It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Missile Tests from North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
In the wake of the failed missile test by North Korea there appear to be signs that another round of tests are about to begin, including another test of the Taepodong-2 missile. while the NBC news source sited in the attached news article says that the missiles are not yet on the launch pad, Fox news has reported just minutes ago as of this writing that the missiles are on the launch pad and that North Korea is gearing up for another launch. This news coming at a time when the UN has yet to answer for North Korea's previously fired missiles.

www.theage.com.au
North Korea is reportedly readying more missiles for test firing, as Western governments decide how best to tackle the reclusive state.

US network NBC reports that North Korea appears to be making preparations to launch another Taepodong-2 missile but the missile is not yet on the launch pad. NBC said the missile was in its final assembly stage.

Chosun Ilbo, one of South Korea's largest newspapers reported North Korea had three or four short or medium-range missiles on launch pads.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

At a time when tensions have not yet calmed over North Korea's original missile attempt it seems that North Korea is setting up another round of missile tests, which is sure to inflame an already intense situation with it's neighboring countries.

Japan is calling on the UN to pass a swift resolution against North Korea in response to the first set of missile tests, one has to wonder how a second set of tests would sway the UN on their decision. The actions of North Korea have met with remarks of condemnation from the world community thus far and any further attempt by Pyongyang to test it's missiles will only worsen the situation.

North Korea has said any attempt to stop the missile tests will be met with force. given statement's like these one has to wonder if military action is eminent.

Related News Links:
www.abc.net.au

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Breaking News! North Korea fire missile. Lands 600km From Japanwww.cbsnews.com...

[edit on 6-7-2006 by the_sentinal]

[edit on 6-7-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
they seem to be dilibratly trying to provoke conflict... I wonder if this test will be slightly more succesfull?

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I dont get what this guys deal is.
he wants to fight, but why. What are his true motives?
And what is going on behind China and Russia's doors that they want to talk?

I am starting to think this is more than just some dude beating his chest, something else is going on here.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
First thing that ran through my mind
"No! They're all gonna laugh at you" (adam sandler)

But what if the first testings WERE MENT to look like duds?

a sorta "Hmm no worries people of America they can't do it"
new launch
"Oh boy, sorry fellow citizens our information was wrong,again"
Just a thought

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
First thing that ran through my mind
"No! They're all gonna laugh at you" (adam sandler)

But what if the first testings WERE MENT to look like duds?

a sorta "Hmm no worries people of America they can't do it"
new launch
"Oh boy, sorry fellow citizens our information was wrong,again"
Just a thought

good point. I hope that is not what is happening.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
That is an stratagy make people think you can't do something
then do it.

I've read on here that they are not capable of nucular but
if I were to do something (crazy) why not bio?

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
There is one important point of consideration. Think about how all this plays inside North Korea. The NK media is pushing the us vs. them thing. They groom any and all news that enters their country. From their point of view, this missile test is being sold as "putting America in its place." We forget that tyrants routinely manipulate the flow of information in their own countries.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lardo5150
I dont get what this guys deal is.
he wants to fight, but why. What are his true motives?
And what is going on behind China and Russia's doors that they want to talk?

I am starting to think this is more than just some dude beating his chest, something else is going on here.

Yes, I also believe the same, North Korea wouldn't really do any such moves unless they knew someone else would be there to help them. North Korea has gotten most of their missile technology from Iran, and Russia and China are the ones who sells Iran their technology. Why would North Korea do this? What if these tests by NK are to test our missile defense system, and this has not been the first attempt to test the U.S. defense system.

I posted yesterday a news link which although it is two months old, I think is very important for people to see, the link can be found in other forums in ATS, but it was never posted in ATSNN. That thread was deleted because it is two months old.

In April 22 2006 Russian bombers flew into the United States zone of the Artic Ocean undetected by radar or visually, and Russian officers were more than happy to tell this to the world.

en.rian.ru...

Why would Russia, if they are our allies and friends as some suggest, want to do this for?

The anwser is simple, if Russia was our friend and ally, they would have not done this, and now out of the blue NK appears to be doing the same but this time with missiles? It is true that many of their missiles failed, but if China or Russia did this directly it would be a declaration of war, one which noone would be able to deny, so instead, and exactly how they did with Iraq, and are doing with Iran, they are using their puppets to do their dirty work. Perhaps in hopes that the United States would make the first move, or just to test our defense capabilities.

That is just my opinion, and i really hope that I am wrong in my assesment, but there have been too many coincidences for all of this being a fluke.

[edit on 6-7-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Oh and btw, what was the response from the Russian government on this latest move by North Korea?

MOSCOW, July 5 (RIA Novosti) - Russia's Foreign Ministry said Wednesday that tests of ballistic missiles conducted by North Korea had threatened Pacific shipping and violated a missile launch moratorium previously declared by Pyongyang, but rejected the idea of sanctions.

North Korea officially announced Wednesday that it had conducted test launches of ballistic missiles, including a long-range Taepodong-2, and claimed it was the country's sovereign right.

"Russia expresses serious concern over these actions, which run counter to the expectations of the global community and its efforts to strengthen peace and stability in the region and could complicate even further the resolution of the nuclear crisis on the Korean peninsula," the Russian foreign ministry said in a statement.

en.rian.ru...

So pretty much they are saying this was bad but let's not do anything about it?

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
hmm I guess the most important issue here is what will happen if NK actauly hits the US with any weapon?

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
So pretty much they are saying this was bad but let's not do anything about it?

If they were saying "let's not do anything about it" I think they would have said that.

Sanctions are not the only solution. It seems Russia would be more interested in getting a face to face talk along with the other members of the Big 6. Do you really think sanctions are going to make a lick of a difference in a country where the people are already impoverished, with a sultan-like king who gets whatever he wants? I doubt highly that sanctions are going to do much to help with this country. There is nothing wrong with talking, it is not a sign of weakness to talk to other countries to work out differences.

They will fire more missiles, I think by now that should be obvious. It may not be today, it may not happen next week, but it will happen if the current situation continues in the same way. What we should focus on in my opinion is where can these missiles go (if they can make it far in the first place) and what would we do.

Also, what are the workings surrounding this and who will gain from each event that occurs?

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Several times have there been talks and not much has come from them. For some reason North Korea wants to have 1-1 talks only with the United States, which is kind of strange, the United States said no and for a good reason, we need to have other people present in any talks with North Korea or any other oppresive regime.

As for Russia outright rejecting any sanctions, sanctions could be done against any country selling or sending military equipment to NK. The people will not suffer if no military equipment is sent to NK. But the Russians are against all sanctions.

I guess such sanctions will not help the Russian government, and some others, since they sell NK military equipment, including missile technology...

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I would also have to wonder if the missiles that failed were intercepted by our missile defense system, instead of just having failed.

Well someone already made this question in another forum of ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join