensively, particularly in the Annales Medico-psychologiques in the 19th century. Fennoscandian werewolves were usually old women who possessed poison coated claws and had the ability to paralyse cattle and children with their gaze. Serbian vulkodlaks traditionally had the habit of congregating annually in the winter months, where they would strip off their wolf skins and hang them from trees. They would then get a hold of another vulkodlaks skin and burn it, releasing the vulkodlak from whom the skin came from its curse. The Haitian jé-rouges typically try to trick mothers into giving away their children voluntarily by waking them at night and asking their permission to take their child, to which the disoriented mother may either reply yes or no.

See Link

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
OP: In a word... NO.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Phew, I'm glad to have cleared that up.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Werewolves like dragons, vampires, etc, are creatures of myth and magic. Most if not all people tend to be more scientific minded, looking for a way to explain the phenomena in a logical scientific way. Not a bad way to view the world but if your not open to the possibility that some things cannot be explained via scientific means, then of course the existence of a werewolf is going to seem impossible and preposterous.

If werewolves do exist perhaps they aren't the evil killing machines that common lore has placed on them. It's simply human nature to fear what we can't explain. Perhaps they are just like every other creature trying to survive. With that in mind no wonder none have ever been found. What do you think would happen to one if it were caught? Caged poked and prodded like a giant lab rat. Being at least half man I'm sure if they existed they would be smart enough to figure out that would be their fate if ever one was discovered.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by surrender_dorothy

Umm...I happen to have a scar on my left palm that is an upside down 5-pointed star, I DO have memory loss but I'm not overly hairy or anything like that...my parents won't tell me where I got the scar...had it since I was a baby...I'm 13.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Think about this, we know more about the universe than we do our own oceans and only 25% of the rain forest has been charted. I think there are things in our world no one will understand, I like to keep my mind open to the possibility that there are unexplainable "things" out there. But I also would'nt want to cross anythings-ones path.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Werewolves are real of course. Absurd to think they're not. I really don't think something that is pure fantasy could have such a hugeeffect on the media and people. Plus..there are those stories in Wisconsin....

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I Think that they exist. why do i say this?. heres my story. one night i was talking to my boyfriend on the phone. i was in my bedroom. chating away. and suddenly i heard a weird animal sound not like any thing i ever heard. it was like a puffing sound. and i looked out the window and saw two big yellow eyes staring at me and then they were gone . and this was in kansas in the country. and what ever it was i never seen it again. And thats a true story.

my ex girlfriend once told me she saw something like a werewolf in a mountain close to the town she live the creature with yellow eyes and walk in 2 legs she also say she and her friend run when they look back the creature wasn't there she say it was scary as hell could it be true?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
oh yea well guess wut Werewolves are nothing, have yall ever heard of the Butt Raping Cheese Chicken. He frequents local cemetery's an your local wal-marts on moonlit cloudy nights. Legends say that would be strangers who frequent cemetery's and wal-marts often fall prey to the Butt Raping Cheese Chicken. Supposedly when the moon rises he begins his nocturnal feathery emissions. He is known to carry a satchel full of prewrapped cheeses (of all flavors), from cheddar to linberger. Most often teenagers on a ghost hunt or old folks in search of cheese come across the Butt Raping Cheese Chicken. His attack is cunning, he slowly unwraps the scented cheese and sends out his mating call, which sounds similar to drowning turkey, blagablagablagablagablaga, something of that nature. As his prey approaches they often hear the sound of cheese being unwrapped. "Hey did you hear that?" by the time you hear this sound it is already to late, he's behind you! Suddenly you feel yourself being violated by a feathery fiend while getting slapped in the face repeatedly with all different flavors of cheese. And just as quickly as it begins it is over, all you're left with is cheesy face and sticky feathery ass. If you are wal-mart shopper he frequently traps you in the restroom while you are unsuspecting and vulnerable. For all you non-believers if you ever find yourself in the cemetery or wal-mart on a moonlit cloudy night beware of the sound, blagablagablagablagablaga, or something of that nature; or the sound the sound of cheese being unwrapped, run for your life it is the Butt Raping Cheese Chicken.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I can't believe that you guys think that EVERYTHING has to be explained by science! Why can't we just accept the inevitable, and realize that there are things out there that exist that are far greater than us humans! I mean, really now, why can't werewolves exist? just because you dont want them too? Because you think that that destroys the fine line between fantasy and reality if vampires and werewolves and mythical creatures exist?
Seriously!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Banana your memory loss could be a sign of possession but there's a lot of other strange stuff out there. Best of luck

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Kiwiemperor]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
(Note: *I didn't take the time to read all the other posts, so my apologies If something of the sort has already been stated).

Werewolfs are real. Though I'm sure there not the flesh-ripping mosters they've come to be over the years, through Hollywood exagerations.
They still are real. The full moon is believed to turn you into a werewolf, but with alot more diffculties which involves the stupidity of lieing in a cornfield.
The reason full moons are stuffed into the tales of Werewolfs is because that is the night they hunt. And they mostly hunt as a pack.
They can change into Humani or Wolf whenever. And most werewolfs start as a Human, anyways.

I hoped this helped, for now
!

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I can't believe that you guys think that EVERYTHING has to be explained by science! Why can't we just accept the inevitable, and realize that there are things out there that exist that are far greater than us humans! I mean, really now, why can't werewolves exist? just because you dont want them too? Because you think that that destroys the fine line between fantasy and reality if vampires and werewolves and mythical creatures exist?
Seriously!

First I think you shouldn't have posted this as Anonymous because you have my deep gratitudes!

This is so true, how do we even know that the Sciences are real anyways? Since most Human minds can't even look out and see that there is
things greater then them. WE JUST CANT EXPLAIN THE STUPID SCIENCE FOR THINGS LIKE THIS. *Stomps*
It makes me angry to think, that everything must be explained one way or another. Just excepet this matter as it is. Were wolfs are REAL.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Werewolves are no doubt some small myth hollywood has blown out of proportion.

I think its more BS then jesus or reptilians.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by KillerBananaWaffles

umm.. i have the same exact scar... and my parents tell me the same thing...
exept that these things have been happening recently and havent stopped... no sleeping... exess energy... gotten about 3 inches taller in a week...(i swear)... and nearly every sense has been improved, all but my touch and taste....
i swear that all this is true

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
tey are real look up therian or therianthropy on google

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

well i cant sleep have slight memory loss (sometimes)
and hve grown about 4 inches in a month but im not a werewolf its just superstition
i've had ecsma on my hand for like half a year now aswell.
OH NO IM TURNING INTO A WOLF!!
wud be cool tho.. but... if there were real werewolves someone has bound to filmed or took a photo of em.
and lately i've gained quicker reflexes... but im still slow in the brain.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join