It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Addicted To War?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
America is not addicted to war.

However, most all Americans would encourage war if we had a real threat to our nation or our national security.

This "war in iraq" is not a war, it is a orchastrated conflict. When America has been at WAR, we used everything we had to get it over. I am no historian but the last real war that was fought to win was WWII. It had the backing of the American people. Even it is clouded in conspiricy, but we did fight to win when we got involved.

America is not afraid of war, not if the threat is real. America is not timid to fight, but many do not want to fight and get our people killed if the threat is manufactured rather than real.

God have mercy on any nation that gets the real rath of America. Once we the people come to the conclusion that our land, family and children are in danger, and generate this concern across the nation, there will be no stopping our actions.

As of now, we are not convinced as a nation that the "war on terror" is a real and present danger.

America addicted to war? NO

America capable of war? YES

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Steve R.:

After several Google searches, I was unable to find more than an offhand reference or two to that comment by Ho Chi Minh. Ho did consider himself a disciple of Gandhi, and may have said that to justify his own violent approach to liberating Vietnam from the French, in contrast to Gandhi's methods. I'm not entirely sure about that. I am sure that he said it, though.

<< 4  5  6   >>

join