It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Mosquito!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Cramped housing conditions and air pollution in Athens have given rise to a "super breed" of mosquito that is larger, faster and more adept at locating human prey, a Greek daily has reported.

news.yahoo.com...

Pretty cool, unless you live in Athens I guess.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
That is really freaky. i HATE mosquitos.

remember that 80's horror movie about the giant mosquitos that attacked people. they were like the size of a bus! if mosquitos ever got that big it'd be "peace out earth!"...im stealing a space shuttle and going to live on the moon.

(shivers) giant bugs freak me out

Digitalgrl

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
No doubt. That movie was just on Sci-fi like 2 weeks ago. I love those old bug movies. I would definately be out of here if those were real though.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
That is scary bout those Athens mosquitos. i have seen those movies bout bus size mosquitos are quite funny.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
i wonder what they are going to do now since they are resistant to bug spray?! i dont know if athens is effected by stuff like west nile or anything, but this isnt a good thing as far as diseases go.

i wonder if there are any other common bugs like this that are mutating...im sure there is.

i wish it was safe for humans to cover themselves in that RAID spray..then the bugs would just instantly die when they touched me

i wonder if the global warming thing gets worse..if the mosquitos and other bugs will get giant?

oh my gosh, i just thought about something....(can you tell this is freaking me out lol) what about cockroaches?!?!?! i saw on the discovery channel that cock roachers used to be really freaking huge.

Digitalgrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I've been told that mosquitos abhor zinc. A friend swears that he can take zinc tablets for a week, and he'll build a natural resistance to the pests! I can honestly say they avoid him and bother me!

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Gosh I hate those flying insect rats. I hope they dont migrate over

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Maybe its just an ad for citronella

Insects hate citric acid,Just rub a few lemons on yourself..

Was just enjoying a corona light by the pool yesterday..WITH the obligatary slice of lemon shoved in the bottle neck to keep the flies away

edit cuz i found this 4 digitalgurl

[edit on 8-7-2006 by AGENT_T]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
Maybe its just an ad for citronella

Insects hate citric acid,Just rub a few lemons on yourself..

Was just enjoying a corona light by the pool yesterday..WITH the obligatary slice of lemon shoved in the bottle neck to keep the flies away

edit cuz i found this 4 digitalgurl

[edit on 8-7-2006 by AGENT_T]

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! i HATE roaches!!! kill it!

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   
OMG that is disgusting!!!

If there is one thing I rejoice in exterminating, it's mozzies. They can be a tough prey if all you're using is a book.

And I think these super-mosquito's must be one of the most horrible things I've ever heard of. "Adapted to deal with insect repellents,"Argh!! And I would presume that the higher wing-beat rate would mean that they move quicker and have faster reaction times also. Oh God.

[edit on 8/7/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Mozzies are a joy to exterminate in small amounts.

All you need is an aerosol of your cheapest deoderant and a ciggie lighter..

Hey presto.. instant flame thrower..

Jsut remember to spray away from flammable object like curtains/lampshades people etc

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
agent T that picture was mean lol

Digitalgrl

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
You know if you take vitiamn B tablets then you give off a yeasty smell only the mozzies and such can smell, and they dislike it, so they leave you alone.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
if we get a swarm of super giant bugs...im stocking up on flamethrowers.

fire always wins

i just gotta figure out how to get one, and then how to work one. i dont suppose they just hand those things out to people
i bet someone would sell some on ebay if we had super bugs. otherwise, i'll have to track down some of the guys i went to highschool with who get into trouble making drayno bombs. if you dont have a flamethrower i guess giving the bug a nice chemical burn would work
lol

Have a good one,
Digitalgrl

join